Cast when Damage Taken

I don't see why you don't just have cast on damage taken take more damage to proc at lower levels. Then as you level it up it takes less and less damage to proc (as well as reducing the penalty to damage like it currently does).
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
"
danzha wrote:
I don't see why you don't just have cast on damage taken take more damage to proc at lower levels. Then as you level it up it takes less and less damage to proc (as well as reducing the penalty to damage like it currently does).

Because then you invalidate low level use. 2500-3000 damage on level 31 when you can start using it is likely 400% of you life
I hope that everyone that wanted a nerf are happy now. You can now use it for lvl 1 gems, or level it to use it with immortal call. You will have to break some links in gear to achieve it thou.
gg masochists.

EDIT:

GGG, please make CwDT lvl 67 gem since we get in lvl 67 area. That way we can use it again.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Nov 12, 2013, 8:19:22 AM
Why didn't they just added some more mana used or anything like that to balance the gem? I only have high level Skill gems that I want to support with CwDT. Now the gem is completely usless for me (if I read this right). Means, my Marauder will be go back to it's cryostasis until it's fun to play again. Is that really what GGG wanted? No fun in PoE?
RIP Reave, you were fun to play, this was a large nerf towards reave.
"
shroudb wrote:
"
danzha wrote:

Because then you invalidate low level use. 2500-3000 damage on level 31 when you can start using it is likely 400% of you life

They could just make it inverse and make it % based.

I.E. at rank 1, codt is 20% of your health, and it decreases by .75% per level.
This gems needs to be based off a percentage, not a flat amount of damage taken, like nearly every other trigger gem.
A good way to make this nerf not as harsh would be to count damage before it is mitigated.

The gem would just not take resist/armor into consideration.
I posses the best possible ultimate "fix" to the CwDT problem.

Keep the 1.0.1 changes, but make the quality reduce the damage threshold OR POSSIBLY affect the linked gem level requirement.

Boom.
ign: weaklygdlk
"Charge chicken is dangerous, they are master of killing me." - fasknifer
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
Why didn't they just added some more mana used or anything like that to balance the gem? I only have high level Skill gems that I want to support with CwDT. Now the gem is completely usless for me (if I read this right). Means, my Marauder will be go back to it's cryostasis until it's fun to play again. Is that really what GGG wanted? No fun in PoE?

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to gather some low lvl gems ? ^.-

Also, you may lvl cwdt.., it still triggers whenever the dmg treshold is reached, not as some people keep thinkin (and whining about) in 1 single hit.
If your complaining that all your lvl 20gems aren't cast , AT ONCE , every 1-2 seconds for FREE by a lvl 1 support gem, then i don't know how to further explain you why this was an issue.

I think GGG definitly looks for fun in PoE, thats why they fixed a big mistake they made which completely took away a lot amount of challenge to this game
ign: UpForJava

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info