[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Forget to socket Hatred gem after changing my gear lol.. Thank you!
What about Rampart node?It seems very good to me and its not vey far away.
In my opinion considering the passives you need to spend to get it it's not worth it ... but it's not that bad and you feel like it then sure - grab it ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi
i have big problems with the Packs u jump out of a rare monster in the one month season they kill me really fast when in stay there. Any tips ?

Can't really help you with the one month. I have no experience with this build in this 1m event and i can't really say how viable it is there )since it is much difficult than the regular leagues ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Glad to see Flicker Strike is still viable after all the nerfs. I will probably build a flicker striker again once I'm done with my trapper.

Man, my old shadow dual claw FS was so much fun (even though he had no resists and health).

I'll use your build for sure. Thanks again for providing great guides!
First off all thanks for great build KorgothBG, it's second one after Facebreaker build which i use from you. I made this build on flashback 1month event with little changes in tree (mostly because lack of resistances from my items - easier on standard XD). For now lvl83 and 22%, challenges 19/20 - only level 85 left and i'm sure i get it and this fuc.. helm :) It's little hard on flashback especially with Beyond League Mods (beyond bosses are really scary without hugh amount of armour XD) but still viable. I use Arctic Armour instead herald of ash and Starkonja's Head for 50% dmg reduction and 50% global evasion on low life. Still hard but not so much especially with good life and mana leech and good items which i dont have (only 5L Daresso bought, rest of items self finding)

On Standard i thinking about use this build with soul taker which is really cheap now (no need legacy only mana/skill option needed) and second 300+ pdps 1h axe in dual build, of course with little changes in tree (dervish instead of Destroyer, Blade Barrier and Ambidexterity instead Wrecking Ball And Executioner and Strong Arm Instead Butchery. This make helps with mana issues even if dps is little less but maybe i miss something about dual wielding with this build and KorgothBG helps :)

It's my tree on flashback 1month:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwFLQd1CZYNjRNMFCAV7BfhIVUj9ib4JyAs-zBxMHcwfDWSOQ453TpCPs9DMUPnR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qTjJQR1FHU7tZ_loaW69eE15FXz9hIWRSZU1lp287dO12rHfjeA14enloe3R82YTZhO-FUodqh3aKIorwjX2Nv5AKkvOXeaOKqSepbqmUrY2uULXyuR29Nr3mvqe_1cAawKbBBMGjwzPKkM9-1CPYvdlh2sHcPd2o4mHjn-RR5LHpRuoY6wnuDu8O9zL46_rr_MU=?accountName=Jack82&characterName=DragonChild

And my gear in this event:

As you see my gems still without any quality :)

Sorry for my bad english. GL

I forgot: Molten Strike i use for single target instead of frenzy only beacause i used this skill for lvl-ing and i want it lvl20^^ it's nice enough and with blood rage still create frenzy charges
Last edited by Jack82 on Oct 25, 2015, 5:30:20 AM
I'm glad that this build works ok for you Jack :)

As for the dual wielding ... well here are my thoughts and why i really don't see a reason to dual wield with flicker strike.
You see flicker strike is not a dual wield attack, that means that you alternate your weapons per hit. Because of that you deal the damage of only one of your weapons at a time. On the plus side you get more attack speed that way ... but that actually doesn't help at all in this case. With alternating weapons per attack you deal significantly less damage per hit, because of that it becomes a lot harder to kill monsters with less hits ( thus spending less frenzy charges per pack of monsters ) and that leads to loosing frenzy charges faster than gaining them... and that leaves you with no frenzy charges much more often and as someone who played this build you know that this is the last thing that you want to happen to you.
Basically there is nothing ... and i repeat ... absolutely nothing good about dual wielding with flicker strike. Or at least i can't thing of anything.

One-handed weapon + sword for example would be a much better choice if you want to use a one-handed weapon. But the problem with lots of small hits when you need big hits ( even if not many per second ) remains here.

As always i would encourage you to try it out and see for yourself :) Perhaps it would turn out good or at least good enough :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 25, 2015, 7:21:59 AM
Thoughts on using an Abyssus? Obviously the crit multiplier is useless, but since this build stacks so much phys damage, 40-60 added phys seems pretty significant. And since we flicker everywhere its hard to get hit by phys damage anyways, think its worth using if I can afford to drop the stats on a rare helm?
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
If you can afford loosing the stats on your current helmet and if you don't mind the downside ( don't forget about the physical reflect ) then sure. In my opinion though Abyssus is an unnecessary risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info