Season Four, Event 115: 1 Week Turbo Party

Still want to buy CLOAK OF FLAME alt art, if anyone wins one, pm me pls
And grats to all the winners!
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Last edited by Starball on Oct 5, 2013, 2:57:45 PM
1 day 23 hours 30 minutes /played at lvl 74.5 ish

solo ele cleave templar, not completely self-found, since I ended up selling a couple of items. Never bought anything though. spec I used
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4FE0Es6IA8B8yiQJxd-VX4uw4KU8aODrY5CKCm6eELdJN2BpskFWfPox2na4ZhcAapwgkqlnzj0a4kzbprKrQ0OvuDH3janKpm6HPZSj6EH982We9VcaCx8ae7m8Wb0GHeriuk2z2bqqmV4LkPyc64ZARKk2I8XPhFSD3iCzpg9tfqt0N_Etbr_zFOrPOcRjbVvpnoDWGbBZDnHTx3UaHdrnNnaoOrSFgnrljp_xOSn0ppUCg704FLaLqMglgSxLheu907Q==

Ended up stopping about 3 points shy from Iron Reflexes, which really started to screw me over once I hit act3 Merciless.

Was a pretty fun event overall, didn't think I'd make it this far solo, was so close to dying to Cruel weaver. Didn't even dare to attempt Merciless weaver before lvl 69. Even then, it was pretty insane fight, I only needed 2-3 cleaves to kill adds, but they kept respawning so fast. And they kept blocking you when you had to run away from almost getting 2-shot by the boss, which resulted in some desynchs and panic log outs. Think I used around 6 log outs on that fight. Eventually the adds, got stuck in the wall and stopped spawning. No idea what really happened, could still attack them if I shift cleaved, but decided not to, since thought it'd be the only way I'd kill the spider. Could use enduring cry to get charges on the stuck mobs though =D

Merciless brutus was actually not that bad, I overfarmed ledge way to much and lost lots of time, I ran behind the little wall, baited the decoy totem that he 2-shots, or 1-shots if slam, then peaked to use enduring cry, run around wall until cd's were up, then rinse repeat until 4 charges. Took some patience, but was pretty safe with 2x instant pots + granite.

Merciless Vaal was pretty fun fight. Actually had to look up the part about the little stone crumbles from the ceiling showing where the rocks drop, never realized that before, which made the fight a lot easier than I initially thought. First attempt I had 2745 hp, capped lightning, 3,3k dps, got him to about 50% hp when he kept chain spawning and camping in the corner, which is really dangerous as melee. Could have had him otherwise. Had to panic log out :( Tried running back in after, which I've never tried before, almost insta RIP. Adds + lazer offscreen hit me as soon as I entered. Another panic log :D

Ended up afk farming fellshrine until 71, at that point I had around 3,2k hp, 3,7k dps so was a pretty easy fight. Just tp out to refill 2x instant pots 2x quicksilver about 15-20 times, gotta abuse dat grace time. Easy peasy.

gear
Spoiler
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Never played a 1 week before. Was fun. Managed to place in top 50 alive, solo selffound melee with a 40 hour / week job. I am satisfied. My build idea was a speedy gonzales leap slammer. How to counter turbo monsters? Make a turbo character! Stun/reduced stun threshold, high attack speed, life leech, IR+US meant that I could leap slam in the most dangerous packs up until docks at least. Bailed out when I saw LMP dogs and skipped cruel Kole though. Other than that, killed everything with Leap Slam and Heavy Strike.
Had problems finding cold resist gear as my build reveals : /.
I wanted to make a mace build and take the mace nodes around RT, which have a lot of reduced stun threshold.. Found the mace in the build section below but minutes later, I found a 6s Karui Chopper (white). A few alts and got what I needed: High IPD + reduced stun (had prefered attack speed of course).

Found the boots 4L white. Chanced them I got an insane pair of boots!

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwFLQ6tEuEY2xkuG_og8CFgJd8n7Si1KaUyCTrhPC1AoEOcR35N41BQVElVqVhjWK9fP2BLYIhhIWFSZU1lp2o7bmlyqXTtdPF3YngNerh673zZhNmE74jxjM-Vm5e0mSubLZ65n8ukGaZXps-pbqvFrFmsqqy6rpO18rc-ud29gb6KvqfAD8T2xq7G2NBH0k3Uj93j4mHi6udS52PvDu9O8i_yRfPd9kj-Cv6P

Gear
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Oct 5, 2013, 4:29:09 PM
"
FrAgGy wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

YOU think it's better but your opinion is not the opinion of the majority.

Hilbert confirmed speaker of the masses (not).

"
Hilbert wrote:

But play underpowered builds once like a venomancer and suddenly D2 will look hard.

Underpowered builds like VENOMANCER?!?!

Thanks to Mors for his post, he is indeed ruining my forum experience for mentioned reasons.

I think Hilbert is the best thing for PoE forums ever. Haven't laughed out loud this much on anyone else before. This shit is so good. x)) Go go Hillbillyert!
GG everybody! Congrats to Team Bishy for getting the overall team win. Commiserations to Helmann and Unhost for having really unlucky, untimely deaths. Big congrats to SoloSimon (nl_independent) for a super solo-self-found Demi! That took some commitment and was pretty entertaining to watch.

This was my first 1-week race. I don't know anybody on my gateway that plays, so I was solo self-found too. I know how hard that is, especially when you don't have much experience crafting stuff (what items to look for, when to spend currency etc.). I was just in this for the experience and some points, so wanted to try something different and if it turned out fun, all well and good.

I Like pew-pewing stuff with bows, but didn't want to play Ranger as I'm doing that in the Signature races, so I decided on a hybrid Poison Arrow bow Witch Summoner into eventual CI. Didn't know how far I would get so didn't know how many points to design the ending build with, so just made it up as I went along, getting the AoE nodes for the poison cloud and also helping with Fire Trap and Ice Nova for levelling. I just needed Dex for bows and levelling Fire Trap and bow gems and a mule for Poison Arrow. Turned out to be a big fail.

After starting 8 hours late due to the unfortunate start time in my timezone, I died at 26 to sparking mages in Sins 2 or 3 after a single lonely spark hit me on half life as I was running out of range while shocked stacked. Lost my Poison Arrow gem. Remade and died to Hailrake on the mule lol. Made a new Mule and got Poison Arrow. Made a new Witch and died again at 23. New mule, new Poison Arrow. Day one and most of day 2 wasted.

Remade my final Witch and things were going well until I ran out of Dex for levelling my green gems and for using bows at some stage in Normal, so I was forced to switch to Freeze Pulse. Since I was super defensive this time and was focusing on area nodes and projectile damage, my minions sucked ass and re-summoning was a constant pain, but Freeze Pulse made levelling a bit easier once it levelled up a bit. Never did go back to using bows as I just couldn't sustain the Dex with the rubbish gear I had.

Had to pretty much face tank all the bosses, including Gravicious and Piety, with Freeze Pulse until I could get Spell Totem from Siren's Cadence in Cruel (I used Fire Trap for Brutus and partially for Weaver), but I found a Fairgrave's Tricorn early in Normal which made Fidelitas and Vaal fights a piece of cake.

Was level 58 on the final day and was just going to farm ledge until 60 and log off, but for some reason I decided to push on and fight Merciless Brutus (skelly brotem 15 minute snoozefest, but I did get grabbed once. Scared the shit out of me). Stopped to farm Coves for an hour or so before going back for Fairgraves, then on to Merveil where I nearly ripped.

Farmed Fellshrine for a bit but 75% of the monsters have cold res and the archer skeleton packs are brutal when you have no armour, and since I has max resists I moved on to Sins 1 with a couple of hours left. Farmed that for ages then for some reason, probably out of boredom, did Sins 2 and 3 and Fidelitas (who chased me half across Sins 1-shotting my totem. He was no joke. Tried to do Old Fields Cave mission next but had to GTFO of there immediately due to substantial damage elemental and cleave bears jumping on me right inside the entrance.

Went back to Sins and finished up there as there was no way I was surviving Merc Weaver or the Vaal Pyramid run with my current gear/build. So final day I went from 58 to 66 which I was pretty pleased with. It's my 4th highest level char ever (have a 72 Shadow in Ons and a 68 Ranger and Witch in Standard).

My rubbish passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gdjB6UI9A-rF1QZihzcIoEkPCaVJ6kqWyycLUctgzGINns4GzvhPV9Cw0k6SVFJskyxUEJSU1M1VUtVrlYtVytabWHibRltbG17crtzU3kDfll_xoIQh9uLeow2jjyPppMnlwaXlZf0m7WhIqJAoqOnK6dcrH-1SLvjvJ_AVMHzwzrEostBzkjSGdQZ1tHfhN-w4vfjn-d08Xb0-P66

My final gear:
Spoiler

Other notable finds:
Spoiler

I've wanted a Soul Mantle for ages! Going to try to 6 socket/link it for my 63 Sporker when Onslaught finishes and it merges into HC :D

Also a big shoutout goes to Nico!!!!!, who with an hour or something left in the race, crafted the 5-link chest and gave it to me. Someone was giving it away in global and I whispered them. They had given it to Nico, then he contacted me and asked me what I needed on it. It was all blue sockets and he put the red on it, then Alted the Life and Fire Res. then he tried an failed on the Regal (can't win them all), but it was super cool of him to do it anyway, so big thanks Nico. You're a legend that lives, Exile ;)

In the end I finished #120 overall(#74 of the alive ones) and #22 Witch (#13 of the alive ones). Pretty huge achievement for me.

See you all in the regular season. Peace.
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits
Last edited by IronMask75 on Oct 6, 2013, 7:56:06 AM
As #1 in the one week I would just like to dedicate this song to everyone alive at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

Like the great master nike said: just do it.
If ya need something @chimberly

Like the great measter Nike said: Just do it.
My first turbo race and I must say this was so much fun. I went about 80% with a friend and 20% solo. My goal was to get to level 70, and with 20 hours left of the race I was only 52. Grinded the last 18 levels with only 2 hours of sleep and got my level 70! Can't wait for the next week race!
"
Chimberly wrote:
As #1 in the one week I would just like to dedicate this song to everyone alive at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

Like the great master nike said: just do it.

xD awesome job
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info