Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

Well I managed to kill Cole merciless without dying :) (Decoy totems help here)

In a grotto map I killed the boss in seconds only downside is my defenses are really weak and I have to keep moving around usually.

Gear update at lvl69
Spoiler

Running purity of lightning to help with reflect. Haven't died to reflect since I started using it.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 23, 2014, 6:54:32 AM
So... I'll ask again: Why do many of these Discharge builds have >95% critical strike chance? I thought 95% Critical Strike Chance is the maximum cap? What's the point of adding more?

Thanks.
"
Buenomars wrote:
So... I'll ask again: Why do many of these Discharge builds have >95% critical strike chance? I thought 95% Critical Strike Chance is the maximum cap? What's the point of adding more?

Thanks.

It is adding to the base crit chance of the weapon or skill.

For example my dagger has a 10% crit chance. Adding +100% crit chance is making it 20% base crit chance.

The max base crit chance is 95%.
"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
My gear is probably worth about 6 exalts.

I used to run the same build in domination up to lvl 81. It really couldn't do bosses in some maps as I had trouble with single target DPS. Also reflect was an issue. I doubt you could do really high level maps though as you are rather squishy.

I'm currently testing out a new Shadow version I made and the damage does appear higher. I have also taken Vaal Pact in order to do reflect. I actually 1 shotted myself today on about 15 mobs even with 75% lightning resist. I am now running purity of lightning to see if that helps.

And it is a lot of fun. :)

Clear speed is about the same as flicker strike.

I overheard someone in school talking about a similar build, and asked him about it. He said pretty much the same things as you, so that's two people who say it's fast, fun, and not stupidly expensive. I'm starting this build, thanks for your insight.
Hi Guys,

I am doing the build and I can't get to link enduring cry and cast when damage taken... any one knows what's going on? This is weird since those two gems supposed to work together.

Thanks!
"
Overrwatcher wrote:
"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
My gear is probably worth about 6 exalts.

I used to run the same build in domination up to lvl 81. It really couldn't do bosses in some maps as I had trouble with single target DPS. Also reflect was an issue. I doubt you could do really high level maps though as you are rather squishy.

I'm currently testing out a new Shadow version I made and the damage does appear higher. I have also taken Vaal Pact in order to do reflect. I actually 1 shotted myself today on about 15 mobs even with 75% lightning resist. I am now running purity of lightning to see if that helps.

And it is a lot of fun. :)

Clear speed is about the same as flicker strike.

I overheard someone in school talking about a similar build, and asked him about it. He said pretty much the same things as you, so that's two people who say it's fast, fun, and not stupidly expensive. I'm starting this build, thanks for your insight.

I have actually made another ST Discharger but without using Voll's and utilising VP, EB, MoM and 55%+ block. It is much tankier as I can run arctic armour (only level 11 atm) and I have almost 1200 mana for Mind over matter.

I can do reflect maps as well as I am running purity of lightning so 77% lightning res atm.

You could get away with using a decent es 5L but a 6L would be better as I use romira's banquet and linking spells like firestorm to CoC gives you a lot of power charges.

I'll probably start a new build thread soon with video's but I'm still on mobile internet so no vids yet.
"
josemontero wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am doing the build and I can't get to link enduring cry and cast when damage taken... any one knows what's going on? This is weird since those two gems supposed to work together.

Thanks!

Post the piece of gear with the gems.

Make sure the level of enduring cry is low enough for the CWDT to proc.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 28, 2014, 8:48:41 PM
Hi,

I have a question about this build

why do i need discipline? i get it the discipline gives me more energy shield and i convert energy shield to mana,
but this gem reserves a lot of mana too, i don't have much mana left after cast discipline, how can i benefit from it in this build??

Thanks
"
Qetsiyah wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about this build

why do i need discipline? i get it the discipline gives me more energy shield and i convert energy shield to mana,
but this gem reserves a lot of mana too, i don't have much mana left after cast discipline, how can i benefit from it in this build??

Thanks

When the gem level of discipline and reduced mana are high enough, discipline actually gives you more mana free but not before I think around lvl 18.
Question time...
given my current set up what is best?
or

for reference this is the gear im currently using..
Spoiler

also whats a normal hp to have at around lvl 60? im finding my hp to be a real low side, despite having all the hp nodes available in the tree =/
with this gear im sitting on a miserable 1551hp and only 367 mana =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info