[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Would you say this build is viable for Hardcore? I ripped last night at level 88(so close to 90) and wanted to play something fun and reliable.

I've used your Facebreaker build before and it was great so I figured I would try FLicker strike this time.
@Trespeon

"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
krustyle wrote:
"
nappeee wrote:
Sick looking guide! One question: Is this a hardcore viable build?

I believe someone above said no due to the random nature of Flicker Strike

Yup i said that numerous times actually. Though some people keep playing the build in HC ... even if i wouldn't do it myself :)

After picking up the build again i have to say that i feel pretty safe and insanely tanky ... but still HC ... i don't know .. i'm really the most worst person that you can ask whether or not a certain build is HC viable ( even if it's my own build ) because i can't say with 100% that ANY build is HC viable ... i mean hell i build my SC builds tankier than what most people play in HC.

P.S. The 3 videos :

Wasteland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czh0B6d3xn8&feature=youtu.be

Apex of Sacrifice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGp9eTZfX0U&feature=youtu.be

Labyrinth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61w1mhc3uTU&feature=youtu.be
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 4, 2016, 4:32:39 PM
Prompt please at murder of an aziriya in the second video what skills stand on Q and E?
Pretty good build. Fun to play. and seems strong so far. Been doing maps since lvl 65 with no problem. Haven't tried more than T6 though. Used to have mana problems, but sicne my dmg increased I rarely need to pop the flask. 3.5k life/83 available mana. 6.8k dmg x 6 hits unbuffed - 12kdmg x 8hits buffed. This is my setup for now, as you can see is nothing expensive, and needs improvement.Only 5L chest:

@SongOfDoom
The skill is Vaal Grace

@alecs87 ( and anyone that has mana problems )
I've noticed that you don't have melee splash support gem. Do you have the Melee splash ascendancy passive from slayer? If you don't... then start using melee splash ASAP !!!!!

I thought that this is pretty evident but so far i had a couple of guys who were running without any melee splash and were wondering why they have mana issues ... well that's the reason. Melee splash allows you to gain mana on hit via poacher's mark from EACH enemy hit.

P.S. I must say that Wings of entropy is a very weapon choice due to the low amounts of physical damage that it has. All of the unique weapons mentioned in the guide are much better options ( and most of them are still very cheap )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 5, 2016, 8:59:55 AM
I just have to say that this build is awesome, as is your guide! Recently started mapping and spent nearly all my currency on the gear and it is flickin' fast clearing maps!

Do you use frenzy as a single target skill with 6L?

Here's a link to my profile if ya wanna gear check :) -BeanFlickrr

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leizka/characters

Thank you once again, keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Leizka on Apr 5, 2016, 10:10:09 AM
No, i use frenzy with just faster attacks as a last resort for frenzy charge generation ( really used only in high map level boss fights ).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 5, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Korgoth, this is a great build. I played a dagger-crit flicker about a year ago and was missing flicker. I tried your build and am loving it.

In case anyone has questions about the gear, I started this build in the new league and went into the sword line. I spent about 8-10 chaos on equipment which I used until around level 85. I respecced into Axe at 85 and got a new weapon, then bought new armor at 90. At both junctures, I could feel a material improvement in dps and survival. None of my other gear (e.g. rings, gloves) have been upgraded, so those will be next in line. My point here is basically that it was surprisingly cheap to gear and level this toon in the temp league.

One small change I made was to use CWDT + Blade Vortex + Blind + IC. This blinds a lot because the vortex lasts 5 seconds and does a lot of small quick hits. I like this much better than vengeance.

Your guide was very clear and thoughtfully constructed. Many thanks for a solid build.
I picked up The Blood Dance for running curse immune maps, I have been using Darkray Vectors previously. You suggest DRV, but use TBD yourself. Is there a point where it seems like the sorta-more-defensive DRV is outclassed by the sorta-more-offensive TBD (i.e. once your build has a certain level of tankiness) or is it just a preference thing?
Last edited by kobo1d on Apr 5, 2016, 7:23:41 PM
Hi, I am currently trying to build this and just wanted to ask real quick at what level I should start using Flicker Strike, like when I hit Resolute Technique or later or ...? Probably been asked before, but I can't figure out how to search 120 pages properly. :-(

Thanks in advance and thanks for the detailed build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info