Bored of Path of Magic Find.

Most people think that MF-melee, that is able to run maps solo, isnt viable. but they are WRONG! There are melee builds in PoE who can farm maps solo with pretty high MF. I use one of those for my main char (yes, he is MF-melee, not a sporker). While i agree that low-life sporker is OP, and should be fixed, that doesnt mean that others builds are bullshits, that are unplayable with MF.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
bhavv wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:
"
inDef wrote:

Nobody makes MF characters because it is fun. We make them to fund building the fun characters. This is really stupid game design.

Nail, on the head.

BS. I find my dual totem character extremely fun to play, and I find farming for loot with MF in these kinds of games incredibly enjoyable too.

I dont understand why all you whiners dont, its exactlyu what makes this genre as enjoyable as it is.

Because not everyone likes dual totem builds? Is that so hard to comprehend?
will just Quote what i posted to other MF QQ thread
"
Dondess wrote:
not signed !!! every1 can MF not only sporkers and its not hard or to expensive
looted myself
= 5gcp
= 5gcp
= 1 exalt

the 2 rings ... well ignore them had nothing to do with all the exalts so crafted them u can eazy replace them with andvarius or any other IIQ+ IIR rings
if u add the IQ and IR gems = 300 IIR and 100 IIQ for just few exalts
u can expext with this stats 1-2 exalts income per hour even if u not lucky

Stop the MF QQ allready
ign EKkiller
"
haplessG00N wrote:

Now youre just being ignorant / obtuse. That's not what you said nor what I replied to. You said 'nobody enjoys playing MF builds'.

It seems far more difficult for your brain to comprehend that plenty of people actually do enjoy playing MF builds, and that dual totem isn't the only MF build in the game.

If you don't like a build then make a fucking different one that you enjoy and quit whining about builds that other people enjoy playing. Nobody is forcing you to play a build you don't enjoy in PoE.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Sep 15, 2013, 4:28:16 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:

Now youre just being ignorant / obtuse. That's not what you said nor what I replied to. You said 'nobody enjoys playing MF builds'.

It seems far more difficult for your brain to comprehend that plenty of people actually do enjoy playing MF builds, and that dual totem isn't the only MF build in the game.

If you don't like a build then make a fucking different one that you enjoy and quit whining about builds that other people enjoy playing. Nobody is forcing you to play a build you don't enjoy in PoE.

You're flaming the wrong guy.

MF is bad game design, plain and simple. I should be able to play any character I want with an equal chance of finding good items. It is that simple.

If you don't naturally get that, then you never will.
No it isn't, MF is a great game design and a long appreciated and enjoyed aspect of the ARPG genre.

People who don't like it simply don't understand or appreciate ARPGS and grinding for loot. You don't like what to every fan of this genre is the single best thing about the gameplay- grinding for gear.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"

On topic: I don't like IIQ/IIR stacking, but if you want to get ANY loot at all while soloing it's a must. MF'ing is the difference between getting 1 rare per map or 2 inventories full.

Yeah that's what I've been saying...it's not even that I feel I should get 2 inventories full... As an example last couple days I took all but about +30% MF on my gear almost everthing that dropped was white seriously like 98% was white or scrolls and basic crap. I killed probably around 10 yellow mini bosses and probably got 1 yellow out of all of them... bad luck? Maybe but I don't think so. Playing like this I would be surprised if I got 1 rare per map and at lvl 50 getting a lvl 35 yellow drop (literally) just blows. No way to gear up except maybe trying to deal with someone where I could trade an inventory full of lvl 35 yellows for 1 piece of lvl 50 4 linked rare...

Again as I've said in other posts I think they should just tweak drops a bit for people with say +0 - +60% MF as the drops just suck. Just no arguing about it. It limits what build you can make that's my only real complaint. I just don't want to have to keep ditching characters because I can't gear them up.
Spoiler
"
Dondess wrote:
will just Quote what i posted to other MF QQ thread
"
Dondess wrote:
not signed !!! every1 can MF not only sporkers and its not hard or to expensive
looted myself
= 5gcp
= 5gcp
= 1 exalt

the 2 rings ... well ignore them had nothing to do with all the exalts so crafted them u can eazy replace them with andvarius or any other IIQ+ IIR rings
if u add the IQ and IR gems = 300 IIR and 100 IIQ for just few exalts
u can expext with this stats 1-2 exalts income per hour even if u not lucky

Stop the MF QQ allready

Your gear there has very little resists, no way I would run that stuff on my melees
Standard Forever
scrubcore build is for scrubs. sure, i can stack bunch of mf on my melee characters too with shitty dps and no resists and die a bunch. way to go.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on Sep 15, 2013, 7:28:20 PM
I've got 60 IIQ and 95 IIR with 75 / 75 / 69 resists without purity on merciless.

Of course if you want more then you need to sacrifice more defense, but I'm getting enough yellow, unique and currency drops with just that much.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info