Spectral Throw

About node of Increased physical damage (12%) and increased projectile damage (8%), which is better for ST?

I have one question about physical ST,

(1+X% increased physical damage+Y%increased projectile damage) contribute to total physical damage or
(1+X% increased physical damage) x (1+Y% increased projectile damage) contribute to total physical damage of ST?

Which one is the true mechanism?

Since if 8% increased projectile damage is most closed to characters. It seems to be most valuable for ranger.
If the true mechanism is second one, perhaps increased physical damage and increased projectile damage are picked equally is the best way to build highest dps.

THe same question as to elemental ST

(1+X% increased elemental damage + Y% increased projectile damage) or
(1+ X% increased elemental damage) x (1+Y% increased projectile damage) ?
both cases, its the first of the two. it is only separated if it was "more" based modifier.
From the SotV patchnotes [04-March-2014] :
"
SOTV wrote:
Spectral Throw: this now deals 46% of weapon damage at level 1, but increases as it levels. By level 15 of the gem, you will dealing 60% of weapon damage.

Thank you GGG, finally something done about it during early game.
We'll see if that's enough =).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 4, 2014, 4:10:36 AM
"
I have an idea for a simple and non-intrusive way to balance Spectral Throw progression. You know that "Deals 60% of Base Damage"? That should start lower, maybe even as low as 40%, and go up with each level along with the current "Increased Projectile Damage". To address the fact that it's a bit weak in end-game compared to pure melee, at max level it could be like 65% or 70% of base damage.

I know that no other skill changes damage effectiveness as you level it, but this seems like a good enough solution to set a precedent.

I f*ing called it
Melee physcial and melee physcial with two.handed passive do.not scale.

I respec it before.

I also found out that projectile increase passive seems to give more output than weapon damage increase.
"
inateapot wrote:
Melee physcial and melee physcial with two.handed passive do.not scale.

That's usually the case with Skills that do not deal Melee Physical Damage. No surprise there.
hi,

is it possible to hit an enemy 3 to 4 times with one attack when i use ST with 2 long range 2h weapon and link slow projectiles to it (and maybe point blank too)?
ST can hit the same guy three times by default, just position the target at the turning point. Weapon type doesn't matter.

In my experience, it's no easier or harder to land three hits with Reduced Projectile Speed. Matter of taste mostly; reducing Projectile Speed pulls the turning point closer to you.

Point Blank isn't good with ST. What PB does is reduce Damage dealt based on how long the Projectile has been in the air, so on the return trip, ST will deal shit for Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
ST can hit the same guy three times by default, just position the target at the turning point. Weapon type doesn't matter.

In my experience, it's no easier or harder to land three hits with Reduced Projectile Speed. Matter of taste mostly; reducing Projectile Speed pulls the turning point closer to you.

Point Blank isn't good with ST. What PB does is reduce Damage dealt based on how long the Projectile has been in the air, so on the return trip, ST will deal shit for Damage.
Well if you use reduced projectile speed (essentially converting ST into a melee skill) PB does actually manage to be a DPS boost. And you do basically get to use multistrike for free on your main skill.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Considering the travel time is exactly the same with and without Reduced Projectile Speed, I'm not sure how it can have any effect, seeing as PB is time-based.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info