Bored of Path of Magic Find.

"
inDef wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
MF doesn't have to be boring.

I have a bow-duelist farmer, 321 iir / 94 iiq, level 74 using split arrow.

True, I have sucky res ( but I also use a tabula rasa, i only have a 5l eva armor :P ) but it doesn't really matter coz most enemies can't come near enough to hit me.

I prolly can't do high level maps, but Lunaris is pretty doable and if I get normal chest armor I'll be fine for a lot more maps too.

I also recall someone having a melee MF char.

So..it's up to you, it doesn't have to be a sporker ;)

I agree that not all MF'ers have to be sporkers. Honestly I can't comprehend how people play sporkers. They are so mind numbingly boring it isn't even funny.

Maybe I'll try making a different kind of MF'r I dunno.

Point I was trying to make in the OP is that magic find is just a boring/dumb mechanic. Guild Wars 2 just removed it from their game and the community EXPLODED with positive criticism and praise. Players shouldn't have to choose between being a better character and getting rich.

lol. Agree with that first paragraph.

The last line however, at least as written, perhaps unintentionally, is... troublesome. Getting rich, as you put it, is still just as bad in gw2. If your goal is to get rich in a game. Well, youre gonna have to be a day trader, use mf, or whatever advantage you can to get the upper hand. Removing mf does not allow everyone to get rich. This is impossible.

There will always be the ones who have, and those who have not.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
MF doesn't have to be boring.

I have a bow-duelist farmer, 321 iir / 94 iiq, level 74 using split arrow.

True, I have sucky res ( but I also use a tabula rasa, i only have a 5l eva armor :P ) but it doesn't really matter coz most enemies can't come near enough to hit me.

I prolly can't do high level maps, but Lunaris is pretty doable and if I get normal chest armor I'll be fine for a lot more maps too.

I also recall someone having a melee MF char.

So..it's up to you, it doesn't have to be a sporker ;)

I agree that not all MF'ers have to be sporkers. Honestly I can't comprehend how people play sporkers. They are so mind numbingly boring it isn't even funny.

Maybe I'll try making a different kind of MF'r I dunno.

Point I was trying to make in the OP is that magic find is just a boring/dumb mechanic. Guild Wars 2 just removed it from their game and the community EXPLODED with positive criticism and praise. Players shouldn't have to choose between being a better character and getting rich.

lol. Agree with that first paragraph.

The last line however, at least as written, perhaps unintentionally, is... troublesome. Getting rich, as you put it, is still just as bad in gw2. If your goal is to get rich in a game. Well, youre gonna have to be a day trader, use mf, or whatever advantage you can to get the upper hand. Removing mf does not allow everyone to get rich. This is impossible.

There will always be the ones who have, and those who have not.

That isn't true. All MF sporkers at end game are filthy rich and can afford to buy/craft the best items in the game for all their characters.

Nobody makes MF characters because it is fun. We make them to fund building the fun characters. This is really stupid game design.
"
inDef wrote:

Nobody makes MF characters because it is fun. We make them to fund building the fun characters. This is really stupid game design.

Nail, on the head.
Imo ppl are ruining the game experience by themselves.

1. They play it the way game looks ugly.
2. They say: "No joy from such play".
3. They blame the game for not delivering joy.

So forget about that IIR/IIQ thing, seriously, and play it the way you like, not the way some streamers do.
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.
Last edited by Bozon on Sep 15, 2013, 4:49:35 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:
"
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.

You don't need to stack MF in PoE either ^.^ Just turn off trade chat, and play the game for what it is.. It's a lot of fun that way..

I WISH that were true, but its not. I'd love to be able to enjoy the game like that but the drop mechanics aren't made for that playing style. Etc, you're not gonna make any progress after a certain point. You're going to hit a wall that you will absolutely never overcome. If they made a self found league that had drop mechanics that could realistically support such a playing style, I'd love it.

All my characters are able to play the game and do maps with self found / crafted gear. I only recently respecced my AoE Ice Templar into dual ice totems as he wasnt doing to great spamming Ice Nova himself, and while it doesnt match dual spork totems it made him very capable to farm me some loot and run maps with only 500 HP and 2000 ES.

Due to it being a gear independant build, I also slotted on whatever little MF I had on my account onto him, just 60 IIQ and 100 IIR and he is collecting multiple uniques and lots of orbs and yellow items every day for me now. Maybe eventually I'll find myself some godly gear, but its absolutely not needed.

The point of this game was always to be able to carry on grinding and farming for better gear, thats the very nature of this game and magic find is a very important part of that for people who enjoy loot farming.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
haplessG00N wrote:
"
inDef wrote:

Nail, on the head.

BS. I find my dual totem character extremely fun to play, and I find farming for loot with MF in these kinds of games incredibly enjoyable too.

I dont understand why all you whiners dont, its exactlyu what makes this genre as enjoyable as it is.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I like my summoner as well but why should only select builds be fun for finding items? Its kind of obvious why people don't like it.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I like my summoner as well but why should only select builds be fun for finding items? Its kind of obvious why people don't like it.

Lots of builds can work for finding items, you just need a bit of rarity / quantity gear and youre set.

E.G some of what I use:

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Sep 15, 2013, 4:50:52 AM
"
inDef wrote:
Nobody makes MF characters because it is fun. We make them to fund building the fun characters.

Wrong.
For me MF and building around MF is fun.
And I know at least one more person who thinks (building)MF is fun.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 15, 2013, 4:55:10 AM
"
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.

LOL! Because you could buy a few millions of the RMAH and buy the gear from Gold AH? Self-found D3 is just as hard (if not harder - no "crafting" aka gambling) as self-found PoE.

On topic: If you don't like IIQ/IIR stacking, don't do it. Why is it always that people must have the same privileges as the other players in the game who play and invest a lot more into it?

A quote from Herpaderpa's life
"I saw this streamer had nice gear. I want it too but then I have to play IIQ/IIR and 8 hours a day and I dont want it. I better go make a QQ thread on forums about this ridiculous IIR/IIQ thing."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info