[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

I'm using Explosive Arrow + Concentrated Effect + Chance to Ignite + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration. I took Blood magic quite early ... I think alrdy on something like lvl 26 ... I lvled with a twohander ... leap slam + sweep
Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 26, 2013, 8:31:26 PM
So... I pretty much won't be really using a bow until upper 40's? Dexterity is hard to come by.
I changed to bow on lvl 68 because I had a kaom's and 6L quill rain in my stash during lvling ;) but I guess you can change mid cruel alrdy ;) I'll post some lower lvl skilltrees soon. To be honest this is an endgame build for a good geared character. Lvling with Explosive Arrow without a lot of life is dangerous because of reflect
I'm currently leveling a Mara that I plan to go EA/EE with. I've seen a few different variations of the build since the 1.0.0 update but yours is closest to my idea so far. I don't think I want to go BM though... I would like to run Grace and Purity/Determination. My build is below and I'd love some feedback on it. I'm not a fan of traveling all the way up to Thick Skin just for that 12% chaos resistance. I feel like that could easily be made up on gear and it can save A LOT of points. This is all theory, I haven't tested it. I have also considered, mana management allowing, going down and grabbing Mind Over Matter eventually. The other main drawback of my build so far is I don't get any of the 'big' dex nodes, so I'll probably move some things around to fix that.

As for your build, I'm curious why you don't grab Sentinel. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, new mini keystones, and you are only 2 points away from it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0UTRcvGS4ZhRo4G_okqiXfJ-0o-ikuKaUyCTWSNuk62DrhPC09_EGHR35KyE3YTeNOKlBQVElV1lhjWfNfP2BLYSFk52VNZp5qk2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu98uHzZgKSBb4LHgziE2YTviPGMdozPkFWYrZ48ogCkGaZXp4SpbqvFrFmsqrXytkG3Prndvoq-p8APwBrE9sauxtjSTdSP1e3i6uNq51LnY-w47w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj56PrS_gr-jw==
After reading your post again, I see that the mana cost of EA can quite get expensive, so I've made myself an alternate BM version where I can still try to run 2 auras. I get more life and pass right by Unwavering so I grab that too. It also gives me access to a 30 dex and 30 int node without going out of my way. Still concerned about hitting 151 for both, currently looks like I would need +50-60 on gear. There are some other +30 nodes available, but I'm not sure what I'm willing to give up to get them. I think I'll make that decision after I have the chance to play the build at decent level, 60+.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLRQgFE0UcRkuGjgb-iW8Jd8n7Sj6KS4ppTIJNZI26DrYOuE9_EGHQapGaUd-SshN2E3jTipQR1BQVElYY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFlTWqTbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673y4fNmBb4LHgziE2YTvhymI8Yx2jM-QVZitnjyfy6IApBmmV6cwp4SpbqvFrFmsqrXytkG3Prndvoq-p8APwBrG2NJN1I_V7d-_4urnUudj7DjvDu988B_yL_JF8932SPcy-Ov56P4K_o8=
Last edited by Jymko on Oct 28, 2013, 6:51:12 PM
The build you have there is kinda what I had earlier before the patch but you need to go a bit higher on the left side of the tree to grab the big life node and some intelligence. I don't really care about Chaos dmg as you can dodge all Chaos dmg in the game so it's more about the intelligence and life. And of course you need Elemental Equilibrium, another reason to go up there on the left. You spent less points by going through the upper way than going through the bottom left way to reach Elemental Equilibrium. There is also a 30 Dex note op there to fix your problem with dex. As soon as you get enough skillpoints you should respec the points in the bottom left and go for the upper way to the duelist in my opinion ;) ... I never pick Unwavering Stance because you can't dodge anymore if you have it making Blind (which i value VERY high) useless. Blind is extremely strong never underestimate it's power ;). I don't need Sentinel by the way because I'm overcapped on all Elemental resists even in Elemental Weakness without many resists from the tree or Purity. That's granting me a lot of Skillpoints for Life nodes. If you have problems capping your resists just pick those Diamond skins and Sentinel up.
Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 29, 2013, 8:51:06 AM
I like the build a lot, I am still deciding what to do with my marauder and always enjoyed EA but have been trying to figure out how to manage it in HC. I do have one question though, what order are you picking up the nodes? Maybe an every 20 level build would be great at displaying this.
I will be working on that this weekend, I have a lot to do this week and I need to play as much Nemesis as possible ;). So expect it like Saturday.
Last edited by Xantaria on Oct 29, 2013, 8:53:34 AM
"
I don't really care about Chaos dmg as you can dodge all Chaos dmg in the game so it's more about the intelligence and life.

I feel like with the buffs to life that these points could be better spent elsewhere if the INT isn't needed. You are much closer to other life nodes, though they may not be 18%, will cost you less total points for the same effective life.

"
And of course you need Elemental Equilibrium, another reason to go up there on the left. You spent less points by going through the upper way than going through the bottom left way to reach Elemental Equilibrium. There is also a 30 Dex note op there to fix your problem with dex. As soon as you get enough skillpoints you should respec the points in the bottom left and go for the upper way to the duelist in my opinion ;)

I've noticed there is a +20 dex on one of the Duelist nodes we both pick up (Acceleration), so I don't think dex is going to be an issue.

"
I never pick Unwavering Stance because you can't dodge anymore if you have it making Blind (which i value VERY high) useless. Blind is extremely strong never underestimate it's power ;).

I also was unaware of the mechanics between blind/US so I've removed that from my build. Thanks for the notice!

"
I don't need Sentinel by the way because I'm overcapped on all Elemental resists even in Elemental Weakness without many resists from the tree or Purity. That's granting me a lot of Skillpoints for Life nodes. If you have problems capping your resists just pick those Diamond skins and Sentinel up.

Your build is dependent on being lvl 90+ and apparently having access to insane resists gear. I'm making this build on Nemesis. I'd prefer to play for about 80 and mediocre gear. That's why I'll be picking up Sentinel for sure. If I end up with ridiculous tri-res gear, I can always drop it later, but for 2 points, 24% armor/eva and 10% resists... you can't beat it.

To each their own. Still a lot of tweaking to do to my build, but its highly dependent on accessible gear in Nemesis. And also sitting down for more than 10 minutes at work to look it over :) Thanks for the input
Why Elemental Weakness and not Flammability? With Flammability +% quality gives burning duration.
IGN: Dawn_Keebals

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info