Cast when Damage Taken

"
Balow_L wrote:
This gem should be only a defensive one
-Linked spell can't deal any dmgs

And 20% mana reduction by linked spell (but not support gem) after the first one (cumulative with other codt gems)
Or a much larger cd (like 3 sec)

A big nerf seems to be the only solution :ack:

Or they could have two different Gems

Offensive Cast when Damage Taken

Defensive Cast when Damage Taken
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
When balancing, I am hoping GGG looks at the big picture of how it affects the whole game, rather than just looking at how the skill itself looks like.

Things that need to be considered when balancing Cast When Damage Taken: How it affects gem slot value, Kaom's Heart and Bringer of Rain balance, solo gameplay balance (i.e. their survivability), how it affects melee players specially those in parties, how it affects Reave balance (Reave stacks are not lost when Cast When Damage taken triggers a spell), etc.

There are so many aspects to consider, so if a suggestion to "balance" this gems, removes balance in a hell lot of other areas indirectly, then perhaps that suggestion is not worth following. Always compare the negatives with the positives before "balancing" something.

Thank you.
This gem should also reduce the duration of def spells on lower lvls like 66%.So when molten shell pops, it only lasts 3.4 sec instead of 10.each lvl up reduces the reduction. as so the quality of the gem. if this gem would trigger spells with mana, you would run out of mana too fast. its considered to trigger often. with a reduction of duration of spells and a 3.5 cooldown. maybe the quality could reduce the cooldown? it becomes less steady as it is now. i think that is the way to go, aside with a max hp % trigger

just my 2 cents
Last edited by Zzyxz on Nov 7, 2013, 1:38:53 PM
I'm wondering if this skill can work with minions.

If you cast a zombie with this skill support, will he then have the ability to cast summon zombie (or other skills in the gem chain) when he gets damaged?

Keeping in mind you can't cast the zombie directly, you need to tank damage to summon stuff and the zombies are weaker by one support gem in addition to the CWDT penalty.

"cast on crit" didn't work, but that could either be because zombies don't use skills, so can't generate skill crits to trigger it, or it could be it simply doesn't work.

(it would be awesome if it did)
Last edited by Asmosis on Nov 9, 2013, 4:20:48 PM
"
GFYD_QQ wrote:
I find it most amusing to link with a portal gem. Nothing like having a tp following you through your journey.

Best. Idea. Ever.

From reading this thread it appears that the 'damage taken' number is based on a cumulative value, not a single hit, yes?
Last edited by mthomas768 on Nov 10, 2013, 9:32:23 AM
I don't know if this has been proposed already but .... Why not put the 250ms timer at a global scale ?
This would prevent people from using more than 1 CoDT gem at a time and would therefore prevent abuses ( a 4L CoDT is already powerfull enough as a supporting tool for a char ).

Blood rage used to give a "global" buff ( since the next blood rage ones would not be affected by increased duration and swapping weapon that had the blood gem in it would not remove it ), it should be possible to use this kind of mechanism, should it not ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 10, 2013, 2:40:51 PM
Why nerf it if it's fun? Isn't that why we play?
Dear GGG,

I have an idea to rebalance this gem and make leveling it less counter-intuitive.

Change the flat damage threshold to % based which reduces with level.

For example, the damage required to trigger the gem may be something like this

Lvl 1 - 48% of max life+ES
Lvl 2 - 46% of max life+ES
Lvl 3 - 44% of max life+ES
Lvl 4 - 42% of max life+ES
Lvl 5 - 40% of max life+ES
Lvl 10 - 30% of max life+ES
Lvl 15 - 20% of max life+ES
Lvl 20 - 10% of max life+ES

Please consider this suggestion, thank you :>
"

balance
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

balance

Are you creating more "balance" for reave, melee-play, solo-play, Kaom's, Bringer of Rain, etc or overall less balance by your suggestion for nerfs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info