[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
meep_42 wrote:
"
o_osuper wrote:
Love the build, done it before the update and still doing it, just wondering do you really need the mana from Revelry? I'm thinking about getting one or two in the Essence Sap for mana leech, still have Slitherpinch and heve been wanting to switch it out. Also for cwdt I've been running a EK with blind and punishment, which looks pretty cool with its changes.
v

In playing some last night I definitely went OOM against bosses and beefier enemies. I need to see if a higher mana leech ring will do the trick otherwise I might need a little more in mana via jewels or nodes.

A little mana regen goes a long way. I crafted some mana regen onto a ring and it really improved things -- I also ditched the old flask I was using that stole mana... oops. I specced into the 0.2% mana leech in the ranger area as well and have zero issues sustaining now.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well if it really comes to that isn't just casting the curse way faster and easier to target the exact monster that you want cursed... and from afar on top of that

I don't think so, since we're not going for faster cast speed. The cyclone would cast it immediately and on the target you hit. And if you have enemies near you and need a curse, you'll probably get interrupted if you try to cast. Plus Cyclone's great for situations if you're stuck or without frenzy charges. Honestly it has just as much utility as a skill like leap slam or whirling blades.
IGN: Frazetta
I don't know man ... in such situations i just use Frenzy ... 100% chance to gain a charge on hit
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Just got into Merciless A1 and is L61. This build flattens everything!

Upgraded the equipment a bit :-p
Spoiler

Main problem I ran into in Merciless was maxing resists while having enough intelligence. I had to take a +30 INT node to do that.
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 17, 2015, 7:26:00 PM
From your section about the Frenzy skill...
Don't link it to Multistrike - you'll hit three times but you'll get only 1 frenzy charge!

I don't think this is correct. I've just tested it several times, and if your target survives a hit, you'll get a charge for the next hit as well. If the target doesn't survive the first hit (and there is no more targets in range), then you only get one charge.
Interesting.
I'm 100% positive that this was the case before. Haven't seen it being changed .. but i might have missed it. Gotta check it out.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Another thing... Since I had a gem slot to spare, I tried this combination.

Forget the HoA, but the other three fit well together I think.

With Increased Duration, the Blood Rage doesn't time out so often, and the Vaal Double Strike does a decent amount of Damage in itself, but more importantly the double lasts for 8+ seconds which is actually useful both for the damage and for the diversion.
Well of course Increased Duration + Blood Rage is nice if you have a free socket to spare. As for Vaal skills in general ... meh .. not my thing really but if you like it that's great :)
Is it alright to take survivalist instead of herbalism?
You need the life man. If you need resists grab Herbalism AND survivalist and get rid of survivalist when you no longer need the resists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info