[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
nothingtoxic wrote:
"
Snarl18 wrote:
Hi sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a progression guide for the skill tree? Thanks

You haven't even read the guide i guess? It has progression for all 2h weapon types

Ah got it thanks, I did read the guide but I didn't see the drop downs there.
Thanks for this guide. I made the slayer version and I am currently level 74 in Prophecy.

I followed the guide as close as I could but I feel my damage is really bad, especially single target.
I can sustain frenzy charges and mana no problem on single target, but the last T7 maps I have done I could not kill the bosses.

Here is my gear;
Spoiler

The only axe I can buy that does more damage seems to be a Disfavour :/ Cant afford that though.

Is there anything you can suggest?
Well first of all let's be honest - level 74 is pretty low.
Now what do you mean by "the last T7 maps I have done I could not kill the bosses" ? Do they kill you? Are you running out of frenzy charges? Exactly what is the issue ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
stratx wrote:
Thanks for this guide. I made the slayer version and I am currently level 74 in Prophecy.

I followed the guide as close as I could but I feel my damage is really bad, especially single target.
I can sustain frenzy charges and mana no problem on single target, but the last T7 maps I have done I could not kill the bosses.

Here is my gear;
Spoiler

The only axe I can buy that does more damage seems to be a Disfavour :/ Cant afford that though.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Why are you running t7 maps at level 74? That's first of all grossly inefficient and secondly waste of maps. Not to mention that if your gear and skilltree has not reached a certain threshold(depending on build) higher maps can be really dangerous. Try looking up the xp penalty calc. At 74 you should be runnning stuff like tropical islands and mountain ledges.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

"
Why are you running t7 maps at level 74? That's first of all grossly inefficient and secondly waste of maps. Not to mention that if your gear and skilltree has not reached a certain threshold(depending on build) higher maps can be really dangerous. Try looking up the xp penalty calc. At 74 you should be runnning stuff like tropical islands and mountain ledges.

I don't want to get into an argument, but following the Axe tree in the guide means I have all of my damage nodes minus level 90+ jewel sockets. Which is why I posted my question.

Besides that point; "At level 74, you will gain 100% experience from monsters of level 74." Which is T7. I have plenty of maps to waste this late in the league, not that this matters.

If gem levels, gem quality and a Disfavour is all I can really do for more damage than that is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks for your reply.
Last edited by stratx on Aug 2, 2016, 4:37:26 PM
"
stratx wrote:

"

I don't want to get into an argument, but following the Axe tree in the guide means I have all of my damage nodes minus level 90+ jewel sockets. Which is why I posted my question.

Besides that point; "At level 74, you will gain 100% experience from monsters of level 74." Which is T7. I have plenty of maps to waste this late in the league, not that this matters.

If gem levels, gem quality and a Disfavour is all I can really do for more damage than that is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks for your reply.

Your theory is wrong. Maybe you get more exp, but you are really slow. You can run tropical island in a minute or less. for your t7 you need much longer. so the exp per minute is not good.

I have a similiar axe like you, using a 5l daresso and my dmg is at lvl 85 absolute fine. i finished uber lab at first try and just killed twinned dominus enfeebled. my tooltip was maybe 8k.

i dont think the dmg is your dmg but your lifepool.
this build is no dmg glascannon its a balanced build with good survivebility. so just take your time if you want to do t15 bosses.
"
oedipat wrote:
"
stratx wrote:

"

Thanks for your reply.

Your theory is wrong. Maybe you get more exp, but you are really slow. You can run tropical island in a minute or less. for your t7 you need much longer. so the exp per minute is not good.

I have a similiar axe like you, using a 5l daresso and my dmg is at lvl 85 absolute fine. i finished uber lab at first try and just killed twinned dominus enfeebled. my tooltip was maybe 8k.

i dont think the dmg is your dmg but your lifepool.
this build is no dmg glascannon its a balanced build with good survivebility. so just take your time if you want to do t15 bosses.

This makes a bit more sense. I have similar tooltip when at 6 frenzy charges ~8.4K. I guess I was just expecting different results. The bosses I was having trouble with were Terrace and Torture Chamber. Terrace because I couldn't out dps his regen and Torture Chamber because of the totems.

Right now my life is just over 4K and I am fully ascended.

Also, not sure which theory you meant;

The "At level 74, you will gain 100% experience from monsters of level 74." is true. And the speed I clear the trash? mobs is pretty consistent except for enfeeble mod.

Only being able to get more damage from Disfavour/gem levels/gem quality/jewel sockets still seems true to me.
Considering how popular this build is, I was wondering if you would take a look at an alternate passive tree for me: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0Jlgm7C2EMcA0fDjwTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGlUm-CefLlMwdzGeNZI26DkOOlI64TwFPCg8LT38QYdDMUd-SdVN404yUEdYY1n-WhpfP2EhZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjydO12rHh6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoWnhmCGtIdqivCMz5d5nL6f36IApTWmV6knqZStja4-rlCvbLKAtz65HbyfvTa-p8BmwaPDM8auypDPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHiYeRR6UbqGOsJ7w7vfPAf8kHyRfNv8932SPcy-Ov56PxL_gr-a_6P

Mathil just recently posted it, and it's similar to this one on the bottom but it goes completely the other way as far as right vs left side of the passive tree. Just wondering how that will change things as far as playing the build, ease of use, stuff like that. Both setups apparently play very well, but I'm wondering about the differences.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Considering how popular this build is, I was wondering if you would take a look at an alternate passive tree for me: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0Jlgm7C2EMcA0fDjwTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGlUm-CefLlMwdzGeNZI26DkOOlI64TwFPCg8LT38QYdDMUd-SdVN404yUEdYY1n-WhpfP2EhZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjydO12rHh6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoWnhmCGtIdqivCMz5d5nL6f36IApTWmV6knqZStja4-rlCvbLKAtz65HbyfvTa-p8BmwaPDM8auypDPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHiYeRR6UbqGOsJ7w7vfPAf8kHyRfNv8932SPcy-Ov56PxL_gr-a_6P

Mathil just recently posted it, and it's similar to this one on the bottom but it goes completely the other way as far as right vs left side of the passive tree. Just wondering how that will change things as far as playing the build, ease of use, stuff like that. Both setups apparently play very well, but I'm wondering about the differences.

hm i dont like lifebased/armor builds with flickerstrike. the synergy of "jumping around"-dodge/eva-daressos defiance-cwdt is so amazing. i dont need to boost my armor and lifepool for some rare hits..

aaand its dealing less dmg i think. im not sure about the amount of aoe increases to the dmg, but he misses all the 2h dmg on the bottom. and this build needs every dmg note you can pick up.
Thanks for the ideas.

What do you think of using a Voidheart for this build? Poison + Bleed seems like it would be a nice bonus. Possibly even replacing the other ring with doedre +1 curse ring. Basically, lose hatred but instead get vulnerability?

Not sure. This assumes you can cover resists/stats somewhere off rings though...

Also, seriously considering going with brutal fervour instead of impact and just using increase AoE gem instead of fire damage gem, fervour is just so nice to have and all it costs is the fire gem.

Also also, how does this build do without EQ or some backup attack? Things like core or uber don't do too well with flicker, do they? Or can this build handle them without using a bigger hitter?
Last edited by sutasafaia on Aug 2, 2016, 10:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info