[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

No offense but did you even look at the gems, but if you looked at the gems there's a lighting trap in there, i dont need shock nodes when im getting crit nodes and added light goes well w/ light trap mate, i wouldn't make sense if i didnt. Secondly this still dosen't answer any of my real questions that I asked.
Sounds sweet, You didn't mention Spell damage on the weapon affixes is that just not worth it in your opinion when looking for optimal stats just because spell damage doesn't scale that well with the traps?, atleast not as far as my paper dps have told me when swapping weapons, or like you said you have to prio mana regen so you can sustain your artic armor, but as fas as weapons goes they can roll pretty high spell damage, better to look for maxxed out crit rolls?

Kind regards
pjey
"
Onething wrote:
Don't know if this question was already asked/answered, but why do you pick up % increase lightning dmg and shock chance nodes? None of your skills are based off of lightning damage. Are you using lightning trap?

The ending of the tree is entirely based on how you want to build it, either you're going to shock stack for your group as a support trapper, stack hp to become a tanky front line, or transition to a hybrid crit/dual curse trapper

The tree doesn't need to be changed since players need to understand that guides are templates, I can't control your gear or your party
"
Pjey wrote:
Sounds sweet, You didn't mention Spell damage on the weapon affixes is that just not worth it in your opinion when looking for optimal stats just because spell damage doesn't scale that well with the traps?, atleast not as far as my paper dps have told me when swapping weapons, or like you said you have to prio mana regen so you can sustain your artic armor, but as fas as weapons goes they can roll pretty high spell damage, better to look for maxxed out crit rolls?

Kind regards
pjey

My bad, add like 60%+ spell damage there for an ideal weapon
"
Provisions wrote:

Hey first question is that were should i keep the fire trap in the chest or the dagger. Also is there anything that i can change or add/buy that can help benefit me. I was thinking about getting a Rathpith sheild to increase damage a bit and getting spell block since i have none, plus I've started mapping im currently level 76.Also I see that you dont use multitrap w/ fire trap? the radius/ area is less now but the dmg is high, is worth it?

Thanks For taking your time to read this post mate

For a 5L, fire trap goes into your chest

As for the fire trap/multi trap i'm using a crit variation of my build, which is why i'm not using multi trap anymore.

Only thing I would recommend you change is drop sunblast for a rathpith, then get a belt to buffer your hp pool / chaos + ele resists

OneThing Was referring to my skill tree, not your gear xD
Hey pohx, I'm running the non-crit trapper build. I'm level 80 in nemesis now, been doing some maps both solo and with some friends. In groups, does the trapper take on more of a support/cc role? I feel kinda weak other than the aoe cc I bring. Is that just because of the way health scaling works/having a limited amount of traps or is it my gear? I'm having trouble figuring out what to upgrade next. What would you suggest to upgrade next?

Also, thanks for constantly updating your guide. It's really cool to see how the build is evolving and improving as time goes on.

Current Gear:
Spoiler
"
iceteadrank wrote:
Hey pohx, I'm running the non-crit trapper build. I'm level 80 in nemesis now, been doing some maps both solo and with some friends. In groups, does the trapper take on more of a support/cc role? I feel kinda weak other than the aoe cc I bring. Is that just because of the way health scaling works/having a limited amount of traps or is it my gear? I'm having trouble figuring out what to upgrade next. What would you suggest to upgrade next?

Also, thanks for constantly updating your guide. It's really cool to see how the build is evolving and improving as time goes on.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Yeah, your main job is CC. However, your damage shouldn't be that bad. If you wanted my opinion, aim for a carcass jacket, the +20% AoE + 40% AoE ( Support Gem ) 5 Link will give you roughly a 60% AoE increase AoE radius which will allow your fire trap explosions to overlap and do pretty nice burst damage,

And when you get the currency you're free to swap over to the crit build which brings much more overall damage for your party, along with shock stacking, however it's a bit more rough to solo with since you rely on critting
^
Hey pohx. you say to go for global crit on the dagger well wouldnt a high crit multiplier be important/better too? you know..cuz its a multiplier and not additive?
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Pjey wrote:

Kind regards
pjey

My bad, add like 60%+ spell damage there for an ideal weapon

Just what I thought, Thanks for the great response ill let you guys know how my crit trapper turns out when its finished respeccing into it and gearing it up :]]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info