Season Four, Event 115: 1 Week Turbo Party

Died to epic lags :'(

I dont know what happenned, all mobs were moving around me, I was loosing hp but no able to hit them. Damn it...
Last edited by 3olf on Oct 3, 2013, 2:58:38 PM
Died to stupid MMO One Shot mechanics on Dunes to Hillock.Simple Gearcheckfail with 4k EHP and 12% reduce on level 76.

Only participated because it was Turbo. But it reminded me why I hate OB:
A3 is too long, drop rates suck, vendor receipes are total shit, mana is still not fixed(yeah "epic" gameplay cast 3 3linked spells and run around till clarity fills it up in 20 sec), moving CB level 64 itemcontent to level 77, stupid defensive mobs, which take forever to kill, slower leveling( I remember getting a 20-half level on level 60 doing a level 60 maps why do I have to do over 10 runs to reach level 67 on a 67 area?)

In CB most players got to maps on the third day but in OB? Forget it. Docks and Catacombs as superb endgame for most players.
Repetive Boring gameplay....

I like Turbo, but I hate the game in it's current poor state and I am certain the A3X addition will suck the same way.
"
Hilbert wrote:

In CB most players got to maps on the third day but in OB? Forget it. Docks and Catacombs as superb endgame for most players.

I like Turbo, but I hate the game in it's current poor state and I am certain the A3X addition will suck the same way.

If you are going to bitch about more content being added to a game than leave now. The 1.0 update will just make you want to punch your monitor.
IGN: _Blue_Box_
Last edited by BadWoof on Oct 4, 2013, 12:47:09 AM
There is a difference between content and being forced to visit every oversized area in a slow paced game.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Died to stupid MMO One Shot mechanics on Dunes to Hillock.Simple Gearcheckfail with 4k EHP and 12% reduce on level 76.

Only participated because it was Turbo. But it reminded me why I hate OB:
A3 is too long, drop rates suck, vendor receipes are total shit, mana is still not fixed(yeah "epic" gameplay cast 3 3linked spells and run around till clarity fills it up in 20 sec), moving CB level 64 itemcontent to level 77, stupid defensive mobs, which take forever to kill, slower leveling( I remember getting a 20-half level on level 60 doing a level 60 maps why do I have to do over 10 runs to reach level 67 on a 67 area?)

Youre probably playing an inefficient build. I started maps on my solo self found character on day 3. Killed map hillock many times, including spider forest version.

Everyone knows closed beta was a joke compared to now as far as difficulty is concerned. I think most people are happy with the overall shift.
Last edited by Krippers on Oct 4, 2013, 5:21:44 AM
haha, dem kripp tipps!
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
Krippers wrote:

Youre probably playing an inefficient build. I started maps on my solo self found character on day 3. Killed map hillock many times, including spider forest version.

Everyone knows closed beta was a joke compared to now as far as difficulty is concerned. I think most people are happy with the overall shift.

I didn't find this harder than the previous 1 week turbo race with the same 2h build. The only thing that I found worse was higher damage spikes from things like brutus and vaal, coupled with rampant desync it only challenges my patience.

In fact the bugged undead from the previous turbo race actually made it worse on average (but yes, they were bugged).

Of course the build I played wasn't what people would call an efficient or even robust build, but the problem is that whole situation hasn't improved at all in a year and if anything has become worse due to them not addressing the issues and increased damage since then.

Edit:
Basically, I called (of course not alone) for nerfs for curses against bosses, granite flasks and to an extent endurance charges. They were all nerfed, the problem is that I relied on all these things with a slow attacking 2h build and nothing's been added to compensate, with increased damage at higher levels. I'm pretty sure the particular 2h builds I played couldn't in any way have been considered OP, yet they somehow got significantly weaker in terms of survivability with absolutely no way to make up for what was lost other than going a completely different build.

To summarize, damage feels more binary than it used to. Imo not even close to a good thing.
Inefficient build lol?

Besides bosses(permachill) I was permafreezing every single mob abusing the poor shotgun crit mechanics of this game.It was rather hard to get meatshields because everything shattered into icecubes.
The only thing I didn't have was a blind gem, so bosses have a lower chance to hit.
No the build wasn't a problem at all.

You most likely put a Blind gem into a link and abuse blind mechanics.

How about you type /played? That's the major difference. I was also at maps at day 3 but unlike you my playtime was less than half of your playtime.

I did Vaal Merciless with level 58 because I am sick of grinding. You did him at level 6x.
You and Simon grinded the shit out of act2 merciless. In fact 6h prior to Simon in A3 Merciless and he was also level ~70.

The only difference is time investment->Gear. Which game does it make PoE really similar to?
A game which is labeled as fail?
Oh yeah Diablo3. Inferno HC. You don't have the gear you get one shot.

It's all about a gearcheck. Most of my stuff was underleveled gear only in use because it had correct links.
Not enough grinding failing the Gearcheck that's the reason I died. No other reason.
If I had boots, armor, shield and a helmet with of the correct ilevel with the same stats I would be around 30-40% reduce and had survived.
Placing a MMO oneshoter in a map to create a gear check and even enfeebled he oneshots you?!
That's poor design.

"

YOU think it's better but your opinion is not the opinion of the majority.
The majority of players left! You have influence on Chris but that didn't do good to the game.
I got fed up with OB endgame after 2 weeks and a game must do pretty bad to piss me off that bad.

How many active closed beta players still play endgame content?

You are right that bosses like Hillock, The Squid in Tunnel/Torture Chamber, Rhoa were a joke.

But in CB you had a powerful alchemy orb receipe meaning you could alch all your maps.
Hard maps= Many rares.
Even without grinding the shit out of Grindspots you could acquire many orbs.
You didn't have to sell every item overpriced.

Weaker characters did easy maps, stronger characters did harder maps.
You overestimated your ability you died.

Having easier maps also had an advantage because you could trade them for harder maps. For example you sold 1 dunes map and received 1 dungeon and 1 overgrown ruin.

And it seems you forgot about Reflect of CB. It was once 100% then 25% and even 25% killed most of your characters.
A 60% rare map which can't roll anymore was possible No regen and 50% Regen(affects ES Potions etc)
Add Chaos damage and that map was a Nightmare for each non CI charachter.
I did such a level 65 once in Arach lair which was ok and on level 67 in Dark Forest which was a bad idea and Oak would have been impossible without a CI Vaal Pact character in party.

The idea behind CB maps was you are level 60 and can do a level 60 map.
In OB you need Gear and level 71(or whatever level it was ofr level it was for level 16/17 gems) to do the lowest maps in a short time.

You are a MMO player you don't know different kind of games, where One Shot Gearcheck mechanics are normal.
But grinding resulted in a OB fail and the addition of Gearchecks and One Shot mechanics drove the most of the remaining players away.

The risk reward system never has been so bad as in OB.
It doesn't matter if you roll a 105% iiq map or a 8% iiq map if you fail the gearcheck and run into the boss you die.
It makes a huge difference if you have a feeling of a chance because you know a white map won't kill you, 1 damage mod might skill you and several damage mods+reflect will be risky, instead of:
Reduce <x%, Resist <y%--->I get hit I die.

In CB it made a huge difference if you ran a hard map or an easy map. Fairgraves full of Charges on an all out damage map+vulnerability almost almost one shot me at level 79 in CB and I had like 8k EHP there.

What was the last real (A)RPG you played? My guess is D2.(I consider D3 as MMO Auction House)
Sure you can say D2 is easy because their are heavily overpowered builds.
But play underpowered builds once like a venomancer and suddenly D2 will look hard.

The RPG genre lives from Story. The ARPG lives from fast gameplay.
PoE doesn't have either of them. Story elements are added in an improper way like Weathered carvings and the gameplay at midgame/early endgame(not being overleveled) becomes horribly slow and once you reach level 72-74 suddenly it becomes really fast because you can afford to level up auras like clarity there is no proper progression.
But guess where the majority of players will be pissed? Midgame and early endgame!

Have you ever played other F2P games? Either they have P2W options or they try hard not to piss off the majority.

I played a F2P Game back in 2004, it had quality but the devs kept adding several unbalanced stuff which required you to play more and more pissing off the majority of the community.
At some point I decided to have a look at the gamestate. And you know what happened? The game became 100% P2W.
It became something like pay 100 bucks and get huge advantages. Pay 1000 bucks and get a finished character. There was a massive shitstorm after the devs announced the change because they also promised never to be pay to win.

And guess what the devs said: "It's so common in the F2P game to be P2W so we decided to switch our business system"

In reality the changes resulted in a loss of 70% of the community, so advertisement and transactions wouldn't result in a win.

Once you see more advertisement footprints or items it's only a matter or time till there will be Character packs which sell an unskilled level 90 character with 100 alchemy orbs, 50 chaos orbs equipped 6 links etc.

Many players finance a game not single big donations.The remaining players certainly won't get the RoW pack, so you have to deal with PoE being P2W at some point but you will be playing D3 Expansion or some other MMO at that point.
Holy wall of text.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Weaker characters did easy maps, stronger characters did harder maps.
You overestimated your ability you died.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Died to stupid MMO One Shot mechanics on Dunes to Hillock.

Heh. Hillock is pretty tough on regular leagues, and you overestimated your ability on turbo. Instead you blame your death on the game becoming an MMO.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Once you see more advertisement footprints or items it's only a matter or time till there will be Character packs which sell an unskilled level 90 character with 100 alchemy orbs, 50 chaos orbs equipped 6 links etc.

Prime example of a slippery slope fallacy. It's ridiculous to even think this might happen at any point in the future.
IGN: Truncator
"
Hilbert wrote:

>whining

Why do you even still show up here if you hate the game so much?
I think I just got a semi-bad case of depression while reading through your post history, jesus christ man, wow.

wow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info