[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

OP, thanks for the great build. Always wanted to try flicker strike and decided that this league I finally would. Currently at 81 and things are going smooth. This easily has the fastest map clearing speed of all the builds I've tried so far. Still have to improve my gear. Gloves I think I've had since the 40's. Had two exalts drop in the last two days so decided it was time to buy some fusing and work on 6L my Daresso. Ended up only using 120 and also got my axe 5L'd. The AW setup that someone else in the thread mentioned has been a huge QoL improvement for bosses and high life rares. The added dps means the boss is almost always dead when I run out of charges instead of needing to use frenzy to build them up for a second round of flicker. Sitting at 30k dps for AW 88k dps flicker at max charges with BR but not including flasks.

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by stoudtlr on Oct 12, 2016, 12:41:15 AM
Is this build Uber Atziri viable?
Hey there!
First of all I want to say thank you so freaking much for this great build!

I wanted to play flicker strike the whole time since I started playing this game (it has been a long, long time now), but people kept saying things like: oh no, flicker strike is way too expensive etc.
But this build is just like having a middle finger pointed to those people.

I did great leveling to 85 now without any problems but got a small problem now.

I finally got an Atziri axe and said to myself that I want to do the uberlab when I have it.
But when Izaro just pokes me I'm dead.

Do you maybe have any ideas how I could improve my gear or got any tips for him?
I watched your lab run video so see what I do wrong but you seem to just facetank him, what won't work for me somehow ...

Thanks for your help in advance!

My current Gear
Spoiler

Hey FRAKTUREZ,

The key to easily clear the uber Lab is to be able to facetank Izaro. To do so there is one thing for us to avoid : Getting onehitted.
We have good doge, greatest leech etc etc, but when the crap hits the fan we simply need a lifepool that lets use these strengths.

I had a look at your items and skilltree, which both seems fine with one exception.
Your gear simply does not have enough life. Almost any roll on them could have been doubled, another unique could have been used or the implicits suck.

To be more precise:
-Work on your gear. A plus of 30 life on rings/gloves is not good and should be switched for at least 50 life for endgame contont, as uber Izaro is pretty endgame.

-Do you really need that ring socket? Try getting the same resistances with more life on a ring that implicitly gives you life aswell! Yes it will be expensive and yes its worth it.

-Ever tried using Kaom's heart for daressos? Made me go up 7k life. It isnt "needed" but I always felt like daressos armor is great for maps and bad for bosses as you cant add endurance charges on a single mob.

-You took the marauder starting nodes with reg in them. While they are not bad, you could use those 4 points to get 2 additional jewel sockets which would lead to more maxlife (2 times +7%) and possibly a LOT more dmg (open end jewels are quite expensive though).

Hope I was of a little help. I myself havent had problem with Uber Izaro and used almost the same flask setup and skilltree (minor changes ofc, everybody goes his own way :3 ) so you sure will be able to do it aswell!

EDIT: Also for everyones information, I tried using Starforge and it was worse compared to my rare 570 DPS axe. With a legacy voidheart I guess it is pretty great , since you can use the additional sockets for DOT dmg and stuff but the phys alone wont be great. Also I couldnt see myself shock any enemies, which was my ultimate justification to even test it.
Last edited by Ezrael49 on Oct 16, 2016, 8:25:39 AM
Thanks a lot Ezrael, I will try out most things you said and see, if it can help me :)

Gear (especially rings)
Rings and amulets were always a thing I don't feel pretty used to in case of what rolls are best, what to improve and what's worth it at all. I will try to get more life on the rings without losing my capped resistances and nope, I don't need the socket at all, the ring was just effordable :x
Gloves are a thing which I wanted to replace the whole time :D

Armour
Using Kaom's for Daresso sounds interesting. If I get the money, I could try that out, tho my mind were the same as yours when I thought about the generation of endurance charges on single targets.

Skilltree
Changing the lifereg points to the jewel passive on the left side of the tree could be a good thing. I just have do see if I have enough lifereg without em when my bloodlust is active and don't having any frenzy charges (some neurosis of me haha).

You were a great help!
Hey KorgothBG

I am chinese POE player.
I played science 2.3 not quite long it took me 2 monthes to undersand this game.

NOW in china we have a big news that is we can play POE in china now!

i want to ask u 1 question that can i translate ur guid (also two hands smash guid) into chinese version? Wish it could help more POE player.

I will announce that its translate version and u r the original writer.

No need to worry copy issue i have been US for my high school and collge i know what should i do with
articles.

BTW Really awsome guide , i read it everynight before i sleep hahaha.

So I just hit 38 and using hatred +poacher/blasphemy leaves me without enought mana to cast a single flicker strike in a 6L setup.... Kinda weird xD Not a big deal atm cuz I can remoove hatred and still destroying everything easily but I am a bit worried for late game.
Sorry that i was away for a coupole of days guys ... so on to the answers:

@xxxAERO
Yes, though you have little room for error so you need to know what you are doing. If the real question is - "Is this an efficient Uber Atziri farmer?", then i have to say - "No, it's not."

@FRAKTUREZ
What Ezrael49 rings true for sure though i have to add some things. In Prophecy i've played with this build froms scratch once again and i was one of the first 10 people to kill Uber Izaro, that's with Hezmana, a 5L daresso and other quite unimpressive gear pieces, and at around level 83. So great gear, high level and tons of life help immensely but are not a necessity - what really helps is to do the previous boss rooms in such a way that you don't buff the end fight, try to dodge the dodgeable attacks of izaro and if you want to have a smoother experience overall - do the Uber lab on the day when the izaro version is the one with the mace.

P.S. Oh and of course the item that makes a HUGE difference is Taste of Hate ... but it is expensive and again .. far from necessary.

@tomtong1995
Well i've just answered your PM, but i'll answer here as well - Of course! i'd love to help as much people as i can! Translate away!

@Svink
Post me your gear because that is literally impossible. ( most likely you have a support gem linked to your blasphemy+ poachers mark , that increases the reserved cost )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for the tips aswell Korgoroth.
So I got way more life now (still not enough) and managed to do uberlab and Izaro so easy as I never did it before. I even had no problems with Argus and did let Izaro buff up both times.

For people who got the same problem: I got ~5k life now and failed when I had around ~4k.

Still loving this build and am doing low red tier maps now! :)

Edit: Taste of Hate is my next target I believe. Then I will aim for getting Disfavour or Daresso 6link :)
Last edited by FRAKTUREZ on Oct 18, 2016, 9:37:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info