pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
pabrt wrote:
Firestorm either all crits or doesn't, and has a low crit chance.

However with crit weakness, each ball gains its own additional crit chance.

This isn't how critting works with critical weakness. Effectively this happens when you cast/proc a spell with regards to crit:

The spell rolls a value between 0 and 100. This is used as the base to determine whether a hit from that spell will crit. Whenever you get a hit the game checks your modified crit value (from passives, equipment, enfeeble on you, and crit weakness on the target). If the modified value exceeds the rolled value, it crits, if it doesn't, it's a regular hit. For crit weakness, all it does is add the additional chance at the end of the calculation. So it only makes a difference in critting or not if you roll very close to your chance to crit without it.

Interestingly enough, for MOST builds you can consider this "all or nothing" behaviour where if the first hit crits, the rest will since typically the ways to modify your crit after a spell is out increases it. There are two ways I'm aware of to decrease your crit chance after the fact: getting enfeeble cast on you (horrendously unlikely. Especially since there's a good chance you'll be using a curse immunity flask) or more relevantly, you lose your power charges. So you can indeed crit and then not for hits on firestorm if you roll close to your "natural" crit chance (power charges and crit weakness vs. not gives about 15% on fire storm), depending on what other things are going on while a procced firestorm is going off.

Also, since this was discussed earlier, the only real current use is for curse on hit is to have it be high quality (increased effect of curses) and link it to a low level cwdt proc (like firestorm, which can potentially generate charges) with a high level curse.
Oh is that so? I remember hearing from multiple people/streams that it added an individual roll. Either way it doesn't matter much for the codt setup, though so shrug
No updates i see sience 13 Dec 2013..... so what is new on the total of.... 53 pages ?.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
So the flask nodes increase the 10% overcap on resists as well? Is that how you're hitting 88 res all? Is the 90 in your OP legacy?
Yeah the flask nodes increase the max resist on flasks. The 90% is from when I used to use elemental adaptation, I haven't updated in a while.
"
Dhoros wrote:
No updates i see sience 13 Dec 2013..... so what is new on the total of.... 53 pages ?.
I check the thread once a day and reply to questions

I'm not sure how much more there is to add to the build in the current patch. I will be updating if stuff in the expansion affects the build!
Gota say. I think I climbed a really big level with this build today. I managed to get this

and my AS rocketed quite a lot coupled with Prismatic Eclipse. While the dagger isn't that all great, since it's missing physical dmg increase, I have 5.73 APS with 65.2 crit.

Missing quite a lot of crit still but I am clearing maps a lot faster than before when I had my two previous daggers (they didn't have any AS on them, both plat kris).

Like, I am clearing stuff so much faster and I'm not going oom as much as I used too before, if at all, unless there's a less phys mod on maps or a mob has a lot of armour. Can't wait to find an even better dagger with all the right mods. :P
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Hey i've a question since i'm more or less a newb in this game:

I'm actually running a cyclone+discharge build with a 4L volls, following more or less your build (overall the iron reflexes stuff but not interested in flasks atm).

I'm thinking about keep the cyclone+discharge 4L combo to AOE cleanup, but i'm also interested to run the doublestrike combo to single target bosses, but, the multistrike is mandatory for the build or u can run with doublestrike+coc+discharge+lifeleech? i'm not willing to waste currency into get a 5l or 6l volls to include multistrike, and if i finally get one i would probably put multi on cyclone, i don't know.

And another question, is doublestrike more viable for partying or they will reject people with doublestrike as they do with cyclone only cos it runs discharge?

Tyvm for answer
"
Ether1an wrote:
Hey i've a question since i'm more or less a newb in this game:

I'm actually running a cyclone+discharge build with a 4L volls, following more or less your build (overall the iron reflexes stuff but not interested in flasks atm).

I'm thinking about keep the cyclone+discharge 4L combo to AOE cleanup, but i'm also interested to run the doublestrike combo to single target bosses, but, the multistrike is mandatory for the build or u can run with doublestrike+coc+discharge+lifeleech? i'm not willing to waste currency into get a 5l or 6l volls to include multistrike, and if i finally get one i would probably put multi on cyclone, i don't know.

And another question, is doublestrike more viable for partying or they will reject people with doublestrike as they do with cyclone only cos it runs discharge?

Tyvm for answer

It's mandatory to have multistrike if you're using doublestrike. It increases your AS by a lot and thus the chances of criting - > discharging, so a 5L is mandatory at all times if you're using doublestrike to discharge. Also, a 5L Voll's is not expensive. I bought mine for only 2 exalts and that's standard for a 5L Voll's. Well, that was the standard price in Domination but it seems to be an extra 1 or 2 exalts in Standard.

As for party, people don't like CoC discharge because of discharge, not because of either doublestrike or cyclone.

PS: You're going to need flasks when you get around to level 60 + since the survivability they give you is pretty much imperative to your survival, assuming you're following this build.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
"
Ether1an wrote:
i'm not willing to waste currency into get a 5l or 6l volls to include multistrike, and if i finally get one i would probably put multi on cyclone

Theoretically cyclone+multistrike is a very powerfull combo - multistrike's more attack speed bonus synergises well with cyclone attack speed.. But there is some issues:
1)imho currently cyclone+multistrike is unplayable due to desync.
2)5-linked cyclone cost A LOT of mana... I can't even use lvl 16 5-linked cyclone with 60%+40% auras.. And most of the time I use 60%+60%..
3)Don't know how exactly cyclone calculates crit chance, but i believe that it rolls once for each weapon.. Either all hits from weapon crits or all don't. That's why you need two good weapons with high base crit chance, while using double strike you need only one and use prismatic eclipse in offhand, although I personaly not big fan of it and prefer another dagger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info