[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

The thing is that both armour and leech stacking adress the same thing that at this point is a non-issue in Path of Exile - sustaining hits that don't one-shot you. The way armour works here (link to wiki) leads to one simple truth - it works well agains small hits, that won't kill you anyway (and you easily recover from them via even small amounts of leech), but it does nothing to hits that will one-shot you. At the moment you simply can't stack enough armour for it to be worth the investment (especially when you don't have a shield which is the N1 contributor when it comes to armour). And sadly saying that armour is pretty much useless when it matters is not an exaggeration. On the other hand while acrobatics is RNG based using it has no downside compared to stacking armour - you still survive the same hits but on top of that you have 40% chance to survive a hit that you otherwise wouldn't and of course it's worth mentioning that dodge mitigates not jsut physical damage but elemental and chaos hits as well, and with phase acrobatics you have an defense against spells. As for stacking leech - i'd say try palying with just the leech from blood rage , and then stack some more leech and see if there is any significant difference - i can tell you that there isn't any but first hand experience is always the best way to learn things, in the end you could take splitting strikes and vitality void if you feel the need for that and if you feel that it actually helps you out.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Nice to see this guide still going strong. :)

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Raider Ascendancy? I was thinking of giving it a try using your basic tree, just modifying a couple nodes to compensate for the Ranger starting area. Do you think Raider could compete with Slayer? The extra frenzy charge generation would allow you to drop Poacher's Mark for something better, and the double effect Onslaught looks good too--although maybe not as good as the Slayer's leech and cull. Hard to guess. Any thoughts?
That makes sense, I did go to level 90 (starting to map red maps) and I understand what your saying, and I'll keep it in mind.

thanks for the replay :]
@poe091
Honestly i think that the Slayer's leech, cull and splash outshines everything that the raider can offer when it comes to this build. If the frenzy generation per hit was enough to help you with boss fights then raider would probably be the better option but sadly with its 25% it's simply not enough (i'm saying this based on first hand experience).

@RedKirby4
Good luck! And post here the results i'm curious to see the end results :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Would adding poison from an item like Snakebite Assassin Mitts be worthwhile for damage at all?
Well it will add some extra damage indeed, though without further investment via passive skill tree, gear etc ... just as it is i don't think it's worth it. Feel free to try and see if you like the result though
Hi there back again and loving the build have actually been able to make some currency this league XD clearing maps fast and with realative ease currently using Kitava'a feast as Disfavour is carzy expansive currently. I had a relic version of the Blood dance boots drop from a key last night and was wondering if they are worth using over the Darkray vectors It does mean loosing lightning resist leaving me only 4% over capped not ideal but I can probably fix that easy enough with a new belt.

So are the blood dance worth it for the 6% regen at full charges?
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@poe091
Honestly i think that the Slayer's leech, cull and splash outshines everything that the raider can offer when it comes to this build. If the frenzy generation per hit was enough to help you with boss fights then raider would probably be the better option but sadly with its 25% it's simply not enough (i'm saying this based on first hand experience).

I was thinking the same, thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)
So I managed to 6-link my Kitava's Feast.
6-Link Kitava's Feast

I went ahead and did it, but is it worth speccing out of Impact since I get Melee Splash from the weapon and pick up Brutal Fervour?

EDIT: I'm also unable to move around solely with Leap Slam as I run out of mana after a few leaps. Do you have enough mana regen to handle constantly leaping, or do you not move long distances with it?

I linked it with Blood Magic to get infinite leap, but having increased attack speed from Culling Strike 20% would be nice for faster movement.
Last edited by zell580 on Mar 13, 2017, 3:35:26 PM
Yes respec out of Impact and take brutal fervour instead.

And Indeed Blood magic support gem is the way to go if you want to use leap slam as your primary source of movement after all culling strike gives only 10% increased attack speed - sure it's nice but in no way mandatory (or game changing)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info