[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
iceteadrank wrote:
Hey pohx, I'm running the non-crit trapper build. I'm level 80 in nemesis now, been doing some maps both solo and with some friends. In groups, does the trapper take on more of a support/cc role? I feel kinda weak other than the aoe cc I bring. Is that just because of the way health scaling works/having a limited amount of traps or is it my gear? I'm having trouble figuring out what to upgrade next. What would you suggest to upgrade next?

Also, thanks for constantly updating your guide. It's really cool to see how the build is evolving and improving as time goes on.

Pohx, love your guide, watched most of your youtube videos.

I've read every page of this thread, and my primary concern is still end-game dps and clear speed. I'm nearing lvl 60 and mobs die extremely quickly still, but this recent quote from above has me concerned about DPS using the non-crit version of the build.

1. From your experience, have you found your DPS lacking (like iceteadrank) in group settings?

2. Would you suggest keeping ethereal knives off trap for more sustained dps rather than burst?

Thanks in advance!
Just passed in to thanks Pohx for the great guide. I was having lot of fun with this build till i've died in nemesis when farming lunaris. I feeled too much over-confident and died to vulnerability+tentacle&whipping miscreation combo.

I managed to get to maps for the first time in hc, with selfound gear & only 4link items. With traps you can deal great damage while crowd control all the screen with cold snap traps.

Played for the most in solo, i've to admit that my role in group was really marginal (dps side). Though the ability of freeze the screen (cold snap.multipletrap.increased duration.eleproliferation in deerskin boots) was much appreciated by the group in my rare party-play.
z
Now i will continue on standard and try to go to the crit route... maybe some days i will restart nemesis (cant afford to gear up again my char)

Cheers from italy & sorry for my bad english!
"
protonova2 wrote:
"
iceteadrank wrote:
Hey pohx, I'm running the non-crit trapper build. I'm level 80 in nemesis now, been doing some maps both solo and with some friends. In groups, does the trapper take on more of a support/cc role? I feel kinda weak other than the aoe cc I bring. Is that just because of the way health scaling works/having a limited amount of traps or is it my gear? I'm having trouble figuring out what to upgrade next. What would you suggest to upgrade next?

Also, thanks for constantly updating your guide. It's really cool to see how the build is evolving and improving as time goes on.

Pohx, love your guide, watched most of your youtube videos.

I've read every page of this thread, and my primary concern is still end-game dps and clear speed. I'm nearing lvl 60 and mobs die extremely quickly still, but this recent quote from above has me concerned about DPS using the non-crit version of the build.

1. From your experience, have you found your DPS lacking (like iceteadrank) in group settings?

2. Would you suggest keeping ethereal knives off trap for more sustained dps rather than burst?

Thanks in advance!

For the non crit trapper i'm going to release a new hybrid crit trapper which will allow you to maintain dps + solo ability without changing much, and as for the Non crit trapper, your dps will still be fine in group play, No you won't be doing top. However, you'll contribute a fair amount of damage while being able to CC

Crit trapper on the other hand will bring a retarded amount of damage to the group when you gain the funds to swap over

EK Can still be replaced with lightning trap if you pickup shock nodes for your group
Last edited by Pohx on Dec 10, 2013, 1:47:39 PM
appreciate the quick response, looking forward to that hybrid crit trapper.
Not too sure when the guide will be up, having extreme comcast issues at the moment while trying to live stream so almost all my time is being directed towards getting this fixed.
Will upload TollTip damage & Defensive Tab later tomorrow
Uploading a Video of the up-coming changes to the build so everyone understands the reasoning's behind them, video will be posted at the top of the guide.
New Trapper Video Regarding 1.0.3 Patch Will Be Released In Roughly 20 Minutes
New Video Section & New Video Are Both Up Regarding 1.0.3 Patch Notes
Guide format has been updated a bit, will be working on it more today after finals

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info