0.11.6 Patch Notes

Buffed Ground Slam damage.

Since this happened, can we buff sweep too?
I feel that ground slam used to be the safer but weaker and slower clearing attack but now it does more damage than sweep, and at a faster attack rate (even with a karui maul), only having a worse arc, but you wouldn't like to be surrounded in high level maps anyways, and it has longer range too.
Another thing is that sweep is locked to two handed weapons, which sort of suck ass because the damage is almost entirely based on the weapon (ex a ring with +9-15 physical damage would, as a portion of your initial damage, be higher for a 1 handed, faster weapon, than for a 2 handed weapon).
While we're on this point, I think two hand weapons should either by able to roll much larger flat physical rolls or in some other sense have more damage lategame to compensate for all the shit they have to deal with in terms of survivability.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.11.6

Balance:

Heavy Strike: reduced stun threshold reduction from 30% to 25%.

I guess that one was important! Not that this game has other issues but to nerf a weak melee skill almost no one uses. Great Job! /irony off
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
ZeuZLoD wrote:
"
ibugsy wrote:
"
ZeuZLoD wrote:
Where is the:

- Fixed Desync

Desync will never be fixed. It is inherent in the platform being used. It can be minimized to a certain extent, but never fixed. It's kinda like asking for sound to go the speed of light.

Laws of physics cannot be broken.

Well that sucks. Maybe they need to change platforms because there are other games that work perfectly fine that are of the same type. Hell even games that are nearly 20 years old run fine without this ridiculous desync problem. Just recently started playing Marvel Heroes (awesome game which has some of the old guys that worked on our beloved D2) and the game has no desync at all.

I think you misunderstood. Read this thread: What is Desync? (A thorough explanation).
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.11.6

Balance:

Heavy Strike: reduced stun threshold reduction from 30% to 25%.

I guess that one was important! Not that this game has other issues but to nerf a weak melee skill almost no one uses. Great Job! /irony off
If you can't pick up on the reason for this nerf, I don't really want to hear your views on skill balance.

Hints:
All other skills with implicit stun threshhold reduction mods were also nerfed.
A new strength gem granting an endurance charge on stun is being introduced this patch.
"
Softspoken wrote:
If you can't pick up on the reason for this nerf, I don't really want to hear your views on skill balance.

Hints:
A new strength gem granting an endurance charge on stun is being introduced this patch.

Sadly heavy strike is so weak that no one that uses heavy strike can affort to replace one of it's support gems with the new crap gem. If someone is no lazy piece of *censored* why would he use this sad joke of a gem? You loose a support slot and gain what? "Balancing" around a completely useless gem is just plain stupid!

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
Realyn wrote:

"
PabloCappone wrote:

"
Chris wrote:

[li]The Fetid Pool now has a new layout that should make it easier to find every monster.[/li]
[li]Flamebearers now fire in bursts, with a cooldown between each spray.[/li]

please stop to make this game easy...

it's nice stay in docks and a firebear with mult shot appear... c'mon... don't make it easy PLEASE

The alpha member next to such a post made me seriously laugh out. Thanks.

why laughing? just because making firebears less dangerous enemies is also making them less effective spectres? which is making the game harder for summoners? my guess is "next stop lunaris titty bitches" which would make me as sad as this nerf already did.

bosses being the only real aura-less but surprisingly dangerous enemies left at release is imho the wrong way to go.

edit: making fetid pool easier to clean is like putting easter eggs in the middle of the meadow, kids enjoy it first because they have more sweets faster but you just kill the excitement of searching. games should be about effort, risk and reward but what effort you have running around a lake once?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 24, 2013, 4:35:21 PM
Yeah, seriously GGG, fuck off with nerfing the only decent spectres we have.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Removing the wave is a buff.

Some skills create a wave that damages enemies, rather than hitting all enemies at once. Freezing Pulse is the most notable example of this. Ground Slam previously created an 'invisible' wave when attacking enemies, this patch removed this wave and just made it's damage instantaneous.

Ground Slam now deals it's damage immediately to characters standing at a distance to you.

Now something here's wrong. Where do you get it from that the damage wave would be removed? For comparison, the patch notes:
"
Balance:
The damage wave of Ground Slam is no longer connected to attack speed, so no matter how fast you attack, the damage wave will still move at the same speed. This does not prevent you from repeat attacking.

No mention of any removal here. What it means more likely is a nerf than a buff. Wave speed not influenced (probably effectively meaning "not increased") by attack speed means that it actually takes the wave longer than before to reach and damage your enemies.
Crit happens.
"
666tnt666 wrote:
"
Softspoken wrote:

Hints:

Sadly heavy strike is so weak that no one that uses heavy strike can affort to replace one of it's support gems with the new crap gem. If someone is no lazy piece of *censored* why would he use this sad joke of a gem? You loose a support slot and gain what? "Balancing" around a completely useless gem is just plain stupid!

Care to explain why you think HS is weak? Since it's actually one of the strongest skills in game.
will there be a full respec for certain chars?
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info