[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hi there, great looking thread first off, really useful and the explanations of why you use certain skills is really helping my own approach to the game. I'm pretty new to this and I haven't read all 88 pages but is there any hint of how leveling should go? At what point to introduce flicker strike and what early level skills would be useful to make the transition simpler. It might be an obvious question to most but this would really help. ATM I'm just using cleave and molten strike to work my way through Normal. Any other leveling pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
Well JellyFooFoo i'll start with the answer to the question "At what point to introduce flicker strike " and that is when you equip the Blood Dance unique boots at level 44. What to use up to this point ? Well Path of Exile doesn't get challenging at all up to act 3 cruel ( unless yo have absolutely no idea what you are doing ) and you reach level 44 at around the end of act 1 cruel. So with all that said it doesn't really matter what attack skill you are using until then. Cleave is a good choice indeed, so is ground slam ( if you are using a mace or a staff ) and really any aoe skill will do.

Do a 4L gem setup like:
AoE Attack of your choice + faster attacks + melee physical damage + fortify
and you are good to go ( you could do the same setup with a single target attack too for bosses etc ... but there really isn't any need to do that )
Run just hatred so that you can have plenty of mana to spend... and yes, pretty much that's it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi! i've been testing the build and I have to say that I like it a lot. I've seen some things that I would want an opinion.

1.-First of all, I'm level 54, and I already have resolute tecnique. The thing is that sometimes I flicker around a monster and I dont touch him at all. I think that the sound of a flicker that touches and one that not its different. Could it be that I dont have enough acuracy? The other option I think it could be is that my pc and internet are like crap and maybe it goes out of sync? Also in the char of the flicker strike the chances to hit are 100%

2.-The mana. I have a little problem with this. By now my flicker strike costs me 62, and with the two auras all mana that I have is 102. By luck I have a hallowed mana potion that only consumes 4 of 32 charges, so when i'm flickering i just keep spending it while killing enemies recharges the flask. Also I use poachers mark as a curse to help me with the mana. How do you deal with mana? I already have revelry but I feel like its not enough.

3.-The other think is about CWDT. I've been using poachers mark because what I said before, but I feel that as CWDT should trigger something more "defensive" like Temporal chains, What curse do you usually use?
3.1.-The other thing is the movement skills like flame dash and lighting wrap. Do you use any? I've been testing with CWDT linked with poachers mark, flame dash and lighting wrap. So when i'm hit I curse, make a flame dash and a lighting wrap. Do you thing its a good idea? I've been testing it and I feel that its really useful, because it makes you fly whit some dangers like AOE Spells, and you dont really care because you are flying anyway because of the flicker.

Thanks! ;)
1. You can't miss once you have RT. This sounds like a desync isuue. Do you play poe with predictive mode and not with lockstep mode?

2. 2 words - mana leech. Try to get some from a ring/amulet or maybe from a unique item (I.e. slitherpinch, wurms molt etc.) Even the smallest amount makes a huge difference.

3. Offensive auras (incl poacher's mark) are not that effective with cwdt because you don't always get them when you actually need them. I use temp chains. Both temp chains and enfeeble are great choices for a cwdt curse.

3.1. I haven't tried that. Sounds like a good idea thought I would like it personally ... it gets even more teleporty and it invokes some bad d2 memories ( yes I'm talking about you oculus ). But yeah sounds like a clever idea to me! Gratz on coming up with it ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
1.- Well, since i'm like a little nob I dont know neither. What is this?

2.-ok, I will try. Just curious, how much mana does it cost you flicker and how much mana do you have?

3.-Well I've been trying it and personally I like it. And I think that a skilled player can make it even better, because if you are fast enough I think that when the flame dash triggers you still have time to put your mouse where the lighting warp you want to go (thats just a theory, I must try it). And for example when you fight a boss or a player its when it becomes really really useful, because thats when you get hit with big amounts of damage, so it triggers nearly any time they touch you. I think that flicker strike Is one of the only builds that this combination is good, because you dont have to point where you want to hit. You can take it ;) and tell me what your thougs are about it.

PD: great memories of D2 ;) I'm a veteran too. Though i've nevere played with the fucking oculus sorcerer
1. Ok well now I'm going to improve your poe experience by ... a lot. In the gameplay options menu of the game, on top of it actually, if I recall correcly, there is an option where you can choose between predictable mode ( with desync. .. which is unbearable for flicker strike) which is the default setting and lockstep mode ( completely awesome and desync free ) change it asap and change your poe for the better :)

2. That's... something that I can't tell you right now because I'm not on my pc... tomorrow ill tell you.

3. Well ill try it for sure.
1.-Hi! I've tested it. The thing is that my current pc is like shit, and as I tested it works better with predictable. With other better pc's I tested it works better with lockstep. But thanks for the hint! I'm currently watching for a better pc.

2.-Mana leach definitely has been the solution. I've just taked 2 nodes that I will take out when I dont need them anymore.

3.-I've been testing it a bit more and I think that lightining wrap is not necessary. With flame dash you instantanially move, and you sure are about to cast flicker strike, so a delayed teleport its useless I think. So I was thinking what could be interesting and I though about Spell Echo, my idea was that you could curse twice times, but I testet id and I seems Spell echo dont work neither with poachers mark neither with flame dash and I dont really know why. On the other hand I think that increased area of effect its the other good option so you can curse more.
Maybe there are other that I dont know...

And also if you are doing a Hakus mission you have to take out flame dash, if not any time you cast it automatically you will lose the kitava and will have to return to take it.

Spell echo and CWDT do not mix. ;)

As for the Haku missions , yup the same is true for every movement skill ( leap slam, whirling blades etc. )
Hi again! I've been testing with flame dash and I think its a good thing to put with CWDT with a curse. I've seen that when you are hit with a mele hit flame dash makes you run away, and when you are hit with a distance hit it usually makes you move to the origin, its not really useful with flicker strike, but still interesting.

The thing that still makes me think its whats the 4 gem to put with CWDT+FlameDash+Curse.
I've been testing with phase run, but its pointless since it removes all the frenzy charges. Also lignting wrap as a delayed transport its not really useful.

The options i've been thinking its the increased area of effect as you said or blind for the flame dash or even Blood rage, so if you are not being capable to kill you dont need to cast it yourself.
You think there is any other better idea?
Well there isn't really anything else that you could use at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info