[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

That makes sense. Thanks!
Who has tried a flicker build in HC?
"
Cyzax wrote:
From your section about the Frenzy skill...
Don't link it to Multistrike - you'll hit three times but you'll get only 1 frenzy charge!

I don't think this is correct. I've just tested it several times, and if your target survives a hit, you'll get a charge for the next hit as well. If the target doesn't survive the first hit (and there is no more targets in range), then you only get one charge.

No it doesnt, im 100% with Korgoth in this one, Frenzy+Multi only gives 1 frenzy per cast, it has always been this way.

"
HyP_ wrote:
No it doesnt, im 100% with Korgoth in this one, Frenzy+Multi only gives 1 frenzy per cast, it has always been this way.

Then how do you explain me having 0 Frenzy charges, pressing the Frenzy mouse key once, hit 3 times, and have 3 charges afterwards?

Admittedly it doesn't seem entirely consistent, but I tried it quite a few times before making the comment.

How does poacher mark and curse on hit work for this build?
Do I have to link them to flicker strike for it to work, or I just need to have those 2 linked for any hit to trigger it?
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
HyP_ wrote:

Then how do you explain me having 0 Frenzy charges, pressing the Frenzy mouse key once, hit 3 times, and have 3 charges afterwards?

Admittedly it doesn't seem entirely consistent, but I tried it quite a few times before making the comment.

1 charge from the frenzy attack, 1 charge from blood dance, 1 charge from bloodrage...

Its a little old but i think it's still valid:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
It is intended that you only gain 1 charge per skill use, despite the use of multiple projectiles, multistrike, or any repeating mod.

This is the same with many other cases as listed, including Power Siphons culling strike when killing more than one enemy with an attack.

A number of descriptions are not as informative as we would like, and constant improvements are being made to those whenever possible, this information should be more clear in the future.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361552/page/1

"
verozo wrote:
How does poacher mark and curse on hit work for this build?
Do I have to link them to flicker strike for it to work, or I just need to have those 2 linked for any hit to trigger it?

You have to hit with the attack to which the curse on hit gem is linked. I use it on my vengeance for ex...
Last edited by HyP_ on Jul 18, 2015, 11:56:50 PM
When's a good time to switch a new character over to actually using Flicker? Obviously 44 would be the lowest since you need Blood Dance, but should you go even further than that before making the switch?

Also, is this build doable with a Tabula Rasa for the chest? Can't really afford a great 5L, let alone a 6L, but I did have a Tabula drop earlier for me. Or will the loss of chest stats be too much?
@dbush2765
Level 44 is a good enough time to switch to flicker in my opinion.
Now is it doable with tabula rasa... it depends on what you mean by "doable". Sure you can go a long way with a tabula but eventually you'll need to switch to a real chest.

@Cyzax
"
HyP_ wrote:
1 charge from the frenzy attack, 1 charge from blood dance, 1 charge from bloodrage...

Exactly. After testing the frenzy + multistrke again i've found out that there was no change. I was wondering why you are so convinced and what actually you've experience to make you that convinced and what am i missing. And HyP_ figured it out! :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
HyP_ wrote:

Its a little old but i think it's still valid:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
It is intended that you only gain 1 charge per skill use, despite the use of multiple projectiles, multistrike, or any repeating mod.

This is the same with many other cases as listed, including Power Siphons culling strike when killing more than one enemy with an attack.

A number of descriptions are not as informative as we would like, and constant improvements are being made to those whenever possible, this information should be more clear in the future.

I stand corrected. That would explain the inconsistency I saw.

EDIT: Thinking of it, maybe Multistrike is still a good idea... You only get one charge from the Frenzy skill itself, but if you use it on weak whites, your three strikes may hit three different targets and kill them all, thus granting more chance to get charges from the other two sources... *ponder*
Switching a L16 Multistrike with a L19 Added Fire dropped the DPS. Higher DPS is useful against single-target, though Multistrike would also drop charge generation against such as well... *ponders some more*
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 19, 2015, 7:01:35 AM
i would not use fortify for flicker strike. before awakening i only died when i was desynched. now we have lockstep and it should be much better.

you move around so much and never really get hit. you have so much safety from just flickering.

but for getting frenzy charges in those situations when no monsters are around. maybe frenzy + faster attacks + fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info