Season Four, Event 115: 1 Week Turbo Party

/played 3d 18h (~6h major afk breaks while character ingame)

Gear
Spoiler

Passives
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B5wR-BS0F-QguDq0S4RQgFecV8BbzGNsZihmOGlUc3CFgI_YkPCY8JpUnqSmlLUctgy-dMgE1hjZ7Nug6UjpYOrNAoEOcSTpJUUp9UEJQR1M1VUtW-lpIWm1br2BLYSFh62SjZ6Bqh21sbXtyu3OzdO108XpTeu99dX_GhO-HGYd2jDaQCpcGmyabjZu1naqeuaEiokCjiqcwp1yyGbVIuc2747yfxKLLQc96037UGdVP3Q3ed9-_45_tg-4O73rv8PBr9Pj8xf66

Worst spec in the history of mankind, never found a 5link or enough spare currency to buy one... therefore never managed to switch from BM to EB. 4 Very close calls and logged out twice (both 70+ maps). Also our map RNG was the way its always been, over 7 months into open beta and never visited a 75 map and i have a bazillion 80+ characters... now 72's were the brickwall.

Still had a good run, and this time i didnt die to stupid shit since i actually had to pay attention 100% of the time in turbo maps. It was also awesome to see that in this league it was possible to compete while sleeping every night.

GG
Last edited by Dahrak on Oct 7, 2013, 3:57:18 AM
3 days ago died at 53 lvl
Just now died at 52 lvl
P.S.: check positions 278 and 288 :)

That is a fate i guess to get no points :(
Last edited by greenyadzer on Oct 5, 2013, 8:31:01 AM
"
Poestatistics is usually fairly accurate. Yes, it is bugged sometimes. You found an example from Season 1. I would not be surprised if they improved just slightly on the site since then. And I know that it is still not perfect, but claiming that Kripp played the double of you is just dumb.

Like I said the last day adds a massive amount of time because it was a holiday.
Given the usual playtime of a user it is fine to assume that he played 12-16h a day.

He quit midway that's one thing I didn't take into account. ;)

And no PoEstatistics didn't improve at all. They even kept downloading CB results totally deleteting all CB Races on Open Beta.
Their automated calculation heavily bugs up not getting idle times correctly at all, mainly because of rank ups and level ups it will automatically add 1h or 2h even it is totally incorrect see the example on level 40. 30k in 1h that means 10 monsters in 1h?!
Idletimes won't be caught at all which results in onlinetime~exptime.

At the one week restest the downloaded CSV was corrupted and they added several characters towards the Riplist despite them being alive while readding them with 15min 60-70levels

"
Hilbert, you claim that you write feedback. Most of what you write is eiher accusing other players or accusing the game because you know the game so well that when you die, it cannot be your own fault, it is the game's fault. It is because of "stupid mechanics".

If you read my posts in the feedback forum even before of the Race I already said that oneshot mechanics are stupid.
I even said it in the first Signaturerace, where I went to weaver with a level 6 or 8 armor and once he hit me I was at 20% hp and had to bail.

There 2 PVM issues with the game I have which result in rips:
Stunmechanics which result in Permastun after the HP nerf->Desync(is it that hard to add a recovery time)
One Shot Mechanics which only are a MMO Gear Check(No matter how my character would be skilled he would be killed by Hillock anyway because of a Gearcheckfail)
There is a huge difference between Reflect because the build/linked gems heavily matter how much damage you receive from reflect.
Or puncture where looking at the symbol in the upper left corner warns of of receiving massive damage.

"
Also, write shorter post man. Long posts remove focus from what you want to emphasize. People just get bored of reading it, especially when it is so offensive.

Deal with the size of my posts. If my posting size pisses you off you better don't read ToU, EULA,src, thesis papers or even books.
A forum isn't a chat.

"
And here is a challenge for you, Hilbert: Point me to any, and I mean ANY, post of yours, where just ONE other player agrees with you. I was unable to find one.

Just look at the Race Feedback. Shedule being stupid towards EU players.

"
Once again, I played solo with self found gear. Even by your own estimate of your platime against my actual play time, you were behind. I will trust you in your own opinion of yourself as one of the best players to ever grace Wraeclast -- so as such, it seems appropriate to question weather your build was very effective for the league.

Yeah you are a better rush player. But you tend to forget. I don't rush 1 weekers and slow down to the speed of the slowest member of the party, so merc gets killed at 1h instead of 35-40min etc.
If I would rush there would be a 5+ level difference quiet fast and you have to redo quests over and over.

And it's not like that you never died to the stupid One Shot mechanics.
I think it was the Onslaught launch where Kole One Shot you on merciless.
But because you are an advertisement to PoE the next patch included a damage nerf and kole suddenly did around 50% of his old damage.
Claiming the build is ineffective when the skilltree has no importance in One Shot Cases doesn't show any awareness of poor mechanics.

Claiming Gearchecks are a Challenge and makes the game harder only shows how autochthonic you are into the MMO Genre.
You grinded good EQ-->"OMG GAME TOO EASY"
You haven't good EQ-->"Game too hard"

"
Short rewarding MF runs: Ledge with quantity or City of Sarn with only low lig res and MF or if you are good Docks with MF. Easy. Other people champion Lunaris, but that is not or me. Also use chaos recipe at merci.

Short Yes! Rewarding no! In fact those areas even got nerfed because there were Pixel Bots farming those zones.
Merveil,Vaal,Piety have rewarding drops but Lunaris level 3 is WAY too big to make it rewarding and has several dead ends.
Merveil won't improve your EQ unless it's really bad and Vaals has a quiet Big HP Pool/Resist to be rewarding and it's unlikely he will improve EQ.
There isn't any level 64+ boss which has rewarding drops and is easy too reach. There are only some level 65+ areas but that's it.

The chaos receipe requires A3 Merciless items and rare amulets/rings/belts aren't that common. And then we are again at risk reward again.
I can do many normal runs to acquire several alteration orbs within minutes and sell them for chaos/alchemy orbs. But merciless won't reward me at all.
I prefered the system of filling your stash tabs and use vendor receipes to acquire currency.

/played 3d 15h
DD/Firetrap marauder

Gear
Spoiler

Passives

Leveling with the spec... just horrible, luckily played with Dahrak so the content went decently fast. Had to logout a few times because chaos-damage destroying me.
Like always a brickwall at 72 maps, which we did 15 of...

Decent and fun run though, lowest HP ever was in Spider Forest with extra fire damage leapers (ele weakness -> 36% res). Desyncing wasn't much of an issue, which was suprising.
8 hours of sleep everyday, had to work daily as well - basically burning damage (ignite) is what you want in this league.

As a sidenote, GGG - could you consider fixing the damn endgame already if there's less than 5 people? Several high quantity maps 110%+ and we get nil maps, fun times eh?

Nemesis IGN: PUUTIKKUMAISTERI / ENTROPIA_KURKKU
twitch.tv/soffeli
GMT+3.

Self found, solo. I'd like to have pushed forward, but I need guaranteed points.
Last edited by slably on Oct 5, 2013, 12:55:03 PM
That was a really fun event!!! I like turbo in general, it makes the game feel more "right" as far as small mobs go. Except for bosses...

Made it to 66, stoped playing friday night because no way I was able to solo turbo merc vaal.

Gears:

This race was a lot of fun. Played solo/self-found and managed to get to level 60, which is probably the highest i've ever been without dying.
First time doing an EK build, which worked out rather well.

My gear :
Spoiler

If i'm still in HC by the time i reach level 66, i'll be able to use the Divinarius i've gotten this season.

Big part of the fun of these week races are the twitch streams of the top players. I especially enjoyed the adventures of WillyWonka and his merry band :)
Rank top 200 and only played a few days. One Week Turbo was hard!
Holy shit hillbert if you hate the game so much why are you still playing ?

Everytime I see you post something it's always negative, be positive for once for fuck's sake

Take a walk outside, look at the birds, bathe in the sunlight, I dunno do something instead of being pissed 24/7

----

To stay ontopic, I managed to get to level 70 with my zoomed-in melee character, which I'm pretty happy about.

I would have pushed if I managed to roll an onyx amulet with life and life leech, but after like 40-50 alchemies and around 30 chaos, I didn't get one, so no turbo merciless vaal for me

Grats to everyone that survived, and cya'll when the game releases
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Played solo and melee all the way to 77.5 lvl
Played time : 2 days 15 hours...
Turbo is already hard for melee and it is impossible to get a decent endgame 1-hand physical weapon... Spend almost 6 exalt to crafting... Nothing...

Gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info