[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Honestly, before you get the frenzy charges on the board, and if you only have access to a 4L, I personally think leveling up using earthquake is smoother.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
This build got absolutely destroyed by the 'Void anomaly' boss, just a level 70 map. Honestly that boss is harder than twinned dominus (first form) was for me. I feel like I'd have better luck running a twinned temple map and dealing with 2 piety clones shooting lighting at me than 'void anomaly'. Anyway, use earthquake on void anomaly, and the fight is 1000x easier. Another boss fight I'd recommend avoiding is the Museum bosses. One of them was a titty bitch that had multiple projectiles + chain and freaking instagibbed me with 4800HP while I was picking off the adds. I didn't have much of a problem with the tier 7-10 bosses I faced.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about mate...

Museum map with 21% life, extra boss damage and speed and 68% extra damage as fire, monsters poison on hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcSeH6XH7o&feature=youtu.be
Quarry map with extra boss damage, extra boss speed, monsters deal 64% extra damage as fire, monsters poison on hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pvB6Wd0FtU&feature=youtu.be

both boss fights done with Kaom's Primacy ( 1c item ), NO belt ( at all ), no taste of hate, on 5L

@Coatesy
Thank you ... well ... i try my best :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 6, 2016, 1:32:10 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@SongOfDoom
The skill is Vaal Grace

@alecs87 ( and anyone that has mana problems )
I've noticed that you don't have melee splash support gem. Do you have the Melee splash ascendancy passive from slayer? If you don't... then start using melee splash ASAP !!!!!

I thought that this is pretty evident but so far i had a couple of guys who were running without any melee splash and were wondering why they have mana issues ... well that's the reason. Melee splash allows you to gain mana on hit via poacher's mark from EACH enemy hit.

P.S. I must say that Wings of entropy is a very weapon choice due to the low amounts of physical damage that it has. All of the unique weapons mentioned in the guide are much better options ( and most of them are still very cheap )

Thanks for input... I still have to play a bit with the gems as i didn't manage to get the sockets colors as wanted. I do have the ascendancy, therefore I have removed mele splash gem. I assume my mana problem comes from the fact that I still don't 1 shot mobs..

Also I use WoE as that was the only 2H unique I had. I will get the Atziri axe in the near future.

"
alecs87 wrote:
I assume my mana problem comes from the fact that I still don't 1 shot mobs..

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Poacher's mark alone gives you 10 mana per hit at say the low level of 14, and with multistrke you perform 3 attacks per 1 click so that's 30 mana IF you are hitting only 1 target. Say you are hitting 2 target at the same time with your splash that's 60 mana per 1 cast ( which already covers the cost of flicker strike ) .. and that's without counting so many other helpful things like : higher level poacher's mark, hitting more monsters at the same time, having some mana leech, your mana regen...
I'm honestly baffled how you can experience any mana issues at all .. that's a mystery that really bothers me because i still can't figure it out!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What is your opinion on going for the rampart node rather than the random phys damage and health nodes near the marauder start? In relation to your sword 100 point tree and also maybe blade of cunning instead of razors edge, 1 less node and no wasted accuracy bonus?
In my opinion the 6 points that you need to spend to get rampart are not worth it.

As for "blade of cunning instead of razors edge" i haven't taken any of them.

Razors edge is 6 points for 62% physical ( or ~10.2% physical per point )
Blade of cunning is 5 points for 44% physical and 8% attack speed ( or 8.8% physical and 1.6% attack speed per point )

Both are just worse compared to any random physical node you have immediate access to ( like those in the marauder and duelist start )
My opinion: I agree that Blade of Cunning is too far away, and don't pick it up either. I really wish I could justify picking it up because of leech bonuses you get from Slayer.

I do get Slashing Comeback, Razor's Edge, and Blade Master for my sword tree though. I gain 156% sword damage and 16% attack speed compared to Korgoth's sword tree, but lose 18% life and 62% melee physical damage.

Also I kind of like the bleeding from Razor's Edge, helps with Crematorium boss :)
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Apr 7, 2016, 11:31:37 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
alecs87 wrote:
I assume my mana problem comes from the fact that I still don't 1 shot mobs..

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Poacher's mark alone gives you 10 mana per hit at say the low level of 14, and with multistrke you perform 3 attacks per 1 click so that's 30 mana IF you are hitting only 1 target. Say you are hitting 2 target at the same time with your splash that's 60 mana per 1 cast ( which already covers the cost of flicker strike ) .. and that's without counting so many other helpful things like : higher level poacher's mark, hitting more monsters at the same time, having some mana leech, your mana regen...
I'm honestly baffled how you can experience any mana issues at all .. that's a mystery that really bothers me because i still can't figure it out!

well thats because my gem is not leveled and only gives 8mana/hit at level 8. even if it hits 3 times, that's 24mana.

But if it hits 1 target, like a boss for ex, that's 8 mana/hit. Flicker costs 10mana.. so there is the mana problem. It seems like that mana leach on ring doesnt solve it. I assume when gem will be leveled mana problems will go away.
Hold on hold on ... are you using multistrike? If you are .. that's 3 hits at the cost of 1 while still getting mana for each of those hits. Which means at least 24 mana ( in your case ) per 1 mana spending while attacking a single target ... how often do you attack a single target though ? Even bosses are accompanied by a monster pack ... it's just beyond me how you even find a way to attack 1 enemy with each hit.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 7, 2016, 5:14:18 PM
This build is awesome love it thanks for the guide. I am level 81 been running 10 and 11 maps np. I changed a few things but still use the core of the build. I am going for the max amount of endurance charges as well as frenzy charges that i can get...im also using IC with cwdt so far its been great i have never suicided on a reflect mob but im sure i might the higher i go...no problems with mana because im using Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe i think it works great for this build lots of synergy...any way great guide thanks man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info