Will game's release = complete respec option for all?

If not, it should.

Anyone else agree?
I agree to this. Would be nice to have another free respec for failed 70+ chars and get new build for lvl 85+ ones.
CoCS Shadow - iSpinMyCritsRightRound
NO!
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
NO!

Why not? There is absolutely no harm done if we all get a respec option and about a million reasons why we should get one.
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
ToxicRatt wrote:
NO!

Why not? There is absolutely no harm done if we all get a respec option and about a million reasons why we should get one.

The same reason why a Respec option other than Orbs of Regret is not implemented in the game.

Why do some people try to shove in a Repsec at every chance they get?

A new skill: Hey we should get a full respec.
A new item: Hey we should get a full respec.
My Grandmother farted: Hey we should get a full respec.

A full respec is not necessary now and it won't be necessary with the release.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 8, 2013, 6:14:22 PM
No.
Only if they overhaul the skill tree for release.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
No.

It will screw with the economy, regrets will be worth less.

I think it will happen, but not as a bonus. GGG said that huge rebalance is coming with the release, probably it will involve the skill tree. So if this is the case, they would give full respect like it happened before.

I don't care anyway because I'll play the new leagues ;).
♠RaGoN♦
Full respecs is a touchy subject. I feel that the community is divided on this issue - one half feels full respecs should NOT be available unless there is a huge change to the passive tree that makes earlier builds completely useless; the other half feels that the game should be more forgiving when making choices, and new players are bound to make mistakes, and an occasional full respec would not harm anyone.

As for my personal perspective, I do agree that people make mistakes. This learning curve makes them better players, making more meaningful choices in the future. However, should that punish them for the mistakes they made when they were newbies? You decide. One thing though, if full respecs become common, this game will lose all sense of character immersion, and every character can switch roles at the drop of a dime, which I would hate, since that was one of my biggest gripes with Diablo 3.

That being said, I don't think it would be harmful to award a full respec on rare occasions, one of them being, a major change to the passive tree. As for whether this should happen on the game's release, I don't care about it, since I wouldn't be using it anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info