[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

I'm currently exping a marauder for this build, but it's still 18 so I have the time to wait for Xantaria to do some more tests. I hope the build won't die because it looked really interesting. It would be a shame to have to change course. Let's wait for some more news and testing and hope for good results.
"
Passionlz wrote:

BTW, i just allocated the duelist 8% projectile node(just one 8%) above acceleration and my ignite damage went up exponentially it's really insane but also scary because reflect is also exponentially more noticeable. I'll mess around with it a bit more and report back.

EDIT: i believe what's happening is the projectile damage is increasing both the initial explosion and the ignite damage, which is taken from the explosion so it double dips. If this is true then i wonder if the burning damage from the templar passive area is still worth it. Since you're more vulnerable to reflect, i think there's a happy medium of both projectile damage and burning damage.

yes, this is what i'm wondering about. Cos from the patch notes it was clear to me that increased fire dmg now double dips, but I was wondering if projectile now also double dips

But its quite annoying that GGG nerfed ignite but then claim that this can be compensated for because now other dmg types can increase ignite, but it isnt as simple as that because all those other dmg types also boost the initial explosion
Last edited by Stoere_Boy on Nov 30, 2013, 4:38:23 AM
Spoiler

Try something like this, and also run Purity of Fire for the +Max fire res, to help stop the reflect dmg
"I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us.
They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last.
Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed and will never be here again."
--Achilles
Last edited by MinMorts on Nov 30, 2013, 9:01:23 AM
@Xantaria

Did you considered add few % fire dmg nodes near BM or add 2-3 %increase projectiles dmg? I know that in this case we have to be very careful but it should boost dmg greatly in my opinion. We can always use range attack totem and stay safe. Im not sure when reflect became a real problem.
im farming piety on merciless without any problems, doing 66-69 maps with IIQ/IIR gear with no problems whatsoever and minimal effort, all of this without using con effect, my damage nodes are minimal ( the 4 on botton left near BM) wich i'll remove once i get an 6 link, mobs melt to the sheer damage and reflect hasn't been an issue so far ( i only stack 1-2 and use a ruby flask if the pack is too large) even double reflect on map is not that big of a deal right now

im really thinking about using purity of fire later down the line if the dmg starts to get crazy but atm everything is fine
"
MinMorts wrote:
Spoiler

Try something like this, and also run Purity of Fire for the +Max fire res, to help stop the reflect dmg

Speaking for myself, I'd lose way too much armor. If i was to run purity of fire then that's another HP hit. I'm lvl 82 atm with 5.9K HP and ~6k armor and i still get hit moderately hard, i can't imagine how bad it would be without the armor and move speed buff nodes at the duelist.

I currently have the three 8% projectile damage nodes at the duelist area and the damage is really good, very close to 1.0.1 damage. I feel GGG reworked DoT skills so that they can be more powerful than 1.0.1, but at the cost of reflect. Like it or not, decent EA damage and reflect are now a bundled package. I'm going to try out the Templar elemental damage & the 2 additional 4% AoE nodes next:
Celestial Walker
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
I leveled this build as a scion and am considering trying to respec out of 4 considered weak nodes at scion start.
It's the 12life, and 3x 0,4% regen.

If i sacrifice 2 other 8% life nodes, i can go south at the start of scion and take multiple % projectile nodes and the one with 10 res and 20% eva/armour.

What do you guys think, will this hugely increase my damage? Also: as long as i dont 4stack a reflect pack i should still be fine shooting 1-3 arrows with this increase?
"
I leveled this build as a scion and am considering trying to respec out of 4 considered weak nodes at scion start.
It's the 12life, and 3x 0,4% regen.

If i sacrifice 2 other 8% life nodes, i can go south at the start of scion and take multiple % projectile nodes and the one with 10 res and 20% eva/armour.

What do you guys think, will this hugely increase my damage? Also: as long as i dont 4stack a reflect pack i should still be fine shooting 1-3 arrows with this increase?

Try it out, a small amount of projectile damage is pretty nuts for this build. Although the Scion nodes are a bit weak, I'd get the three 8% duelist ones instead... see what you like, it's all up to you.
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
Last edited by Passionlz on Nov 30, 2013, 3:00:05 PM
6l my quill rain today, conc effect doesnt seem to increase burning dmg for me atleast. I took all fire nodes close too BM, so doing fine atm. Oh and im using double curse too, so damage seems preety good. Had to start using fire flask and play even more carefully, but everything else is pretty good for me.
So,

I tested a lot and i came to the conclusion, that Concentrated Effect affects the Burning Damage. This means that we actually gained a bit of damage (barely noticable).

A big problem now is Enfeeble. Enfeeble maps reduce our Explosion damage and IN ADDITION our burning damage. That means Burning is ridiculously weak in Enfeeble maps.

I won't do any changes and wait for upcoming patches for now.

Although Projectile Damage / Fire Damage are much more effective now if you are willing to take the risk of dying to reflect. If you feel you need more damage, pick them up. Their Efficiency is CRAZY atm.
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 30, 2013, 5:40:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info