Spectral Throw

it'll be a slight damage boost as yeah they stay around for same time but shorter distance, thus hitting more times. i think he meant to say =p
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Considering the travel time is exactly the same with and without Reduced Projectile Speed, I'm not sure how it can have any effect, seeing as PB is time-based.

Spoiler
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Damage bonus/penalty is as follows:
Distance 0 to 10: 50%
Distance 10 to 35: scales linearly from 50% down to 0%
Distance 35 to 120: scales linearly from 0% down to -100%

For reference, The greatest melee weapon range is 5, cold snap has a base range of 15, and 120 is the maximum distance it's possible to shoot an arrow (it's impossible to reach this usually except sometimes when firing at the upper corners of the screen).

Yes, rain of arrows isn't currently working with this keystone correctly, that should be fixed soon.

It isn't time based, it's based on how far the projectile traveled in its lifetime. In the case of ST that's both forward and back. For every projectile except ST distance is synonymous with time.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
SuperBrainy wrote:
hi,

is it possible to hit an enemy 3 to 4 times with one attack when i use ST with 2 long range 2h weapon and link slow projectiles to it (and maybe point blank too)?

Pretty sure it's possible to occasionally get four hits. Even if you're using staff-based chainsawing, it's not near consistent enough to justify the use of the support gem by that alone. 4 hits / 3 hits = Sometimes 1.33, which another support will give you all of the time.

It's a little frustrating actually. If you could get the projectile moving slowly enough, but still left it with a long travel distance, you could get beautiful 6+ hits on one trip from knockback.
In this video you can see my pointer on the totem boss when I use Spectral Throw on it. When it dies the game for some reason thinks it's necessary to step forward even though that spot was in range of the throw.

http://youtu.be/_8E3aRCIRfs
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
the above shows what would be THE best QoL buff possible for ST.
disable the move-to attack target mechanic or
specifically disable it while attacking w this skill/mob is within range.
basically make it so its like holding down shift.
holding down shift+attack isnt fun. i tried it a few times.
still dont do it.

or not specifically for this skill, add an option
to always have shift applied when u use a skill.
that way nobody gets upset about changes, the change is optional.

*edit eh, i was really whiny the day i posted this.
the perma shift on/off in options would be nice i guess. ST is fine.
Last edited by zephiroth3 on Jun 1, 2014, 12:29:37 AM
Sure dude, inbalance the game even more. With that change you don't even have to stop to use ST?

Just run around spamming ST while moving?

ST should be nerfed if any, as it fucks up melee.

How do you compare Reave that has a range that builds up or the limited AoE of melee splash with ST?

Completely inbalanced really
"
Necrogue wrote:
In this video you can see my pointer on the totem boss when I use Spectral Throw on it. When it dies the game for some reason thinks it's necessary to step forward even though that spot was in range of the throw.

http://youtu.be/_8E3aRCIRfs
While Kuduku is alive, your cursor anywhere on him is targeting him as a whole, and you'll be moving into range that the throw can reach him - at his closest edge. When he's dead you're now targeting the ground directly under the mouse pointer, and need to move forward to reach that specific spot which is no on the closest edge of where Kuduku was.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 8, 2014, 10:30:55 PM
Hey Mark, quick question if you have a second. I see this post by you on the 1st page:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

And then this is from the UNOFFICIAL wiki:

"The size of the projectile is affected by the base range of the weapon (4 for one-handed weapons and 5 for two-handed weapons). Passive skills that affect the melee range have no effect."

I remember pm'ing one of the dev's about the projectile size not long after the skill was released last October, and from my hazy recollection they confirmed the 4/5 projectile size at that time. But I deleted some stuff since then and cant find it.

So for clarity, can you say whether projectile size for spectral throw is 4 for 1h and 5 for 2h, or does it follow the base melee range of weapons:

Thrusting One Hand Sword 7
Two Hand Axe 7
One Hand Sword 6
Staff 6
Two Hand Mace 6
Two Hand Sword 6
Dagger 5
One Hand Axe 5
One Hand Mace 5
Claw 5
Sceptre 5
Unarmed 4

Thanks!!
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 18, 2014, 12:09:10 PM
"
kolp wrote:
Hey Mark, quick question if you have a second. I see this post by you on the 1st page:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
llama wrote:
Does melee weapon range (like arena master passive or daressos unique) increase the hitbox of the thrown weapon? Thanks for your help, might be a dev question.
The base range of the weapon affects the projectile's size, but bonuses to melee range from passives etc do not, as it is not being used in melee.

And then this is from the UNOFFICIAL wiki:

"The size of the projectile is affected by the base range of the weapon (4 for one-handed weapons and 5 for two-handed weapons). Passive skills that affect the melee range have no effect."

I remember pm'ing one of the dev's about the projectile size not long after the skill was released last October, and from my hazy recollection they confirmed the 4/5 projectile size at that time. But I deleted some stuff since then and cant find it.

So for clarity, can you say whether projectile size for spectral throw is 4 for 1h and 5 for 2h, or does it follow the base melee range of weapons:

Thrusting One Hand Sword 7
Two Hand Axe 7
One Hand Sword 6
Staff 6
Two Hand Mace 6
Two Hand Sword 6
Dagger 5
One Hand Axe 5
One Hand Mace 5
Claw 5
Sceptre 5
Unarmed 4

Thanks!!
he answered some time ago, it follows the range of melee weapons for the radius of the projectiles (as you copy pasted a different quote's information on ranges). however just as the quote mentioned, melee range boosts do not affect this radius, but also neither does AoE passives although that was not mentioned.
The projectile's size in units is directly based on the actual base range of the weapon (from it's type).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info