[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well what can i say .. i've been playing this build in perandus with far from optimal gear ( hezmana axe, 5L daresso ) and got to 90 deathless, having no troubles with maps up to tier 12 and all that without a totem.

Now i have to say that a map level 77 isn't really a place for a character level 77. The char level to zone level in terms of difficulty in maps does not progress the same way it progresses until reaching maps. At this point level 90 is the point where a character and a build is considered completed, and needless to say 77 is far from that. In the end i don't know what your gear is too, i am also confused about your elemental resistances, you said that your lightning for example is 100%+ is that 100%+ with the -60% all res reduction in merciless? You said that your cold res is not capped yet, when having all resists capped at 75% is pretty much a requirement before entering any map.

Posting your gear and tree will surely help me to figure out what's missing ( besides the obvious things i've already mentioned )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 11, 2016, 1:50:49 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well what can i say .. i've been playing this build in perandus with far from optimal gear ( hezmana axe, 5L daresso ) and got to 90 deathless, having no troubles with maps up to tier 12 and all that without a totem.

Now i have to say that a map level 77 isn't really a place for a character level 77. The char level to zone level in terms of difficulty in maps does not progress the same way it progresses until reaching maps. At this point level 90 is the point where a character and a build is considered completed, and needless to say 77 is far from that. In the end i don't know what your gear is too, i am also confused about your elemental resistances, you said that your lightning for example is 100%+ is that 100%+ with the -60% all res reduction in merciless? You said that your cold res is not capped yet, when having all resists capped at 75% is pretty much a requirement before entering any map.

Posting your gear and tree will surely help me to figure out what's missing ( besides the obvious things i've already mentioned )

Yes, I believe I am currently overcapped in light/fire in merciless, so both are 75%+ and cold is slightly under, which I'll do some rebalancing today in jewelry from PoEtrade. Regardless, being 10-20% under cap in Cold resist is irrelevant for my issue - bosses punching me in the face hard for Physical. I understand my gear can get a little better - once I get 60-70HP+ on all rare pieces, and maybe 3-5% more evasion from armor - but at lvl 90, that's probably still around 4-4.5k HP.

Also, not really sure why you think a Lvl77 char can't handle a Lvl77 map. My character last league, in Prophecy, only hit lvl 87 and I was crushing T12-13 red maps. I'm generally accustomed to builds being able to do maps higher level than your character... this may not be the most efficient, but they were doable. I've never played a build where I was forced to grind maps 2-5 because I was afraid of dying on bosses in 6-7+ and losing exp. (Note, again, that I can handle trash in 6-7+, probably even 8-10 without issues. Trash explodes. It's really JUST the bosses / big single target HP pools that are giving me issues.)

My build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0HdQmWDHANjRNMFCAV7BfhIVUj9ib4JyAs-zBxMHcwfDWSOQ46Qj7PQKBDMUd-S3hM_02STipOMlBHUUdR2lO7Wf5aGluvXhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnbzt07Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673t0fNmE2YTvhVKGtIdqh3aKIorwjX2Nv5Ukl3mjiqU1qSepbqmUrY2uULKAtfK5Hb02vea-p7_VwBrApsEEwaPDM8qQz37UI9i92WHawdw93ajiYeOf5FHpRuoY6wnuDu8O9zL46_zF

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Oct 11, 2016, 2:28:33 PM
Well at level 90 you'll have +276 flat life just from leveling, + whatever gear upgrades you might get (50-150 life ) and +55% max life from your passive skill tree ( at the moment you are at 127% ) which easily nets you between 5000 and 5500 life.

Anyway ... about your defenses .. where oh where the hell is your Fortify !? Why do you lack any defensive flasks( Basalt Flask for example )? Also get a lion's roar flask - extra damage AND huge chunk of armour.

Oh and look for a better axe , yours is at 391 pDPS ( since the fire portion of it is completely irrelevant ) - you could easily get a 410+ hezmana for a few chaos orbs.

And last but not least - lower damage means that you need more charges to kill a boss and you'll need more time to do it and that makes you much more likely to die.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 11, 2016, 2:48:44 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Anyway ... about your defenses .. where oh where the hell is your Fortify !? Why do you lack any defensive flasks( Basalt Flask for example )? Also get a lion's roar flask - extra damage AND huge chunk of armour.

Oh and look for a better axe , yours is at 391 pDPS ( since the fire portion of it is completely irrelevant ) - you could easily get a 410+ hezmana for a few chaos orbs.

As I said, I just started the league (a month late) and haven't been doing great on currency drops. I literally made this character 2 days ago. All my rares are self found, but I have a some chaos now, so will likely reshuffle/pick up +life pieces tonight. I actually self-found a Tabula around lvl 45, which greatly helped my progression. I'd love a Lion's Roar, but I believe they are currently 13-15c, and I just barely started doing chaos recipes - so likely won't have much currency for a few days.

I just switched from Tabula -> Daresso, so i've had to drop 2 links, since I've used almost all my currency on fusings and best i've gotten is a 4L. Until I get at least the 5L, i've had to decide between Added Fire or Fortify - So I generally swap between them depending if I'm doing low maps or high maps.

I guess I could pick up a Hezmana, but I imagine it's much more priority to at least get my Daresso's to 5L so I can run fort + added fire, than adding 20 more physical dps.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Oct 11, 2016, 3:21:09 PM
"
KooperT wrote:

I guess I could pick up a Hezmana, but I imagine it's much more priority to at least get my Daresso's to 5L so I can run fort + added fire, than adding 20 more physical dps.

That is correct.
Hey :) Just wanted to share something I've done since my last questions. I had been thinking about the survivability of my build and really disliked the fact that I was losing half the armour on Daresso's, and elsewhere, due to Acrobatics. So I decided I needed to find a way to consolidate the build towards evasion. My answer was to get the following items:

The Bronn's gives a major increase to evasion rating as well as boosting the level of flicker strike, as well as adding 50% extra damage to it. Seeing as it adds no life, I decided to look into alternate boots; they would need to be evasion based and have life. Slink boots with an added max frenzy charge seemed to do the job. The movement speed is flat and not dependent on frenzy charges. The only real losses were the frenzy charge generation, and life regen. But seeing as we build with a ton of life leech, this is not a problem. In order to gain frenzy charges with absolute certainty I swapped out faster attacks for Ice Bite. It is generating frenzy charges no problem. I sit at 7 charges almost 100% uptime. The extra charge also means that on boss fights I can last that extra fue crucial seconds longer.

There are a couple more changes that I'm testing, but it seems like a really fruitful exercise to consolidate towards a purely evasion based life build.
You could get rid of ice bite as well. Blood Rage + poacher's mark gives more than enough frenzy charge generation.

The Atziri's step are a good way to increase your evasion and spell dodge while still getting great life and movement speed ( as long as you don't need any res of course ).

The chest though ... i would still stick to daresso .. yes, you get less evasion ( though this build doesn't really specialize in evasion .. at all .. ) but you get a flat chance to dodge attacks, you get life and you get endurance charge generation. But in the end if you feel fine with Bronn's Lithe then that's all that matters :)

P.S. I understand that you want to do a pure evasion build ... but the sad truth is that evasion itself is in a very sad state at the moment and it easily is the worst defensive mechanic in PoE at the moment.
Eh, I agree that evasion isn't the best for end game bosses. But this build isn't an end game boss killing build. I don't see flicker taking down guardians or shaper xD. I see it as centralised around end game map clearing, as quickly as possible. And it does this well, while being entertaining to play. The gained evasion chance and spell dodge is quite substantial; I yolo thorugh porcupines with no probelms, and bosses rarely get a hit off. (While flask increased Evasion Rating) But both sides definitely have their pros!
Good points indeed.

P.S. Oh because you've mentioned porcupines - cwdt + immortal call is all that you need for that :)
Yes, but your reasoning for Daresso's was to be able to yolo porcupines as well xD. IC with a 0.4 sec base with no endurance charges, it is common to rip to the quills :) Anyway, been having a great time with flicker, this guide has proven most useful! On to traps now. >:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info