Bored of Path of Magic Find.

Leveling in this game is rather painless. Still get 1bar per run in Lunaris soloing at 82. Takes no time at all and is especially less boring and alot faster then repeated Chaos Sanctuary/Baal runs. As a matter of fact I never teamed, I compared the XP in a party to soloing and it was a mute point throughout the entire game.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
inDef wrote:
Been playing PoE for probably close to 2 years now since the early days of closed beta.

I don't want to play an MF sporker or a MF summoner. That basically means that I can't play the game past level 60.

I have 11 characters between levels 60 and 70, because for me...that's where the game ends. I can't afford to gear my characters to run maps and I can't get into public map groups because I'm not an MF'er (BAMF'er irl).

I love PoE and this is the best game that's been made in a long time. I just think it's really lame that the game has 2 options: a boring as hell magic find build, or making yet another CI *insert basic spammable skill" character.

I truly hope that the "huge balance changes" you guys are speaking of for launch are related to CI and MF...or else I'll be quite disappointed.

APPEAL FOR ACCOUNT BOUND MF
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
What if I told you:

-

The game is still in beta.
"
Z3roSh0t wrote:

the necessity of MF is an illusion.

The difference of high magic find with little to no magic find is night and day. Your quote is misleading at best.

You don't need magic find for everything but you WILL get a ton more rare drops and you will get more currency drops as well.

You can minimize needing magic find by having very high clear speed but it would take a lot of clear speed to close that gap.
Standard Forever
I think I'm just sick of ARPGs in general. No desire to play this game or any other ARPG again. Just a magic find grind, nothing else at all to offer. Until PVP becomes something interesting, I'm gone for good.
"
Ashwin wrote:
You don't need to stack MF in PoE either ^.^ Just turn off trade chat, and play the game for what it is.. It's a lot of fun that way..

How is it fun if you find absolutely nothing good?

"
arpgfan wrote:
What if I told you:

-

So we can't post our feedback if it's a beta?
Last edited by dspair on Sep 14, 2013, 11:55:43 PM
"
dspair wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:
You don't need to stack MF in PoE either ^.^ Just turn off trade chat, and play the game for what it is.. It's a lot of fun that way..

How is it fun if you find absolutely nothing good?

"
arpgfan wrote:
What if I told you:

-

So we can't post our feedback if it's a beta?

I agree
MF doesn't have to be boring.

I have a bow-duelist farmer, 321 iir / 94 iiq, level 74 using split arrow.

True, I have sucky res ( but I also use a tabula rasa, i only have a 5l eva armor :P ) but it doesn't really matter coz most enemies can't come near enough to hit me.

I prolly can't do high level maps, but Lunaris is pretty doable and if I get normal chest armor I'll be fine for a lot more maps too.

I also recall someone having a melee MF char.

So..it's up to you, it doesn't have to be a sporker ;)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Sep 15, 2013, 12:06:33 AM
MF is boring because it forces you to use incredibly gimpy one dimensional and often times preset gear.

half the fun of arpgs is finding/crafting/buying gear to incrementally upgrade your character stats.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
MF doesn't have to be boring.

I have a bow-duelist farmer, 321 iir / 94 iiq, level 74 using split arrow.

True, I have sucky res ( but I also use a tabula rasa, i only have a 5l eva armor :P ) but it doesn't really matter coz most enemies can't come near enough to hit me.

I prolly can't do high level maps, but Lunaris is pretty doable and if I get normal chest armor I'll be fine for a lot more maps too.

I also recall someone having a melee MF char.

So..it's up to you, it doesn't have to be a sporker ;)

I agree that not all MF'ers have to be sporkers. Honestly I can't comprehend how people play sporkers. They are so mind numbingly boring it isn't even funny.

Maybe I'll try making a different kind of MF'r I dunno.

Point I was trying to make in the OP is that magic find is just a boring/dumb mechanic. Guild Wars 2 just removed it from their game and the community EXPLODED with positive criticism and praise. Players shouldn't have to choose between being a better character and getting rich.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info