Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

this build is really not working for me.
im level 35 and i cannot use the discharge yet. in every single other aspect of the gameplay this build sucks. i cannot even clean up regular mob as my spectral throw has less then 100 dps ....
dont think this build is viable anymore or is only good when fully geared and if someone helps u reach the level where u can start to discharge
and by that point the dps of many other classes exceeds 20,000

its squishy, non viable, not even fun because its not playable without the gear or level.
wasted over 10 hours of my time.
@RomoKing if you build this properly, its easy getting avg dps exceeding 30-40k.
This build was the highest I've ever leveled a build. Usually I get bored of builds after level 60s to 70s. I want to try turn this into a Vaal Pact and Ballistic Mastery build but trying to keep the same AOE. It seems impossible without sacrificing survivability unless you go CI but then you would most likely have mana issues...

Maybe use Karui Ward instead of Ballistic Mastery? Might be worth a shot...
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 18, 2014, 5:51:01 AM
Ok so I'll be cutting out some life nodes to get Vaal Pact through the melee node and resists and I'll be using the Karui Ward.
Scrap that

I've come up with a Shadow version that does probably 300%+ more damage (because of 100%+ more lightning and spell damage and 95% crit multiplier and global crit chance is +100%) and includes ballistic mastery with Vaal Pact just sacrificing a little bit of life and aoe (but still plenty imo with q20 discharge)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0OSA_EEZYTnha_F9gZihzcHpQkPCaVJ6ko-ioLKjgtHy2DMZ41kjZ7OuE7fDyOPV9Bh0ZxSTtJUUyzTeNQMFJTUzVTuFVLVupXyVptXfJe-mHiYqxjQ2o_bRltbG17cFJwVnDVfjN_xoIegseDCYVVh9uIQojxidOMC4w2j6aP-pAbkyeXBpeVl_SaE5u1naOdqqKjpJGmV6dcqW6sP7QMtDi0o7VItfK3PrjKuXzAUcHzxKLQOdVP1p3bC9vU3Ffed-OE5Rnp_uq67LDyHfJF8-r56Pv1_Kv-Cv6P

I did use 2 more points for the end game build though.

I'd probably level it towards life at the start then head to vaal pact.

Probably going to try it out soon.

I think I'm almost happy with it, might tweak it a bit more :).

Might need to use dual ungil's for block and Lazhar for spell block considering I have no extra armour and a 6l Voll's with increased aoe.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 19, 2014, 10:01:24 PM
The build is actually very good and fun if you have decent gear. For me I dualwield Divinarius (High spell dmg and AOE too) with a good KRIS (dagger that have 80% implicit crit). With 7 powercharge up all the time, I am able to hit crit cap (95%) with spectral throw. My voll has the setup like the guide but I charged concentrated effect to Ice spear because Icespear has very high base crit chance, and it crit 600% more and 2nd form, which guarantee it will crit 100% to mob at distance> Icespear will get back the charges you lost from discharge, making your skill have overall dmg more stable and you crit more (because of more powercharge up), plus it freezes enemy too so you are safe from ranged mob while melee mob are being blasted by your discharge. I think if I have the opportunity I will use 'Doryani belt with lightning style' too, it helps a bit of resists and dmg, but u will have less hp because you could have used leather belt. Maligaro can totally give way to atziri glove, because if we got the glove we can go for both regen while have very big leech from the glove. HAHA! IF we can have regen we can run blood rage and increase our dps by blasting frenzy charges too. But for now, it is impossible, because the gaulet itself costs more than 2 shavronne warpping
"
RomoKing wrote:
this build is really not working for me.
im level 35 and i cannot use the discharge yet. in every single other aspect of the gameplay this build sucks. i cannot even clean up regular mob as my spectral throw has less then 100 dps ....
dont think this build is viable anymore or is only good when fully geared and if someone helps u reach the level where u can start to discharge
and by that point the dps of many other classes exceeds 20,000

its squishy, non viable, not even fun because its not playable without the gear or level.
wasted over 10 hours of my time.

I followed the guide as stated. I have a 4 link Voll's and I am owning. Sure single target leech/life regen suck, but I just move on. I have joined groups and people have been amazed wit the clear speed.

There is nothing wrong with the guide, its hella fun.
With my Shadow version single target DPS is considerably higher as in a 6 man party they do not take forever to take down and I can do reflect because I took Vaal Pact early :).

Gear

Spoiler

Tree at level 58

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlhOeFr8X2BzcJDwmlSepKPoqOC0fNZI8jj1fQYdJUVJTVUtXyVptXfJe-mHiY0NtGW17cFJw1X4zf8aCHoLHh9uI8Yw2j6aTJ5eVl_Sdo52qoqOkkadcqW60DLQ4tUi18rc-wFHB89A51U_bC95344TlGeq68-r56Pv1_Kv-Cg=
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 21, 2014, 12:06:22 AM
I have a few questions before I start this build:

1. How cheap is it? I don't want to run into the same issue as my main (flicker strike duelist), where I need 10+ exalts just to get past Act 3 Merciless.

2. How fast does it clear? Not asking about mapping with hundreds of exalts worth of gear, I'm talking about progressing through the acts. I gave up on my summoner because what takes two minutes on my flicker strike took at least 10 minutes on my summoner.

3. How fun is it? The video looks really fun, but for I know it could be much less interesting than it seems.
Last edited by Overrwatcher on Apr 21, 2014, 2:04:57 AM
"
Overrwatcher wrote:
I have a few questions before I start this build:

1. How cheap is it? I don't want to run into the same issue as my main (flicker strike duelist), where I need 10+ exalts just to get past Act 3 Merciless.

2. How fast does it clear? Not asking about mapping with hundreds of exalts worth of gear, I'm talking about progressing through the acts. I gave up on my summoner because what takes two minutes on my flicker strike took at least 10 minutes on my summoner.

3. How fun is it? The video looks really fun, but for I know it could be much less interesting than it seems.

My gear is probably worth about 6 exalts.

I used to run the same build in domination up to lvl 81. It really couldn't do bosses in some maps as I had trouble with single target DPS. Also reflect was an issue. I doubt you could do really high level maps though as you are rather squishy.

I'm currently testing out a new Shadow version I made and the damage does appear higher. I have also taken Vaal Pact in order to do reflect. I actually 1 shotted myself today on about 15 mobs even with 75% lightning resist. I am now running purity of lightning to see if that helps.

And it is a lot of fun. :)

Clear speed is about the same as flicker strike.
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Apr 21, 2014, 6:23:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info