Bored of Path of Magic Find.

"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
Thats because anything other than a MFer is objectively useless since theres nothing to do YET except for farming (no PvP)

but......

there is pvp.

meaningful balanced pvp

Unless you play for pvp. You will always get stomped. Theres quite a few players who farm for, and only play, lvl 28 pvp.
Balanced PvP in an ARPG?

rofl.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
Fluffhead wrote:
Balanced PvP in an ARPG?

rofl.

Diablo 2?

Have you seen the number of D2 PVP guides on the internet? There must be literally hundreds of them on d2jsp alone even though its a RMT website. Theres hundreds more on other websites. Most of the guides are highly in depth and well written.
People even held tournaments

None of these would be true if Diablo 2 didn't have balanced PVP

I see nowhere near as many PvP guides for POE and D3. True, they've only been out for a year compared to D2's LOD's 9. However considering most guides are made closer to the games release date and the fact that theres less than 1/9 POE or D3 pvp guides anyway compared to D2 its clear that PvP in D3 and POE sucks.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Last edited by Hell_Bovine on Sep 14, 2013, 8:39:34 PM
"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
"
Fluffhead wrote:
Balanced PvP in an ARPG?

rofl.

Diablo 2?

Have you seen the number of D2 PVP guides on the internet? There must be literally hundreds of them on d2jsp alone even though its a RMT website. Theres hundreds more on other websites. Most of the guides are highly in depth and well written.

Starcraft 2 is a professional sport yet it's an unbalanced piece of crap game. Your logic is flawed.
"
inDef wrote:
"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
"
Fluffhead wrote:
Balanced PvP in an ARPG?

rofl.

Diablo 2?

Starcraft 2 is a professional sport yet it's an unbalanced piece of crap game. Your logic is flawed.

I've never played SC2 so i can't really comment. Too bad Path of Exile is an unbalanced
"
piece of crap?
game as well. Except POE dosen't even have the PvP element so thats even worse.
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
"
Fluffhead wrote:
Balanced PvP in an ARPG?

rofl.

Diablo 2?

Pvp in D2 was very fun, I used to play pvp a lot in D2. But was it balanced ? hell no.

If u ever played pvp in D2 u'd know that it was really not balanced at all.

Why that ? Simply because some mechanics made some builds op vs regular ones (ex: hammer dmg/can't mitigiate it; perma lock trapsin...).

Well. Was very entertaining anyway.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
"
inDef wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:
i think you can do 66 maps with very shitty gear if you build your char right. just roll affixes like increased map size + more rare monsters etc. slowly but surely neat items and currency will drop.

Im a life based mellee templar and got lvl 81 now, playing maps till 72. With very shitty gear, and 99% solo, i tried playing with others but my laptop doesnt let me. if you focus on killing stuff instead of gear, currency, trading and IIQ/IIR you will progress.

That simply isn't true and I know for a fact your are lying based on your post history.

You can't progress past level 70ish without accumulating wealth/currency. You need better gear and better maps. It is impossible to attain either of those 2 things without either extreme wealth or extreme luck. Most PoE players have neither.

A player doesn't need to have a single map themselves to keep advancing. GGG's map to maker has made this even more possible. The secret of the map system is finding a good map group where everyone contributes however they can. Some in the group may be poor (gear wise) weak characters who are just getting by. Unless you are playing hardcore, you can recover from a death and keep going. GGG softened the XP loss, so even that's not as much of a factor as it was.

My experience has been that when you do find/join a good map group and the dynamics are going well, the higher level maps come out. After a few mid level maps (70-71) go well, a 72 or 73 map may come out, usually one the maker has pre-rolled and has been holding for a decent group. If that goes well, the maker or another player may offer up another 72-73 map and if players offer some sort of help in rolling it (scours, alchs whatever)than the door is opened to the 74+ maps.

If a couple players chip in with some chisels, there's a chance to go all the way. Consider that most players who have a level 75+ map want it to be a good run, both in terms of XP and potential items drops. One good run, I had 9 chisels, 2 alchs and a chaos in my stash to offer during the mapping session. Three other player chipped in what they could and we ended up calling it a night several hours later only because we were tired. We ended up with some nice shipyard runs.

One player alone will have a hard time funding the map re-rolling that players expect to have on such maps.

You won't randomly find such a public group every night/day of the week. When you do find one, and you go from 68-69 maps to 72-73 maps and then run a horde of 75 maps and finish off with a dozen 76/77s, you will find that you have picked up a few keeper items for your character and a level or two. Its a lot of fun, especially because it is hard to survive high level maps with mediocre gear.

My main is at 84 working towards 85 this way. She started maps at 66 and struggled into the early 70s. A few more life nodes turned death/death/death into near death/death/near death by lvl 75 and she's been moving steadily forward since then.

There's not a single piece of gear on that character that anyone would offer more than a chaos orb or two for. She did convert her 4 link armor to a 5 link around level 83 with the stray armor orbs and some fusings that she accrued from selling all the junk rares in map runs. The fifth link isn't crucial to her survival and I often experiment with various support gems as nothing jumps out as significantly better.

All you need to run maps is a reasonable amount of life, resistance and playing within the limits of your character.

The very best mapping groups I have been in have been invites from players I somehow helped earlier in their POE experience and was added to their friends list.

When people work together to advance the whole group the game is AMAZINGLY FUN and its not hard at all.

So, the TL/DR version?

I'd suggest better game partners/groups will do far more for your POE experience than better gear will.

Hope you find some good groups and have some better luck in the drops!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 14, 2013, 9:00:01 PM
Muahaha D2 did not even have balanced PVE in any point of the game.

And people did PVP for the fun of the challenge, not because it was any good and balanced. Some people need a full guide whenever you can set a single skillpoint, so the quantity is no real argument.

Back to topic, OP is completly right. Base drop rates suck like hell and playing your precious maps with "not your mf toon" feels like playing for the bin. I focused on trying new stuff lately, but on some point you want a billion fuses for each of them... probably have already eyecancer from sparks.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:

Spoiler

i think you can do 66 maps with very shitty gear if you build your char right. just roll affixes like increased map size + more rare monsters etc. slowly but surely neat items and currency will drop.

Im a life based mellee templar and got lvl 81 now, playing maps till 72. With very shitty gear, and 99% solo, i tried playing with others but my laptop doesnt let me. if you focus on killing stuff instead of gear, currency, trading and IIQ/IIR you will progress.
Spoiler

That simply isn't true and I know for a fact your are lying based on your post history.

You can't progress past level 70ish without accumulating wealth/currency. You need better gear and better maps. It is impossible to attain either of those 2 things without either extreme wealth or extreme luck. Most PoE players have neither.
Spoiler

A player doesn't need to have a single map themselves to keep advancing. GGG's map to maker has made this even more possible. The secret of the map system is finding a good map group where everyone contributes however they can. Some in the group may be poor (gear wise) weak characters who are just getting by. Unless you are playing hardcore, you can recover from a death and keep going. GGG softened the XP loss, so even that's not as much of a factor as it was.

My experience has been that when you do find/join a good map group and the dynamics are going well, the higher level maps come out. After a few mid level maps (70-71) go well, a 72 or 73 map may come out, usually one the maker has pre-rolled and has been holding for a decent group. If that goes well, the maker or another player may offer up another 72-73 map and if players offer some sort of help in rolling it (scours, alchs whatever)than the door is opened to the 74+ maps.

If a couple players chip in with some chisels, there's a chance to go all the way. Consider that most players who have a level 75+ map want it to be a good run, both in terms of XP and potential items drops. One player alone will have a hard time funding the map re-rolling that players expectto have on such maps.

You won't randomly find such a public group every night/day of the week. When you do find one, and you go from 68-69 maps to 72-73 maps and then run a horde of 75 maps and finish off with a dozen 76/77s, you will find that you have picked up a few keeper items for your character and a level or two. Its a lot of fun, especially because it is hard to survive high level maps with mediocre gear.

My main is at 84 working towards 85 this way. She started maps at 66 and struggled into the early 70s. A few more life nodes turned death/death/death into near death/death/near death by lvl 75 and she's been moving steadily forward since then.

There's not a single piece of gear on that character that anyone would offer more than a chaos orb or two for. She did convert her 4 link armor to a 5 link around level 83 with the stray armor orbs and some fusings that she accrued from selling all the junk rares in map runs. The fifth link isn't crucial to her survival and I often experiment with various support gems as nothing jumps out as significantly better.

All you need to run maps is a reasonable amount of life, resistance and playing within the limits of your character.

The very best mapping groups I have been in have been invites from players I somehow helped earlier in their POE experience and was added to their friends list.

When people work together to advance the whole group the game is AMAZINGLY FUN and its not hard at all.

So, the TL/DR version?

I'd suggest better game partners/groups will do far more for your POE experience than better gear will.

This is true but not a real solution on the problem. The game becomes near faceroll by grouping up, but you should be able to progress as well solo. The farm bandwagon is boring...

"

So, the TL/DR version?

I think one of the things some people are complaining about is the inability to solo up past a certain point with MOST builds.... which I think is true and rather valid. I've had many builds that just ripped through maps then boom... some new mechanic at a certain lvl just destroyed my build... I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to re-roll a new character to tweak it to accommodate a MASSIVE change in mechanics. Things that come to mind are spell reflection, bleed, mobs that just hit for a zillion hit points compared to the last difficulty level... not a smooth transition at all and difficult to keep up on gear to deal with the weird scaling. Yeah, now I know about bleed flasks etc... but when it first happened and I spammed all my pots trying to live I was like WTf?! In reality it was and most of my builds are probably considered lower HP builds otherwise I find my dmg is absolutely awful... what I would really suggest as a fix is the ability to get a drop or hand in something or eve PAY say $5 USD for a full point respec... it gets annoying after about 6 or 7 characters re-rolling just not fun... to me anyway.

Suggestion for people having problems with lower hp builds that like to solo... I started using a spell totem with skeletons and minion gems on a piece of 4 slot gear... I spam it out in front of me when I feel I'm getting close to mobs... they get aggro pretty good... then I just nuke the crap out of the pile...yeah I die once in a while and use a few portal scrolls on some bosses but I am ... slowly progressing... reflect is really something you have to be careful of as a nuker though... then I just toss an occasional nuke and keep spammin skeles till things are cleaned up... not the fastest build but seems to be working... slowly..
And yeah I had a sporker and frickin hated it and a minion master.... boring as fuck... this build is sort of fun and challenging...firestorm fireball skeles main things extra burn etc... get to close been using frost nova to slow and move etc...oh of course get faster movement if possible makes a lot of difference position is everything..

yeah I know TL... just wanted to throw in my 2 cents

[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info