Three patches, quality and skill buffs, large chests, new race league prizes and hardcore event

"
Chris wrote:
Large chests are very fun, though, so we're intending to add more to the game (probably in 0.9.13) so that players encounter them more often while playing. I can't reveal where they'll be yet, but there's a random element to it.

Randomly located (harder to farm) large chests being added to the world is an awesome idea! It's a lot of fun to open those chests, even if you don't always get something useful, so I'm really happy to hear that you will be adding more of them!

"
Chris wrote:
We've changed the prize structure for the three-hour league events that we run on the weekend. We used to give out currency items randomly but with equal weighting. This used to inject disproportionate amounts of the higher currency (like Gemcutter's Prisms or Exalted Orbs) into the economy, drowning out the actual drop rates that the game uses.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for this. Ever since I first started participating in the races I always found it strange that the orbs were selected with equal weighting. I think it's good for very rare orbs to remain very rare. It's more satisfying to receive them if they are hard to obtain, plus it keeps them from dropping in trade value.

And that's coming from someone who won nearly 40 exalted orbs in past races, which kinda says a lot.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
bingobill wrote:
just glad i didnt grind hardcore league bigtime this week to make early currency.......should have waited till after week 1 before currency changes i think guys; moved the goalposts.

What are you babbling about?

The rewards in post-migration default/HC leagues are not currency at all. The changes to currency rewards that were delineated have their first occurrence this Saturday in a 3h party-enabled HC race.

oh, i was under the impression there was a 1 week and 1 month leaderboard/ level attain reward(with currency payouts) after migration.
"
bingobill wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
bingobill wrote:
just glad i didnt grind hardcore league bigtime this week to make early currency.......should have waited till after week 1 before currency changes i think guys; moved the goalposts.

What are you babbling about?

The rewards in post-migration default/HC leagues are not currency at all. The changes to currency rewards that were delineated have their first occurrence this Saturday in a 3h party-enabled HC race.

oh, i was under the impression there was a 1 week and 1 month leaderboard/ level attain reward(with currency payouts) after migration.

There will be no currency (orbs) for the 1 week and 1 month leaderboards.

Instead the prizes are: physical goods for 1st place, demigod's amulets for 1st-10th place, and micro-transaction store credit for 1st-20th place. Details here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53023
Does anyone know if PoE is an ONLY online game? or is there a chance it may be a offline mode?
"
l3ETAftw wrote:
Does anyone know if PoE is an ONLY online game? or is there a chance it may be a offline mode?

All the relevant information is on the frontpage: http://www.pathofexile.com/
"
Teloiv wrote:
LARGE CHESTS!!!!!!

Yes, Large Chests, and I'd also endorse some huge booty.
"
Chris wrote:
Both the large chest and quality "nerfs" were prerequisites for fixing those systems up in ways that give more of these to players than they had before.

AKA - "We were trolling the QQ'ers. Much joy and fun was had at their expense."

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
Panda413 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Both the large chest and quality "nerfs" were prerequisites for fixing those systems up in ways that give more of these to players than they had before.

No it's probably "large chests (or a similar concept) completely ruined D3's economy weeks into release to the point where it was unable to be fixed without a wipe. How about we don't make the same mistake as them and randomize large chests like they should be."
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Professor? what's another word for Pirate Treasure?
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Panda413 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

No it's probably "large chests (or a similar concept) completely ruined D3's economy weeks into release to the point where it was unable to be fixed without a wipe. How about we don't make the same mistake as them and randomize large chests like they should be."

Not saying it isn't a good change.. just making a joke about how they "nerfed" gem quality and chests, and then buff them both several days later rather than just making both adjustments in one patch.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info