Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

"
Rockdale wrote:
"
"
KenshiD wrote:

If he won't spend any money on PoE he is irrelevant as a customer anyways. Don't respond to those ungrateful jerks Chris, you're way too kind for them.

Load of crap, they made the game free. Players can add value besides money.

I wish it were a 'load of crap', but reality dictates otherwise. Most of us can support GGG with $30.00 for an Open Beta Supporter Pack.

When we buy one of those supporter packs, we make it possible for GGG to continue existing and to continue making this great game even better.

GGG gives us value. Let's reciprocate by giving them the means to continue giving us value. Just playing the game and participating on the forums is great, but it does not pay the bills.

Buying a supporter pack does. :-)

I am kind of shocked, but I know it really shouldn't be surprising.

- Players can be friends and competition.
- Players contribute to the game's economy.
- Good feedback, suggestions, information and all the data from beta testing.
- Word of mouth and popularity, referrals (which happens to lead to donations to GGG in many cases).

It's good to know that some players think, quite possibly, the largest group of PoE's playerbase is worthless. Or not.
Personally, I like the new auras better than the old ones (and it looks to me like Grace at the very least didn't change).

I agree with the 'old ones looked like a Christmas tree' comments, they did not fit with the dark, gritty feel to the game at all. While I'm not a fan of this new infernal anger aura effect, the idea is great.

And I definitely remember the complaining about how all the auras looked and affected gameplay back during CB.

Yay new support gem, between that and the FPS improvements they're working on I'm excited for this next patch.

And I would love set-based transactions. Personally, I'd love a full ebony set of gear. I have the weapon effect and I love how it looks. I had bought ebony and ivory, and I'm sad because I wish I had bought ebony x2 since I had bought the first one when it was on sale and I like it much better than ivory.

Keep up the good work GGG, I pimp you guys out when I can because I really appreciate this game and your style/philosophy.

Oh and preach it Wittgenstein, your posts are spot on.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
vorkasse wrote:
at least the old argument about nerfing the old aura designs due to buffing performance seems to be very fishy now.
i understand that ggg needs the microtransactions to continue the good work for this game and lots of us players like to support them but imho this is a step into the wrong direction.
pls don`t start to screw it up, ggg!

This doesn't make sense. they toned down the aura's to increase performance, if you do not have issues with performance you now have the option to make them look prettier, if you team with people and they suffer issues because YOU CHOSE to make the auras look prettier, they can team with someone else.

why not making an option (for free) between old and new aura design then? would end in the same way you suggested.
pls don`t misunderstand me; i like the game a lot and respect all the good and hard work that is invested in it but i do not like this kind of development.

but enough of this; i`m looking forward to new support gem!
ign: oberarmklaus
No subscription, not pay for gear or leveling speed or any in game benefit. Cosmetic Microtransactions is how they intended to support the game from day one.

So how is it that anyone is upset that a person paying has more cosmetic options than someone who isn't?

I could understand if you had paid for an effect because it looks cool, then they made it look less cool and brought out a new one that looked cooler and charged more. But what they supposedly 'took away' was something that you didn't pay for in the first place.
I dont believe it xD Its going exacly the same way this quitting dude described it will.
Sorry but if you add auras effects after scrubing them, at least make old ones an option to turn on.

Sorry but its just speechless how impertinent it is :)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Hexendoktor wrote:
Pay to lock nice

You know what better i wait for a new game and buy it from store.

I don't get it? Um yeah it's called cosmetics. Cosmetics that you pay for, if you so chose, that enables the company to have some semblance of income. Beside the characters look pretty damn nice with all the FREE art updates they have provided.

I still don't like a lot of helm designs and really don't care for the way the witch looks in a lot of chest armor. But that's cool. Maybe they will come out with some full body skins and I will BUY the hell out of them.
Just skimming through this joke thread....

Noticed someone bashing the class dances

I have almost all of them unlocked. And I frequently do /dance in town. People notice it and I've gotten many whispers from people thinking it's cool.

If I'm going AFK and standing in town.....I can just set a dance macro timer and look cool while I'm not there.

So... I am at least one person who likes those "god awful dance animations"

Cheers!!!
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
how does it affect party members though? do they get a mini version of it if they're affected by your aura?

I'm also curious on this, as I like to run auras, and I would think that my party will benefit from my purchase.
dont like it at all.

Would prefer an option for my own screen to display the old Aura looks rather then the current spaghetti string looking ones
IGN: Blackroset
I love this game, going to play it forever. This new anger effect though.. I just think it's corny as hell. I don't like the look of it at all, with the realistic approach taken on the game with the visuals this is a bit of a let down that I'll have to see this cheesy corny floating pac-man type demon head floating around other characters.. I know you can't please everyone, but damn. Maybe there could be an option to turn off other peoples visual effects? that would be a great idea i think, it might even help some people will low frame rate. Anyways that's my two cents on the aura effect, Even still this game is the best game to ever be released since Diablo 2. keep up the great work GGG. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info