Will game's release = complete respec option for all?

"
Chris wrote:
My apologies for not reading any of the posts in this thread, but I noticed the title and the answer is "Yes, there probably will be a passive skill reset for every character". There's no wipe going on though. We promised for years that the start of Open Beta was the final wipe and we will stick to that.

Will the ladders reset on the release of the game??
Bandit reset please!!!!!! I beg you!
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Bandit reset please!!!!!! I beg you!

I second this...
new passive tree = full respec
Another free respec beg thread, yawn.

Yes we get free respecs but i hope its a respec point thing and not another reset all.
So this is the end of the BETA and there will be no full wipe (hero, items, all stuff) ?

It's stupid no ?

This is the first time, i see a beta ending where beta tester can keep their characters and progressions.

This is so unfair for all news players waiting for the release.

I hope GGG will reconsider their decision, its really absurb, they can't realize that O_o

... new player coming lvl 1 unstuff when some peoples are lvl 90 full stuff with more than 200 exalted in their stash. This is a huge economic mistake ...
"
Eskazed wrote:
So this is the end of the BETA and there will be no full wipe (hero, items, all stuff) ?

It's stupid no ?

This is the first time, i see a beta ending where beta tester can keep their characters and progressions.

I hope GGG will reconsider their decision, its really absurb, they can't realize that O_o

... new player coming lvl 1 unstuff when some peoples are lvl 90 full stuff with more than 200 exalted in their stash. This is a huge economic mistake ...

New players will default into the new league just like they did with anarchy
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 5, 2013, 10:17:23 AM
"
Eskazed wrote:

It's stupid no ?

It's common for f2p games to not wipe the servers after open beta. You might experience it for the first time, but it has happened before.

It has also been known even since closed beta that there won't be a wipe before release.
Last edited by Reizoko on Oct 5, 2013, 10:19:51 AM
Is there any confirmation of a dev that there will be a respec? I want to switch my build but I don't want to spend 40 regrets if I can do it for free in just a couple of weeks. Now I have to wait or gamble away the regrets :p
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Oct 6, 2013, 5:33:49 AM
"
Is there any confirmation of a dev that there will be a respec? I want to switch my build but I don't want to spend 40 regrets if I can do it for free in just a couple of weeks. Now I have to wait or gamble away the regrets :p

They're adding a new class which will completely rework the center part of the tree, plus adding mana shield, and probably a number of other balance changes to the existing nodes. If that's not enough reason for a full respec, not sure what is. Even before all of the changes were announced though, Chris had said a full respec was very likely. I don't remember seeing any dev saying it was 100% guaranteed since then, but if the changes being made plus moving to full release isn't enough reason for one, I don't know what is. They'll probably be releasing a lot more info in the next few days though, so if you're still not convinced, just wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info