pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
Majad wrote:
The Flask Effect nodes increase what in flasks exactly? The suffixes/prefixes of the flask or the amount of res/max res you get or?

They increase the effects of the flasks, namely, the armor/resistance/maxres/evasion they provide, including I believe prefixes and suffixes.

@dragonfroid the way cast on hit works is unfortunate. You need to link it to your attack to use it, which is obviously not a good use of 2 slots in the main link. An alternative is using it an attack that you use only to proc curses, which could work due to our high attack speed. This is actually a good idea as it allows you to use a high level curse unlike with codt.

An interesting possibility for this would be whirling blades + curse on hit + high level curse, so that as you whirl into packs it automatically curses them.
Last edited by pabrt on Feb 13, 2014, 3:32:19 PM
There is absolutely no point to use curse on hit gem, you can always use cast on crit.. Curses will still possess their aoe effect, and you can put curses in voll's chest if it's 6-linked..
Last edited by Intellect on Feb 14, 2014, 4:12:49 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
"
Majad wrote:

@dragonfroid the way cast on hit works is unfortunate. You need to link it to your attack to use it, which is obviously not a good use of 2 slots in the main link. An alternative is using it an attack that you use only to proc curses, which could work due to our high attack speed. This is actually a good idea as it allows you to use a high level curse unlike with codt.

An interesting possibility for this would be whirling blades + curse on hit + high level curse, so that as you whirl into packs it automatically curses them.

Thanx for your response :)
"
Intellect wrote:
There is absolutely no point to use curse on hit gem, you can always use cast on crit.. Curses will still possess their aoe effect, and you can put curses in voll's chest if it's 6-linked..

Well, that's the thing, you don't want to waste a slot in your 6l for a curse, as you lose a lot of dps that way.

The easiest option is to put it with codt, but that means it is a lower level curse.

If you wanted a high level curse, you could have it in a separate link with curse on hit to only use as a quick way to curse things, perhaps on an attack you were already going to do (like whirling blades).

In this situation, curse on hit is better as it is 100% chance to activate, whereas cast on crit isn't.
"
pabrt wrote:

Well, that's the thing, you don't want to waste a slot in your 6l for a curse, as you lose a lot of dps that way.

Since i 6-linked voll's i don't know what to to use in this last blue socket ) of course i can use a lot of dps gems, but i feel my damage is aleady high , so lvl 20 enfeeble is an option.

"
pabrt wrote:
In this situation, curse on hit is better as it is 100% chance to activate, whereas cast on crit isn't.

With lvl 20 curse on hit you'll have only 47% chance to cast supported curse, and you'll only curse one enemy, while with lvl 20 cast on crit you'll have 88% chance and you'll curse whole pack.. if you have high enough crit chance, then curse on on hit is useless.. well, almost useless - it still has interesting quality bonus.
Oh I thought curse on hit was 100% and aoe, yeah that gem is trash then.

Though it is possible to use whirling blade cast on crit with your curse maybe, but for stronger enemies you would have to reapply with a shitty attack...
Hi this build is simply amazing! (except the 5L voll's cost me ton's of currency already and i still couldnt manage to get a 6L :p)
anyway, you've mentioned that blood dance is kinda useless in this build in replies, my question is how about the rat's nest? (sorry if you've talked about it already in the replies, not sure if i've read all of them.) it has attack speed, crit chance! just want to know ur opinion:)
thanks again! you're awesome!
Rat's Nest (and Maligaro's gloves) work in the build. But they're essentially a tradeoff of life and resist/armor for more damage/procs. They can be very useful if you're lower level as they can push you into the range of permanent flask uptime, but IMO I'd rather not miss out on the life/resist in those slots.
Oh I see! Thx for answering!
btw, I'm also wondering why not using dual strike since it increases crit.chance per quality upgrade?
Dual strike only counts as one crit, even though you're hitting with two weapons. So it generates half as many crits/procs as double strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info