[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Thanks to Sicyo for the suggestion.

I've added a video containing 2 white Gorge map runs - one with Headhunter, one without for comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkrixncmHI&feature=youtu.be
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I gave this build a fair shot. level 87, even got this:

So nobody can say I 'lacked DPS'. Its just that the damage potential wasn't as good as I expected. FYI, I quit playing before 1.0, and just came back for Perandus, and when I saw 300k DPS, I was expecting to be able to annihilate anything I'd run into in a couple secs tops. 95% of the time it does that, but the 5% of times that doesn't happen is when I have issues. Pre-1.0, 300k DPS would do that 100% of the time. I'd need a build that pushes DPS into the millions to achieve what I'm looking for in 2.2. Probably some form of CoC build, or a discharge build.

This build is deceptively 'squishy' and I had 4871 HP and a nice amount of HP regen and leech, and a whole lot of stuff melted my HP bar like it wasn't even there. I either need the DPS to 'instagib' anything that can melt my HP bar like that or I need to be able to face tank through it. My options appear to be some form of CoC build, or a max block/high armor/ facebreaker build of some sort.

Pre-1.0 I had a facebreaker build that was utterly unstoppable under any circumstances, and I'd love to be able to replicate that now.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 9, 2016, 10:38:07 AM
I don't know man ... i'm almost level 95 now ( playing only solo of course ... not that the build really allows party play ) ... no problems with the survivability at all.
I have no idea from where your "squishy" verdict comes from.
Care to share which are the " whole lot of stuff " that "melted" your HP bar "like it wasn't even there" ?

You can always go for a FB again as it is pretty much the tankiest melee option.

P.S.
I've also uploaded a village ruin boss fight video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOM0rjVDmYg&feature=youtu.be

and i'm uploading a tier 13 excavation map with -12% max res, no life and mana regen and huge packs of Porcupines on the side.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 9, 2016, 10:56:18 AM
I've died 4x at level 87, just random stuff killing me. Ran into Haast, he killed me 2x, melted my HP bar like it was nothing. The Museum boss, the titty bitch basically instagibbed me while I was killing adds for frenzy charges. Didn't expect to die on a map that low. Void anomaly boss, flicker + flasks, he literally tanked my damage and melted my HP bar at the same time past the regen and leach this build has. Tried map dominus 1st form. Ran out of frenzy charges flickering him, and he still hand 2/3rds of his HP bar left, and instagibbed me while I was using frenzy to build charges up, etc. Been oneshotted by flickering into porcupines. Tier 11 map, that one boss that fills the screen up with tornados, I couldn't do jack shit in that fight. Temple map piety, got rekt in that fight too, everything went well, then suddenly my HP bar melted (probably had shock stacks, but I did have a topaz flask up, still got REKT). Some combinations of perandus chest mobs, some of the guardian types have killed me before. +More random situations where I seem to be doing OK until I'm suddenly dead.

I've been playing a lot of ARPGs for a long time. When I play melee, I'm not doing so to have to kite mobs or move around and play space invaders. Its not that I can't do that, its just that its not my style, or even my approach when I play a build like this.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 9, 2016, 11:14:07 AM
I really have no idea how you face such problems because clearly i have none of them ( since the museum and quarry bosses were mentioned before i've uploaded videos with those and posted them in a reply on the previous page... if you want i can post videos with everything fight you have issues with. )
It sounds extremely strange to me it's like someone saying that his car can't even get 25 km/h while you are using pretty much the same car and you are driving around with 120 km/h without a problem.
I guess you are following the suggested tree, your gear seems fine, i guess you have maxed resists ... so ... At this point sadly i'm really can't thing of anything to say about your case. :/

EDIT: Indeed i don't like to kite as well ( be it with a melee build or ... anything really ) and i don't do it with this build either

P.S.
Tier 13 Excavation map with no regen , - max res and big porcupine packs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyoZx4_gHA&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 9, 2016, 11:16:57 AM
Ignore what my sig says, I swear 100% I am not trolling here. Its like I said, I recently came back from playing in beta, and maybe I'm being killed by gimmicks that people who've been playing regularly from 1.0 till now know to avoid. Again, I'm not sure why it happened, but I do know for a fact that it DID happen.

I'll even post the flask setup I used, I pretty much always had these up:

I absolutely believe that you are being honest and as always i'm trying desperately to identify your problem and try to figure out a way to fix it. But in this case i must admit that i have no idea what's going wrong for you ... and not being able to figure it out is really a first for me in PoE.

It is indeed very likely that your long poe retirement has a huge role, because many things were added, many things have changed and for me and anyone who was around ... we take for granted the knowledge about those things and we never even stop to think about them. Probably it's that ... i have no other explanation. If you can provide videos where you struggle with the content then i'd be able to tell you what's missing ... but i doubt that i'd be very helpful otherwise

On a side note though ....
why do you have no life flask at all ? I'd say change that asap...
I tried Temple map Piety too recently with +AoE, +Cast speed, +Damage mods. Did it right after levelling because I expected to get riggety rekt. Can confirm (x4)
Last edited by kobo1d on Apr 9, 2016, 11:26:50 AM
"
kobo1d wrote:
I tried Temple map Piety too recently with +AoE, +Cast speed, +Damage mods. Did it right after levelling because I expected to get riggety rekt. Can confirm (x4)

What level, what gear ?
Oh it was totally expected in my case. Level 82, never fought the map version of her before.
Gear
IIRC this was my gear (possibly with Darkray Vectors instead of The Blood Dance)
~45% Extra damage, ~12% life, ~24% resistance, and ~10 intelligence on jewels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info