Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

1. Is this build still viable after the cooldown nerf from 1.0.5?

2. How many exalts should I calculate for the equip? I'm guessing around 60?
IGN: Haeresie
Thanks for the build... leveled up to 79 so far. Single target DPS is lacking a bit but I guess I need more % increased spell damage. Also I've only got abut 2800HP which is no where near enough imo. I could get a lot more from gear.

Anyway here is my gear

Spoiler
I did this build until lvl82 and it was really fun. Only problem i had was ele reflect mobs.
Is this build still viable? at 1.0.6?
Yes and it freaking rocks.

I am at level 50 now and blowing stuff up like mad.
Do you think CoC Discharge or Manual Cast Crit (power charge) Discharge is better and why?
Personally I find Manual Better Cause of the three extra support gems you can have. Seen some people doing 100k average damage with manual cast discharge. And this build wastes/spends alot of points on dagger crit which does nothing for discharge. Dont get me wrong this build is super fun, but is it better than manual cast?
Last edited by DrRagemoose on Feb 19, 2014, 9:40:51 AM
"
DrRagemoose wrote:
Do you think CoC Discharge or Manual Cast Crit (power charge) Discharge is better and why?
Personally I find Manual Better Cause of the three extra support gems you can have. Seen some people doing 100k average damage with manual cast discharge. And this build wastes/spends alot of points on dagger crit which does nothing for discharge. Dont get me wrong this build is super fun, but is it better than manual cast?

As it is with everything in Path of Exile, it's a matter of preference. This build is intended to be somewhat automatic, using the CoC mechanism to avoid having to spend mana and providing you with a means of releasing lots of discharges in a short period using only a bare minimum amount of power charges, instead of manually throwing 1 big bomb with the max number of power/endurance/frenzy charges, destroying everything near you.

I can imagine discharging manually would give you a lot of extra labor. After all, you will first have to activate the necesarry charges, then you'd have to gather the mobs around you before discharging, continuously checking the countdown timer on your activated charges. Seems like a lot of micromanagement to me. You'd be able to avoid picking all the crit passives and focus on increasing spell damage, take more survivability passives or take some aura buffing passives. You'd also be able to use more support gems on your discharge, as you've stated. It could be fun and it sure will be a lot more challenging, but ultimately this build is not intented for that.
Awesome build, having heaps of fun playing this.

Few tips I have for leveling;

- Keep clarity at a low level to start with, you don't want to reserve so much mana that you have nothing left to cast with. Mine was level 2 for a long time.

- Surgeons Flasks are amazing with this build.

- Diamond Flask cant roll Surgeons mod, go for Perpetual which is increased charge recovery.

- Voll's Devotion is incredible, effectively doubles your damage, more damage means more life leach. Best of all it gives you a second element to help combat Lightning Resist mods.

- Learn what Elemental Reflect Aura looks like. You will die.

Question;
Elemental Leach is going to be in the expansion, do you think we will be able to replace the Life Leach gem in our chest? What would you put in it's place? Will 3G2B links for a 5L be more desirable?
Some tipps against bosses? I Really have problems.
"
Awesome build, having heaps of fun playing this.

Few tips I have for leveling;

- Keep clarity at a low level to start with, you don't want to reserve so much mana that you have nothing left to cast with. Mine was level 2 for a long time.

- Surgeons Flasks are amazing with this build.

- Diamond Flask cant roll Surgeons mod, go for Perpetual which is increased charge recovery.

- Voll's Devotion is incredible, effectively doubles your damage, more damage means more life leach. Best of all it gives you a second element to help combat Lightning Resist mods.

- Learn what Elemental Reflect Aura looks like. You will die.

Question;
Elemental Leach is going to be in the expansion, do you think we will be able to replace the Life Leach gem in our chest? What would you put in it's place? Will 3G2B links for a 5L be more desirable?

Where it says elemental leach on exp, link me the threads of new infos please.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info