Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

"
urgatorbait wrote:
Also, I saw it asked earlier in this thread but did not see an answer. On the 4-link red setup with CWDT, Immortal Call and Molten Shell, does the Increased Duration support gem need to stay under the level requirement dictated by the CWDT gem or can it be at max level? Thanks for the clarification.

Inc Duration can be whatever.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Awesome! Thanks for your reply. Any idea how much a Voll's Devotion adds to this build? I'm thinking it is a big difference but not sure how it plays out. Would like to have some understanding before I make the investment in one. I've seen them going for 19-30 EX. Not sure if that's the usual going rate on Standard or not.
"
urgatorbait wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for your reply. Any idea how much a Voll's Devotion adds to this build? I'm thinking it is a big difference but not sure how it plays out. Would like to have some understanding before I make the investment in one. I've seen them going for 19-30 EX. Not sure if that's the usual going rate on Standard or not.

Voll's devotion would almost double your damage.
Thanks! I will definitely be looking to buy one then. It's scary to think about how fast things blow up currently without one - I shudder at the thought of having a Voll's Devotion but I think I'll get over it ;)
Currently starting out with my variation of this build in the one month league since it's quite cheap to gear and loads of fun xD. Can probably get away with just a 4l at the start.
Been having a lot of fun on this build so far (started this character yesterday and I'm only level 52). Got lucky with my voll's
and the rest is history
"
Oroboro wrote:

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExKt5VKQx4

This build is an life based Scion that uses Spectral Throw as a conduit to activate a chain of fully linked Discharges for free with the new Cast on Critical Strike gem.
You can watch my livestream at: http://www.twitch.tv/brandon505
Please note that this build is pretty vulnerable to reflect so I wouldn't recommend it on Hardcore at all. You can still dodge reflect by using EK if you play carefully.

PASSIVE TREE *UPDATED FOR 1.0.3*

I picked the Scion because she is by far the most cost efficient class for this build. You don't need any mana or mana regen at all because your discharges are free with the Cast on Crit gem. I grab EB and use Clarity to have enough mana to spam Spectral Throw. You use Spectral Throw just to crit to get the discharges out.

LEVELING PASSIVES

GEAR
Spoiler

The most important piece of gear is Voll's Protector. You will have to get 3 green sockets and a minimum of a 4L( although 5L is highly recommended to get the colors easier) so it's going to cost A LOT of chromatics regardless. You need it so that when you crit you can gain more than one power charge per spectral throw(compared to Power Charge on Crit gem). The ideal dagger has high base crit % and spell damage. I use Lioneye's Remorse for the armor that I lack from using Voll's and Maligaro's.

GEMS
Spoiler
6L: Spectral Throw(level one) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Discharge - Life Leech - Increased Area of Effect
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Critical Weakness(lvl 5) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Decoy Totem(lvl 8)
4L: Cast on Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Immortal Call(lvl 3) - Increased Duration - Molten Shell(lvl 7)
4L: Spectral Throw(lvl 1) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Cast on Crit - Etheral Knives
3L: Whirling Blades(lvl 1) - Faster Attacks - Portal
3L: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Discipline

Your Voll's will have a fully linked discharge that goes off constantly when you crit with spectral throw. To deal with ele reflect packs I use another Spectral Throw with the Cast on Crit gem linked with Etheral Knives because it is a physical spell.
Spectral Throw is your way to activate the discharges. Because it hits several times per throw, it can crit several times per throw. This makes it the perfect way to spam activate the Cast on Critical Strike gem with high critical strike chance and Greater Multiple Projectiles. You keep Spectral Throw at level one because we aren't using it for the damage and leveling it increases the mana cost by a small amount.
You want the Cast on Damage Taken gems to be level one so they activate every time you get hit. When you take damage, you will automatically use Critical Weakness, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, Decoy Totem and Immortal Call.
You use whirling blades linked with faster attacks to get out of packs if you are surrounded or for a movement speed boost.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak - +40 base Life
Cruel - Help Kraityn - +8% Attack Speed
Merciless - Help Alira - +1 Max Power Charge

IMAGES

The Boom

Average Damage Per Full Charge Discharge

MY OTHER BUILDS

Righteous Fire Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122

GAMEPLAY

You literally walk to a group of mobs, throw a couple of spectral throws, discharge like crazy, and everything will be dead(including yourself if you don't look out for reflect). GG

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
So I'm level 71 now and I'm wondering how far into end game this build goes. I feel like I'm lacking in durability on certain maps (50% regen maps ugh)... even with 75 all res and lioneye's remorse for armor. And for boss encounters the single target crit chance can seem pretty bad.
Could you update your build for the new patch ?
I sure hope we're getting an update for the new patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info