[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey Kor,

Great guide mate! Just a few questions.

I've been playing vol spark and looking to try a melee. How effective is this build at end game and how much currency should I be expecting to pump into it?

How does this build compare to others? I'm tossing up between this or a CoC build.

Cheers,
Coates
@kobo1d
Well indeed it really is more of a preference thing. For me - i've dropped the Darkrays because of the short frenzy charge duration, the horrific movement speed without frenzy charges ( always in towns/hideouts and from time to time in maps due to the previously said short frenzy charge duration ) and yes because of the immune to curses maps.

@XenoPOE
When you can generate enough frenzy charges to flicker constantly.

@Coatesy
How well is the build in end game? How does it compare to others ... well ... check the videos and decide for yourself.
How much to expect to pump in in terms of currency? Just like with most builds the bare minimum is probably around 2-3 ex and there isn't really a realistically reachable maximum - you know... perfect gear, 4-5 mirrored items etc.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Im having some mana issues around level 51 ish. how do i get over that?
I expect that you are using Poacher's mark.

Now are you using melee splash support gem?
If the answer is "NO":
Star using one ASAP dammit! :)

If the answer is "YES":
Read the passive skill tree section of the guide. ( tl;dr get revelry and/or a mana leech pasive )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Due to some reoccurring question i've added a "frequently asked questions" section ( i'll add an image for the section later today ) which answers the ones that i can thing of and i'll add new ones when needed.

I hope that helps a bit! :)
Just saved up 40 chaos to start leveling this build, super excited.

Thanks again for the awesome guide. Best looking, easy to follow and read build guide I've seen.

Have you ever considered doing a video guide Korgoth?

Anyone know some helpful leveling uniques I should get to speed up the process?
Last edited by Coatesy on Apr 6, 2016, 11:29:13 AM
Well i've been thinking about making a video guide ... but because i'm not a native English speaker i don't feel entirely comfortable explaining things in English ... listening, writing, reading in it ... that's all fine ... but i rarely have the chance to speak it so ... yeah :D
CoC has faster killing speeds, and works better on teams. This build is heavily reliant on being able to do enough damage to kill massive groups of mobs without running out of frenzy charges. I've been stuck in a pile of mobs before, out of frenzy charges and have gotten stunlocked to death very quickly. The more HP mobs have, the more often that's going to happen. I tried a team of 3, and CoC guy I teamed with who comparatively, didn't have gear much better than I did was wiping out groups and leaving me behind. Not because I sucked but because I lacked the DPS to efficiently mow down groups like I would if I was soloing.

Here is the gear I'm using. Sitting at around 4800HP. With the stone golem out + frenzy charges up I got around 500/sec HP regen which is really nice, but blood rage eats into some of that. I got enough HP regen where blood rage + standing on consecrated ground doesn't lower my HP bar any. With all buffs up (including flasks, don't have taste of hate yet) I'm doing 14k hits @ 0.14 attack speed.

I feel like the blood rage + blood dance combo gives me plenty of frenzy charges, and that poachers mark is redundant if you use blood dance. So I swapped out poachers mark for herald of ash. That also opens up more of my mana bar. If I could afford a max level enlighten, which is WAY out of my budget for this league, I would consider using Grace for extra evades. Grace would push my evades into the 15k+ range, and mobs would have to check past chance to dodge and evade consecutively to get a hit in on me, and this might allow me to face tank some fights a bit easier.

The Kongor's I'm using only cost me 5 chaos on poe.trade. That was with 6s included, high rolls to. That's probably the 2nd best weapon for this build (not including really uber rolled rares) behind Atziri's disfavor.

For anyone who's interested in trying out earthquake on this build, here is the links I use for a 5L

Earthquake + melee physical + less duration + multistrike + faster attacks. If you got a 6L throw in added fire. Boss fights that don't have a lot of adds to sap frenzy charges from, or bosses that got too much HP to take out with flicker + full frenzy charges, IMO, earthquake is much, much safer to use. Its also safer to use on maps with certain mods.

This build got absolutely destroyed by the 'Void anomaly' boss, just a level 70 map. Honestly that boss is harder than twinned dominus (first form) was for me. I feel like I'd have better luck running a twinned temple map and dealing with 2 piety clones shooting lighting at me than 'void anomaly'. Anyway, use earthquake on void anomaly, and the fight is 1000x easier. Another boss fight I'd recommend avoiding is the Museum bosses. One of them was a titty bitch that had multiple projectiles + chain and freaking instagibbed me with 4800HP while I was picking off the adds. I didn't have much of a problem with the tier 7-10 bosses I faced.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 6, 2016, 12:53:56 PM
"
Coatesy wrote:

Thanks again for the awesome guide. Best looking, easy to follow and read build guide I've seen.

Geofri's baptism is a solid 2H mace. That got me through normal, and nearly to the end of cruel. By the end of cruel, I leveled up and started using a Maroi Erqi, then later on Kongors. Maces is probably the best for leveling IMO, unless you have some really nice leveling swords/axes sitting around. Maces are cheap, even Kongor's was only 5 chaos. The most expensive piece of gear for me was the 5L daresso's defiance, that cost me 40 chaos. I got less than 1ex total in all the gear I'm using on my build. Lion's roar and Atziri's flask I bought for 1 chaos each, and those give a MASSIVE damage boost. Someone can make this build for quite cheap, but you're not gonna be doing the 300k DPS that TC is with his GGs gear. But its possible to hit somewhere in the 100kish range with all buffs/flasks.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 6, 2016, 1:13:14 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well i've been thinking about making a video guide ... but because i'm not a native English speaker i don't feel entirely comfortable explaining things in English ... listening, writing, reading in it ... that's all fine ... but i rarely have the chance to speak it so ... yeah :D

Wow, from reading your guide I would have no idea it wasn't your native language. You write better than half of my friends.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Coatesy wrote:

Geofri's baptism is a solid 2H mace. That got me through normal, and nearly to the end of cruel. By the end of cruel, I leveled up and started using a Maroi Erqi, then later on Kongors. Maces is probably the best for leveling IMO, unless you have some really nice leveling swords/axes sitting around. Maces are cheap, even Kongor's was only 5 chaos. The most expensive piece of gear for me was the 5L daresso's defiance, that cost me 40 chaos. I got less than 1ex total in all the gear I'm using on my build.

Sweet! Thanks for the reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info