Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

Simply because it doesnt work. I tried st/gmp/coc/ll/discharge/discharge and it simply didnt have any impact.

st/gmp/coc/ll/discharge/freezing pulse does work wonders though. Bypasses the lightning resists, although you still have to deal with elemental resists. You get a ton more procs/mana (if using bereks grip), as well as life regen. More power charges too. It also doesn't increase ST mana cost (you know, unlike conc effect...). With this said im levelling an added frost damage gem on the side see if that can work out too.

So I finally got 85 and my 6L and got to try a number of things with this build. I must say that I tried the build as-is, liked it, but ended up moving ~15 points or so outside of armor nodes into acrobatics/acuity. Everything else is the same (although I did not take any mana regen node, because thats just how good berek's grip is, and cut all but blast radius for range talents, because elemental reflects are a real thing). I can say I feel strongly that acrobatics is much more powerful than going into armor nodes. You can avoid a lot of elemental reflect deaths.

I also noticed that it seems like spell damage is applied 1/3 for every kind of charge on discharge, which means you only get 1/3 of the spell damage if you generate mostly power charges.

I feel like the main mechanics of the build are the strongest possible for aoe. However, the more I play it, the more I feel the gems should be changed. This might sound rather radical, so hear out the argument first. The biggest struggle this build has is that life leech is, for the most part in this game, only applicable to physical damage. The only 3 exceptions are the life leech gem, life per hit effects and berek's grip. This also means that any kind of spell reflect pack cant be facetanked in the same way melee characters will just outheal physical reflects. And we can forget about vaal pact for obvious reasons. So what is the solution I came up with ? Change the proc mechanic entirely.

[double strike or dual strike] / multistrike / melee splash / [life leech or blood magic] / cast on crit / discharge

dual strike lvl20 20q - 80% increased Critical Strike Chance, 11 mana, 57% increased Physical Damage
double strike lvl20 20q - 10% increased Attack Speed, 11 mana, 76% increased Physical Damage
multistrike lvl20 20q - 10% increased Melee Physical Damage, 180% mana cost, 57% increased Melee Damage, 107% increased Attack Speed, Supported Melee Attacks repeats 2 additional times, 36% less Damage
melee splash lvl20 20q - 20% increased Area of Effect radius, 16% less Damage to main target, 31% Less Damage to Other Targets, 57% increased Melee Physical Damage, 160% mana cost

Dual strike would yield a lot of crit with 2x platinum kris (both 80% increased global crit chance). It would give far above the crit cap with 7 power charges. So why all of this change? Well simply because with this you can run Blood Rage, enjoy a free hp regen from that spell (fits well instead of that portal gem...) on top of more attack speed. Oh, and that gives some frenzy charges too. Most important of all though, we would deal physical damage, do better single target dps. Physical damage means we can put gear like amulets with life leech and drop life leech gem. It also means that by doing so, you cna run blood magic gem, which, in turn, makes all your mana 'free' for you to run as many auras as you want. This should be fairly significant in itself. grace/purity of lightning/haste? tempest shield? (with spell block gear). Anyway, lots of options. I still feel that acrobatics is a better fork than going armor.
LVL 8 master service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1047720
Last edited by manly_ on Jan 6, 2014, 12:30:15 PM
I just wanted to post my fortune! 25 chromatics in and here it is!

Good luck to you all!
"
manly_ wrote:
Simply because it doesnt work. I tried st/gmp/coc/ll/discharge/discharge and it simply didnt have any impact.

st/gmp/coc/ll/discharge/freezing pulse does work wonders though. Bypasses the lightning resists, although you still have to deal with elemental resists. You get a ton more procs/mana (if using bereks grip), as well as life regen. More power charges too. It also doesn't increase ST mana cost (you know, unlike conc effect...). With this said im levelling an added frost damage gem on the side see if that can work out too.

So I finally got 85 and my 6L and got to try a number of things with this build. I must say that I tried the build as-is, liked it, but ended up moving ~15 points or so outside of armor nodes into acrobatics/acuity. Everything else is the same (although I did not take any mana regen node, because thats just how good berek's grip is, and cut all but blast radius for range talents, because elemental reflects are a real thing). I can say I feel strongly that acrobatics is much more powerful than going into armor nodes. You can avoid a lot of elemental reflect deaths.

I also noticed that it seems like spell damage is applied 1/3 for every kind of charge on discharge, which means you only get 1/3 of the spell damage if you generate mostly power charges.

I feel like the main mechanics of the build are the strongest possible for aoe. However, the more I play it, the more I feel the gems should be changed. This might sound rather radical, so hear out the argument first. The biggest struggle this build has is that life leech is, for the most part in this game, only applicable to physical damage. The only 3 exceptions are the life leech gem, life per hit effects and berek's grip. This also means that any kind of spell reflect pack cant be facetanked in the same way melee characters will just outheal physical reflects. And we can forget about vaal pact for obvious reasons. So what is the solution I came up with ? Change the proc mechanic entirely.

[double strike or dual strike] / multistrike / melee splash / [life leech or blood magic] / cast on crit / discharge

dual strike lvl20 20q - 80% increased Critical Strike Chance, 11 mana, 57% increased Physical Damage
double strike lvl20 20q - 10% increased Attack Speed, 11 mana, 76% increased Physical Damage
multistrike lvl20 20q - 10% increased Melee Physical Damage, 180% mana cost, 57% increased Melee Damage, 107% increased Attack Speed, Supported Melee Attacks repeats 2 additional times, 36% less Damage
melee splash lvl20 20q - 20% increased Area of Effect radius, 16% less Damage to main target, 31% Less Damage to Other Targets, 57% increased Melee Physical Damage, 160% mana cost

Dual strike would yield a lot of crit with 2x platinum kris (both 80% increased global crit chance). It would give far above the crit cap with 7 power charges. So why all of this change? Well simply because with this you can run Blood Rage, enjoy a free hp regen from that spell (fits well instead of that portal gem...) on top of more attack speed. Oh, and that gives some frenzy charges too. Most important of all though, we would deal physical damage, do better single target dps. Physical damage means we can put gear like amulets with life leech and drop life leech gem. It also means that by doing so, you cna run blood magic gem, which, in turn, makes all your mana 'free' for you to run as many auras as you want. This should be fairly significant in itself. grace/purity of lightning/haste? tempest shield? (with spell block gear). Anyway, lots of options. I still feel that acrobatics is a better fork than going armor.

I read this post more than 1 time and I like the idea to use Dual Strike or Double Strike with this build.

But, I would like to see what points you removed to get Acrobatics and Acuity. Could you post your build so I can figure it out?

For bloodrage, would you make a CI build with bloodrage or use it with a life base build? Having a way to get frenzy charge could be really interesting with discharge + each frenzy charge would give attack speed, so more attack = more crit = more proc of discharge.

Would like to have your thought about this.

btw, nice post and interesting idea.
Last edited by Lazrick on Jan 7, 2014, 4:01:24 PM
I'm trying to build a Scion using your build.

Right now my chest is 5 linked, I have 3 green and 2 blue sockets in the link. I've spent about 400 chromatics and still have not got 3 green 1 red and 1 blue in the link.

Is there any other way to get my discharge to do a reasonable amount of leech without using the life leech gem?

At this rate i'll be farming chromatics until the new challenge league comes out.

I'm just wondering if it would be viable to have say 6 or 8% physical leech from gear and passives and run my secondary spectral with life leech in 3g 1r boots, gloves or helm. Would that throw and knives alone keep me alive? Or do I need leech on the boom to survive maps?
Last edited by husk_OptimusPrime on Jan 8, 2014, 5:03:31 AM
"
Lazrick wrote:

But, I would like to see what points you removed to get Acrobatics and Acuity. Could you post your build so I can figure it out?

As I said, you just cut the armor nodes and go acrobatics. This isn't a surreal change or anything. Berek's Grip is ridiculously awesome at mana regen and more people should use it. And spell power on dagger? don't bother unless you have 6L and run 2 spells with coc.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEBwXTDkgRlhZAFm8WvxmFGaIaOBzcHRQfAiQ8JKonqS0fNsU26TsoPV9GcUlRTLNQMFJTVcZZ81ptYENirGNDZk9mnm0Zbj1wUnBWfll_xoFJgh6DCYV9iEKPRpAbkFWSfZMnl5WYb5oTnaOdqqKjpwinXKeEsji0DMAawFHB889l0NDWndgk2wvb1ONq44TkCOXP8XbyHfPq-tL8q0w1KMXzvlv03FcelKw_h9th4ud0Nj2lywzyBbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkKNv974pHjB1Q==

You could also cut the shield block nodes and go for 3 more life nodes. Theres some under acuity giving 8/8/12% life. Also the ones past bloodthirst, although I would not recommend. I don't know why the original build didn't take life and mana nodes on the way, but theyre awesome. You could also skip the frenzy charge nodes and go towards 10 dex/10 dex/30 str and connect to the same nodes. It's the same end result though. Rather than go life nodes I though going more spell block so hence why the block nodes. theres 2 clusters top left corner. There's also elusiveness for 40% evasion.

"
Is there any other way to get my discharge to do a reasonable amount of leech without using the life leech gem?

You're looking at it the wrong way. I talk about this in the post just above yours. Theres only 3 non-physical life leech options in the game: life leech gem, lgoh and berek's grip. Or you go full melee damage. Both options I've talked about. This is why I'm currently using st/gmp/coc/ll/discharge/freezing pulse because, surprise, freezing pulse gives even more berek's grip life leech. And I'll try [life leech] replacement by [added cold damage] gem once its lvl 19. I would test earlier but we're talking 4 green sockets so i'm waiting before giving this a try. There's also cold snap that is really nice (freeze everything!), but it saps the efficiency of discharge by eating its charges. Still awesome for tough content where you want everything perma frozen. Much better than frost wall anyway that's just pushing back enemies outside the discharge range.
quick question: it's better +6% Spell Damage than +5% Elemental damage?

not sure if this have been discussed, but I dont know if Elemental Damage stacks for every kind of charge. If it's that way 5% can be 15% potentially.

ara va de bo, que de bo va!
where did that "298-5711 lightning damage to each target" came from?
nevermind
Last edited by Martok88 on Jan 11, 2014, 7:25:58 PM
Hi i'm a long time came back player, and i'm pretty hooked to this kind of build with cast on crit gem.

So here's 1 question: Spectral throw is good to proc cast on crit since it hit more than once on the travel way, but since i like the skill Spectral Throw a lot, i'm wondering if i can link (for example i have a tabula rasa to use) Spectral throw + cast on crit + spectral throw + spectral throw + gmp + power charge on crit. So when i crit once with spectral throw does it automatically throw 2 more waves of spectral?
Need a purpose in life...
"
Hi i'm a long time came back player, and i'm pretty hooked to this kind of build with cast on crit gem.

So here's 1 question: Spectral throw is good to proc cast on crit since it hit more than once on the travel way, but since i like the skill Spectral Throw a lot, i'm wondering if i can link (for example i have a tabula rasa to use) Spectral throw + cast on crit + spectral throw + spectral throw + gmp + power charge on crit. So when i crit once with spectral throw does it automatically throw 2 more waves of spectral?

1- read the gem cast on crit. it triggers on an ATTACK to cast linked SPELLS.
2- power charge on crit gives one charge per CAST. Not per crit. You absolutely need Volls protector. Besides this is a coc discharge build so really youre asking the wrong place

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info