Undying Evangelist A few questions?

"
I am evangelist summoner. Running around with 4 of them killing stuff like crazy. People in public are often amazed by the dmg, so don't listen to thrash talk about them. I like the theme.

They use physical spells. Faster casting is a way to go because they cast. I use added fire dmg, life leech, increased area (for bauble and dmg spell), fast cast and minion dmg. Hate trap and mine combinations because they ruin the purpose of a necromancer. You can also use concentrated effect, but I like the defenses from the baubles, I am really safe inside :)

Was curious about supports for these guys also, was thinking about faster casting/minion damage /life leech as I'm currently using them in a +minion 4l while I'm leveling gems (I'm with you on the remote mine/trap thing, an interesting mechanic but not one I use, also used to only running 2 auras as that was all I could really get away with on my CI summoner from last league) in domination. Having a lot of fun with my hp eb witch summoner and I think I will keep using these guys and try them in a 5l with faster casting/added fire/life leech/increased aoe once i get a 5l with maybe minion life thrown in there instead of minion damage if survivability if its an issue (though I doubt it) and worry about a 5th support if I get to that point. The fact that they do good damage, have pretty good AI and survive pretty well makes them pretty good, add in the shield and the fact that they don't lag parties and its a no brainier for summoners. Tempted to get a rime gaze and try them in that just for the fun of it later on as well (or try it in standard as I have my summoner from last league i could also respec). shame carcass jack isn't + to gems in that item, that would have been a fun combination also.
I can see how they can be popular in parties due to lack of lag and bubbles that can protect others in the group (I think ?)
that is correct anything standing within the bubble is protected.

Side note:

goning to try

faster cast + increased aoe + added chaos + lightning + added fire

every burst would do like base + 400(or so elemental damage)
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
My Summoner slot has usualy 3x blue (spectre+minion life+minion damage) and 1x green socket for LMP/Chain, both are great for many other spectres but of course LMP does not make much sense with these Evangelist mobs I guess. So I need a green support gem that can help them (besides one blue that I can switch for the minion life gem), sadly there is not much useful in green. Cold damage maybe?
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Nov 2, 2013, 10:37:26 AM
played around with these guys. love the bubble, but I think the damage isnt quite up to par to flame sentinels. with these guys you pretty much have to give them fast cast, and increased area is very recommended.

also they desync a bit and their ai is designed to stay back so if I have to run to the bubble I kinda have to retreat...its not the most intuitive thing ever. and its worst when I run back and bubble just desyncs and turns out my spectre is actually behind...

one big issue Ive noticed that sometimes I still take damage when inside bubble from sources not in the bubble. maybe its reflect packs or something but my CODT triggers while in bubble

overall cool support spectre, I may take one of these guys as the third spectre against something like temple piety and see how well the bubble can hold up against tons of ele damage.

what they got going for them is the force field/bubble and aoe that can shoot offscreen stuff and in general can aim at things not easily accessible by fireballs
Just tested passives for Increased area of skills, and i wanna say you they are not working with Evangelists spells at all :( only the support gem seems working.
IGN: KaMaCyTpA
Buying Quallity gems - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/167349
"
KaMaCyTpA wrote:
Just tested passives for Increased area of skills, and i wanna say you they are not working with Evangelists spells at all :( only the support gem seems working.

why would they- passives like that only work on you...not minions
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
My Summoner slot has usualy 3x blue (spectre+minion life+minion damage) and 1x green socket for LMP/Chain, both are great for many other spectres but of course LMP does not make much sense with these Evangelist mobs I guess. So I need a green support gem that can help them (besides one blue that I can switch for the minion life gem), sadly there is not much useful in green. Cold damage maybe?

Try "blind" gem, if it work, those Evangelists will protect your zombies when they face with monsters that deal physical damage :D

I always wanna use Evangelist but it take too much effort to capture them (I still lvl'ing atm, I'm too carebear to step into sceptre of god.) and GGG still not upgrade spectre , so I can't try blind with Evangelist yet.
Last edited by minigod123 on Nov 4, 2013, 1:45:29 AM
had a bit of a play around with them, but what exactly does that bubble do?

I agree with remote mine being a nuisance as well, but for a 60% 'more' modifier you'd be crazy not to I guess.
ok these guys are seriously fucking OP against heavy ele spellcasters/bosses

I can just chill in their bubble against temple piety spamming skellies right at her till shes dead.

Im going to play around some more, but increased duration gem with quality, if Im thinking correctly, can provide some ridiculous uptime for the bubble.

Im thinking something like increased duration+ added fire + increased area + minion damage for 5L

you can even take out life leech because not a lot will get through the bubble and you'll heal it back with pots+vitality+rejuv totem

Im still meh on their clear potential because their spells are so slow even with 20/20 fast cast, and lots of times simply miss on fast mobs. but the bubble should be amazing against any hard-hitting ranged ele boss.

and actually if youre willing to micromanage a bit and really stay close in the bubble, you can remove the increased AOE gem and socket something else, to make it even harder for stupid enemy AI to hit it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info