Season Four, Event 115: 1 Week Turbo Party

I would quote you Hilbert, but I can't be bothered to spam the forum with it. I'm not an MMO or an ARPG expert. I have learnt this game as I have played and I have done fine, I always make sure, one way or another tha I am well geared for a situation before progression. If that's through trade, crafting or drops. Why don't you learn to enjoy the game for what it is. If it too difficult and you don't like the difficulty, do something else. If they suddenly nerf everything people would QQ that the game is far too easy. It clearly isn't too difficult or so many players wouldn't have exceeded your level/level of content. Because you didn't account for a situation that would kill you, it is suddenly the games fault, when in fact it sounds like yours. You didn't have sufficient gear, you tried it anyway, you died. Well done. Grats.

PS My first character on POE died 700times on softcore. Luckily I have some intelligence and learnt the game. Maybe you should do, too. Hope that makes you feel better.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Oct 4, 2013, 11:42:31 PM
"
I always make sure, one way or another tha I am well geared for a situation before progression.

As you can see I had no problems progressing.
My I was underleveled and I didn't grind for EQ because excessive Grinding is the worst part of a game imo.
I am fine with short rewarding MF runs but PoE doesn't offer any short mf Runs.

There wasn't major changes in the normal game besides raising mob HP, slower exping, changing mainly into defensive mobs, affixroll changes to move the same content to a higher level, heavily nerfed large chest drops. Usually I keep the dropping currency as long as possible.

"
If that's through trade, crafting or drops.

And this is where the problem starts on this race.
Did you see the trade chat after day 3?
There were only like 3 players trying to sell items.
I had reeep__ or somebody similar trying to get 4l gloves + boots for the unwavering Stance amulet and that entire Day 3 and 4.
The drop rates were so bad actually I had only like 6 items which were sellable.
Selling unused gems after the first 2 gems is also out of question. The only way to obtain much currency during races would be rush mules over and over and sell clarity, Weapon Elemental Damage, Added Fire Damage, Fork etc. over and over that's limited to A3 normal and rushing in Act3 heavily drains TPs.
Another guy was like "O GCP N 4 alchs" next time "O GCP N 3 alchs" and attempt which resulting in selling the GCP "O GCP N 2 alchs"

Crafting and Drops are heavily nerfed compared to closed beta.
In closed Beta the receipes were really powerful and you optained currency through vendor receipes and the difficulty of the maps was deceided by the alchemy orb roll of the map.
There was a risk reward system but most bosses were weak, some were pathetic and still are.

"
Why don't you learn to enjoy the game for what it is

As you can see I don't like OB Endgame.
There are far too many unfixed and new problems especially in Midgame.
Several are open I already adressed them several times.
I only played it because it was Turbo.

"
If it too difficult and you don't like the difficulty, do something else.If they suddenly nerf everything people would QQ that the game is far too easy

The game isn't difficult at all. It got reduced a Grindfest and a Gearcheck nothing else.
One Shot mechanics don't make a game difficult it makes it bad.

There are many ways without resulting to One Shot Mechanics because your Gear isn't good enough.
Clever AI, Mob overpowering, Fast Movement/Attackspeed so it's hard to avoid getting hit, Status Ailments, Dimmed Vision, Invisible mobs etc.

"
It clearly isn't too difficult or so many players wouldn't have exceeded your level/level of content. Because you didn't account for a situation that would kill you, it is suddenly the games fault, when in fact it sounds like yours. You didn't have sufficient gear, you tried it anyway, you died. Well done. Grats.

So I am supposed to grind a stupid low level area for 8-12 hours till I have enoguh currency so I can beat a boss which is 10+ levels below me? From a gameplaywise the game isn't hard at all. NO thanks that's MMO. I detest MMO. If PoE starts advertising as MMO targeting MMO players then you will never see me again.
So you are saying it's my fault not grinding enough? That's quiet the MMO argument. "lol noob learn to grind"
Then my answer would:"lol then convince GGG to advertise it as MMO"

Like I said several times Gearcheck One Shot Mechanics are poor game design. It has nothing to do with a players skill. It's just like Diablo 3. In Softcore you died your way through inferno in Hardcore your reached the second act or third act and died there and needed to invest another day to reach inferno and try your luck.
D3 is considered as a failure.
So what makes PoE any different from D3? You can skip bosses? You have an insignificant Skilltree where understanding which is reduced in which highway+cluster results in most damage/ehp/defense/evasion.
Where is the promised risk<->reward? There isn't any!
Grinding normal results in more currency than cruel/merciless.
PoE has 2 types of players really rich ones investing much time into Grinding/Trading/RMTing and really poor ones, who get ans answer like 30 Chaos orbs if they want to buy some better rare.
[Removed by Admin]

I didn't think that was nessary. I didn't say anything derogatory, but sure ok.
Last edited by Lionguild on Oct 6, 2013, 11:40:19 AM
Blech, died to cruel vaal.
@Hilbert

We all know that Kripp streams everything so it would be very easy for him to prove how much he played.

Poestatistics is usually fairly accurate. Yes, it is bugged sometimes. You found an example from Season 1. I would not be surprised if they improved just slightly on the site since then. And I know that it is still not perfect, but claiming that Kripp played the double of you is just dumb.

Hilbert, you claim that you write feedback. Most of what you write is eiher accusing other players or accusing the game because you know the game so well that when you die, it cannot be your own fault, it is the game's fault. It is because of "stupid mechanics".

Also, write shorter post man. Long posts remove focus from what you want to emphasize. People just get bored of reading it, especially when it is so offensive.

And here is a challenge for you, Hilbert: Point me to any, and I mean ANY, post of yours, where just ONE other player agrees with you. I was unable to find one.
@Hilbert

You have to know that hey that blackguard uses thorns. Hey it's a rare and has physical reflect, O junk that is gonna do some damage, Oh double junk here comes a haste aura rare..... You have to be able to read your surroundings and know your weaknesses.
Last edited by DarkHeart69 on Oct 5, 2013, 5:01:37 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:

I can tell you that much:
Day 1 4,5h played and stopped in A2 Cruel
Day 2 ~8h played till A2 Merciless
Day 3 ~8h played I even lost track of my group and they were at docks already for being afk
Day 4 ~9h played A3 Quests + Maps
Day 5 14h+ played it was a holiday.

Since we all know you don't do breaks:
Day 1: 13h
Day 2: 12h ->Day 1
Day 3: 12h
Day 4: 16h ->Day 2
Day 5: 6h

I like facts! It seems you dont. Maybe you will like them after you see some!

Screenshot of my actual playtime
http://imgur.com/hqj9xGx

Your estimate of how long you played: 1 day 19 hours 30 min
Your estimate of how long I played: 2 days 11 hours

poestats estimate of how long you played: 2 days 17 hours 35 min
poestats estimate of how long I played: 1 day 19 hours 55 min

how long I actually played: 1 day 21 hours 11 min
error in how much I actually played vs poe stats: 2.88% error

error in how much you think I played vs poestats: 30.58% error
error in how much you think you played vs poestats: 50.77% error (ROFL)

Once again, I played solo with self found gear. Even by your own estimate of your platime against my actual play time, you were behind. I will trust you in your own opinion of yourself as one of the best players to ever grace Wraeclast -- so as such, it seems appropriate to question weather your build was very effective for the league.
Last edited by Krippers on Oct 5, 2013, 5:40:22 AM
Gear:
Spoiler
+ voltaxic and carcass jack

/played: 2d19h40min
poestatistics played: 2d22h10m, which probably adds mules and my first char playtime
day1=death at normal vaal, solo until cruel a3 then I joined nihilism/prozon and we regrouped with the leading team in merciless
day2/3=catching up on gear, couldn't get to docks until I was 70,5 iirc, farmed there until 75, it was much more efficient than maps. Mostly solo.
day4=joined bichy's team midday, started maps 67-69
day5=box dead, played 5 hours, maps below 70s
day6=69-73
day7=70-74 with one precinct
Skilltree
Started with DS/cleave, then LA/LMP/fork until I got carcass jack for ROA MASTER BOWSKILL.
I was surprised to be able to maintain la/lmp/fork/fa/wed without mana leech or blood magic.
Last edited by Pam on Oct 5, 2013, 6:25:34 AM
Short rewarding MF runs: Ledge with quantity or City of Sarn with only low lig res and MF or if you are good Docks with MF. Easy. Other people champion Lunaris, but that is not or me. Also use chaos recipe at merci.

You complain about the gear check but do a turbo race. There are less gear checks in regular league.

Gear on trade was very cheap, I always got nice items early game, the reason gear at high level was difficult is 1. people don't want to sell to their rivals. 2. it isn't worth advertising items to a small group of people when you could be farming. I crafted some nice items, but I crafted some terrible ones, too.

The game is designed great, you just don't like it. Thanks for the lengthy reply, I feel so priveledged to hear your moaning.

Oneshots also create treue fear, something that I really like, an achievement if you can take them (Vaal smash)

Edit: +2 while I slept for like 10hours?! Shame I can't play today =D
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Last edited by ckay27 on Oct 5, 2013, 6:01:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info