Why does reave not work properly with Dual wield?

"
Shmez wrote:
First of all, it's 10% MORE attack speed, which is actually pretty huge. Second, Dual Wielding opens up the STRONGEST SINGLE TARGET ABILITY IN THE GAME (Dual Strike). So yes, it IS a fair trade off for losing a shield.

Game does not revolve around single target damage.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I guess it's time to link to this thread again.
At the bottom of the first page you'll find a more in depth explanation followed by a link to an even older and more in-depth one.

Short version; Dual wielding is supposed to be between shield and 2-hander. It has some block, but less than a shield, still has two items worth of stats (not all of which will be local), and has 10% more attack speed, which is a big bonus for attack speed builds.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 20, 2013, 9:58:17 PM
Cry can not use with facebreaker :(. Would it have been too op? Imagining Carcass Jacket, Melee Splash+Reaver+increase area of effect. I am guessing that's what is intended for... splash away.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Aug 20, 2013, 9:41:45 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
At the bottom of the first page you'll find a more in depth explanation followed by a link to an even older and more in-depth one.

Short version; Dual wielding is supposed to be between shield and 2-hander. It has some block, but less than a shield, still has two items worth of stats (not all of which will be local), and has 10% more attack speed, which is a big bonus for attack speed builds.

Fixed link
ROFL, from that thread:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Thalandor wrote:
Haha, I can't tell if Mark is trolling or not !!
I have no idea why you'd think I'm trolling when I explain game mechanics to people.

The Russell Wilson Era
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

The "more" is what people forget, it's very powerful. Plus there are many passives for dual wielding that are very powerful compared to their counterparts, and note that "attack speed while dual wielding" passives add to the multiplicative 10% base. It is extremely potent, especially when you consider that attack speed + life leech/onhit = survivability.
"
jaxdahl wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Fixed link
Thanks, post updated.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Shmez wrote:
First of all, it's 10% MORE attack speed, which is actually pretty huge. Second, Dual Wielding opens up the STRONGEST SINGLE TARGET ABILITY IN THE GAME (Dual Strike). So yes, it IS a fair trade off for losing a shield.

Yeah, except you can link Melee Splash to it. So again, one of the most damaging abilities in the entire game is only accessible by Dual Wielding.
alternating weapons is not acceptable... every other skill in the game does the same...thats not dual wield doh!
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
Shmez wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Shmez wrote:

Yeah, except you can link Melee Splash to it. So again, one of the most damaging abilities in the entire game is only accessible by Dual Wielding.

If you link Melee Splash to it, Reave+Concentrated Effect still comes out on top (and that's just with single-wielding).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Aug 20, 2013, 10:02:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info