[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
Cyzax wrote:
"
HyP_ wrote:
1 charge from the frenzy attack, 1 charge from blood dance, 1 charge from bloodrage...

Its a little old but i think it's still valid:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
It is intended that you only gain 1 charge per skill use, despite the use of multiple projectiles, multistrike, or any repeating mod.

This is the same with many other cases as listed, including Power Siphons culling strike when killing more than one enemy with an attack.

A number of descriptions are not as informative as we would like, and constant improvements are being made to those whenever possible, this information should be more clear in the future.

I stand corrected. That would explain the inconsistency I saw.

EDIT: Thinking of it, maybe Multistrike is still a good idea... You only get one charge from the Frenzy skill itself, but if you use it on weak whites, your three strikes may hit three different targets and kill them all, thus granting more chance to get charges from the other two sources... *ponder*
Switching a L16 Multistrike with a L19 Added Fire dropped the DPS. Higher DPS is useful against single-target, though Multistrike would also drop charge generation against such as well... *ponders some more*

I use Frenzy for single target DPS and theres no other gem that increases your DPS as much as multistrike, even giving only 1 frenzy per cast it still worthy it imo. I use Frenzy + multi + faster attacks + physical dmg.
Yup multistrike can be good, it depends on what are you using it for.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I rather like using a stick and move approach to bosses. Flicker until you can't any more, then get 2-3 frenzy attacks in (depending on boss / danger), then flicker again to help avoid damage. If there are adds that spawn you'll hardly ever need to stop flickering.
"
meep_42 wrote:
I rather like using a stick and move approach to bosses. Flicker until you can't any more, then get 2-3 frenzy attacks in (depending on boss / danger), then flicker again to help avoid damage. If there are adds that spawn you'll hardly ever need to stop flickering.

And that's exactly how i handle bosses too.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
This awesome guide.

KorgothBG: I love this! My main is a TS ranger (derp), and I've been looking to branch into a melee character. I've always liked the idea of Flicker Strike but I could never find a build that I liked--until I discovered yours!

I just have one question (so far):

1. How do you recommend leveling pre-44?

I remember in 1.3 leveling my totem marauder pre-totems was... well, it was hell. I'm hoping you (or someone else!) can offer advice on efficient leveling skills to use before Flicker Strike is viable.

(I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere significantly earlier in the thread; I have only read the initial posts and those since 2.0 was released.)

Thanks!
I re-rolled a flicker duelist on Warbands, and this build is hella fun! Thanks for the great guide!

I would like to add that the new Bronn's Lithe is a great chest piece to use for this build. It has high evasion, move and attack speed, and the ~40% increase to damage for movement skills that they added to it is great for flicker strike. If you can off-color enough of the sockets to red you can also use it for your flicker strike set up to get +2 levels to your flicker strike gem. It's also a very cheap unique, got mine for 5 chaos
@dmm8686
Well i personally think that leveling from 1-44 is extremely easy and fast with ... pretty much everything ... use ground slam/ice crash/cleave/sweep whatever you like the most. It really takes around 4 hours to get to 44.

@LoklanZFG
Bronn's lite has some good qualities but it is far from the other options in my opinion. Btw +2 levels of flicker strike = 3.2% base damage
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@dmm8686
Well i personally think that leveling from 1-44 is extremely easy and fast with ... pretty much everything ... use ground slam/ice crash/cleave/sweep whatever you like the most. It really takes around 4 hours to get to 44.

Thanks! I know it should be quick; I'm just really inexperienced with leveling as a melee... the only experience has been my totem mara, which as I said was not fun.
Well in my opinion melee is probably the fastest way to level up just get some dirt cheap uniques and you are good to go
"
LoklanZFG wrote:
I would like to add that the new Bronn's Lithe is a great chest piece to use for this build. It has high evasion, move and attack speed, and the ~40% increase to damage for movement skills that they added to it is great for flicker strike. If you can off-color enough of the sockets to red you can also use it for your flicker strike set up to get +2 levels to your flicker strike gem. It's also a very cheap unique, got mine for 5 chaos

Its a good chest to use while lvling but nowhere near as good as the other options for late game (Daresso/Belly/Lightning Coil). No life, no resists, no defense mechanism and the offensive stats aren't that great to compensate (if it was MORE damage it would be great, but just INCREASED damage doesnt give much) the +2 lvl to gem is only 3,2% base dmg (from 160,4 to 163,6), nothing impressive.

For lvling until you can get the needed gems i find double strike/cleave very effective, usually one/two hit everything if you have the right lvling uniques.
Last edited by HyP_ on Jul 22, 2015, 3:49:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info