Cast when Damage Taken

there is no balance for x skill.
balance is the global game, and CoDT is obviously too strong atm.

GGG has already said that they would do something about it soon ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
there is no balance for x skill.
balance is the global game, and CoDT is obviously too strong atm.

GGG has already said that they would do something about it soon ....

How it is obvious that for the balance of the game as a whole, CwDT is too strong? (lol don't know where you got the "o" in your "CoDT")
It's not so much that the skillgem is broken. Yes everyone uses it but very few use it for damage. Most use it just have skills on autocast, which is not a problem about balance. The gem provides a quality of life. Its very boring/tedious to have to recast all the skills. Yes i could recast molten shell every 10th second but why not let the game do that for me? If they nerf the gem i suggest that they instead add an "autocast" feature which casts a skill automatically with a certain interval using mana etc as per usual.
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
It's not so much that the skillgem is broken. Yes everyone uses it but very few use it for damage. Most use it just have skills on autocast, which is not a problem about balance. The gem provides a quality of life. Its very boring/tedious to have to recast all the skills. Yes i could recast molten shell every 10th second but why not let the game do that for me? If they nerf the gem i suggest that they instead add an "autocast" feature which casts a skill automatically with a certain interval using mana etc as per usual.

Wouldnt mind that actually. I was using CODT only to get stuff auto casted so i could do my stuff without worrying every 7seconds recasting my molten shell.
Now that the level of the skillgem is highly relevant, could a dev stop by and give us some more details as to how it works?

Does it keep track of damage over a period of time? Will it ever forget how much damage has been done? Are there circumstances that cause it to forget how much damage you have taken? if a single attack causes two separate gems to trigger, will the cooldown prevent one from triggering? if they both trigger simultaneously, how does the game determine the order in which the skills go off?

I want to use a high-level codt gem, but I am afraid that increasing the level won't make it trigger infrequently as much as it will cause it to trigger inconsistently.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Please add DoT's damage and mitigated damage to the trigger!

And with these freaking changes you've broken my combo of casting enduring cry on low lvl gem and immortal call on lvled up one. :(
Слава Україні!
Last edited by zhandarm on Nov 12, 2013, 5:29:50 AM
RIP Cast when Damage Taken
October 23, 2013 - November 12, 2013

You lived a short yet for filling
life and will be forever missed.
With regards to the 1.01 change.

The trigger damage requirement is too high.

Example: at level 15, it needs 2060 damage to trigger. This would coincide with a character in the low 60s. The gem tiggering means they've lost two-thirds of their HP and are close to death.

The gem needs to be able to trigger multiple times before death for it to be worthwhile with most skills. Current damage values do not allow for this in may cases.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 12, 2013, 5:58:02 AM
Cast on damage taken was taking the tediousness of having to recast (and often being interrupted) enduring cry away. Now you can link only a level 5 enduring on it, resulting in less than half charges. Molten shell is out, but I personally hadn't it in either way cause I liked casting shell for it's damage.

The alternative is I guess dual enduring (yet again), you cast the leveled one manually to get as many charges as you can when you enter, and then let the low level one just refresh the duration.

Totems, or othger utility is out though with the current health limits: having at level 62 to get hit for a pure 2500 damage AFTER mitigation is huge.

My proposal is this: keep the change, Increase the damage threshold BUT make it count mitigated damage too.

Edit: another sweet change, if you don't want to make it count mitigated damage is to allow us to cast the skills manually. This way, we sacrifice a linked slot for the added effect of a rarely cast free spell, but we keep the functionality of the skill itself even if the damage isn't that high.
Last edited by shroudb on Nov 12, 2013, 6:20:00 AM
I actually really like the idea of counting mitigated damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info