[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

"
Xantaria wrote:
So,

I tested a lot and i came to the conclusion, that Concentrated Effect affects the Burning Damage. This means that we actually gained a bit of damage (barely noticable).

A big problem now is Enfeeble. Enfeeble maps reduce our Explosion damage and IN ADDITION our burning damage. That means Burning is ridiculously weak in Enfeeble maps.

I won't do any changes and wait for upcoming patches for now.

Although Projectile Damage / Fire Damage are much more effective now if you are willing to take the risk of dying to reflect. If you feel you need more damage, pick them up. heir Efficiency is CRAZY atm.

Thats really nice to hear
Has anyone tried this with a ranged attack totem in the 6L quill rain? Not sure which gem to replace, probably concentrated effect. That way you would not have to worry about reflect at all. I guess the question is how much would that truly affect the dps output.

I have wanted to try this build and I am finally getting up to the currency to be able to try it out, but I have thought of going the ranged attack totem route since I read the initial guide.

Any thoughts?
In the OP you should also include that this is one of the best builds for killing off your friends' characters.
IGN: Swagstika, Damagement and Floating_Nipples
Alt account's IGN is Copypizza
Kappa
Rnaged Attack totem is really bad, because it doesn't stop after 5 shots (The charges never explode if you / a totem continue stacking on the monster). However you kinda have to use it on minus max + reflect and constantly replace it in a different position after 5 shots. You deal very moderate damage and imo you should replace the fire penetration / Increased Burning Damage Gem and not the Concentrated Effect when using it.
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 30, 2013, 10:18:39 PM
For those opting to take fire damage node circles, are people going for the ones off to the right of Purity of Flesh, or the ones to the right of Blood Magic? I was leaning towards the Arsonist circle by Blood Magic because of the included Ignite Duration node, not having to take two "useless" int nodes (I already have enough), and it puts you in a position to take 10 str + 12% life + 12% life, a slightly (very slight) better use of 3 points than taking 3 of the 8% around Scion later on.

Also, what are people now using in 5L setups? I am still currently using a 5L Quill on Nemesis, and was leaning towards EA + Fire Pen + Chance to Ig + Prolif + Conc Eff (replacing Inc Burning).

Thoughts?
"

Also, what are people now using in 5L setups? I am still currently using a 5L Quill on Nemesis, and was leaning towards EA + Fire Pen + Chance to Ig + Prolif + Conc Eff (replacing Inc Burning).

Thoughts?

I currently have a 5l/6s Quill Rain as well and I am using:

EA - Fire Penetration - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite - LMP

I have tried using Concentration Effect once, however, I disliked the massive area loss, and often times I have myself faced versus swarms of mobs who constantly overlaps each other so I cannot stack 5 fuses on the same target. When I switched over from Concentrated Effect to LMP, I definitely cleared about 3x faster, just going to the next pack, using my curse, shoot a few times depending on whether if they are yellows/fire resistance or just trash. Hardly ever stop walking and just moving on to the next pack.

I have a suggestion to all as well, with the recent patch of 1.0.2, fire damage, projectile damage, and a few others now scale greatly with Explosive Arrow. It would be hard to retain the old damage without being more prone to reflect, which brought something up since I was planning on buying this before I even knew of the buffs/nerfs to ignite.

For those who has enough to afford a 6l Quill Rain, I'd suggest you go for the Non-legacy Kaoms Heart instead of the 6l. Why? The fire stat used to be useless to us, however with the recent patch, since EA scales now, that stat has become a godsend along with the great boost of hp. Of course if you have enough for a Legacy Kaoms, more power to you, but I've played for about half a year and I've only made enough for a non-legacy kaoms and a few, so meh.

Besides, as a EA, you don't really need the extra slots of a chest piece anyways imho. What do you guys think?
"
Exif wrote:
In the OP you should also include that this is one of the best builds for killing off your friends' characters.

would you mind explaining why?
IS this build viable after patch or dmg is so low ? Somebody can send video or something like this?
"
Exif wrote:

would you mind explaining why?

He said that because I killed him, nvm :>

So if you would go for Fire Damage in the Tree I'd suggest the Arsonist circle ... BUT ... the Ignite Duration is completely useless and one wasted point, don't pick that one up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info