Why does reave not work properly with Dual wield?

"
TiltedAxis wrote:
AlLLLLL the stats of a shield, the higher block, the life, the defense....

im sure that trades off fairly to about 10% attack speed right GGG?

The last time I remember a one-handed weapon
also comes with many offensive stats and also possibly some resistance.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 20, 2013, 9:06:05 PM
So mark, you make skills? You proud how I can over every single offensive skill in this game and show how it scales FAR better with 1h / shield AND 2hand than duel wield...

EXCEPT FOR TWO?

1) Cleave

2) dual strike (WHICH REQUIRES DUAL WIELDING)

So truthfully...

Great design. That 10% attack speed is def a fair tradeoff for losing a shield. hey, I have two weapons, but i can only attack with them one at a time apparently, wow what a huge benefit!
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
TiltedAxis wrote:

Nope. Elemental and physical damage is local. What the offensive weapon could get is global crit mult and resists like you say.

It is however, very easy to reach max resists if you are at endgame and have decent wealth (1 exa per slot).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
TiltedAxis wrote:

.. it comes with offensive stats FOR THAT WEAPON

which do NOTHING if you can't properly utilize it by attacking with that weapon at the same time as the other... if you just alternate theirs absolutely no point to using a second one...

unless they had stronger skils...

which they do... Cleave and dual strike... and thats it.
Yes, dual wielding in PoE is largely broken. The way to fix this is to address the bonuses given by dual wielding themselves, rather than adding more bandaid skills that force you to dualwield due to offering explicit bonuses. You should be expecting Cleave to be fixed, not the addition of new skills with the same problems.
I'm pretty sure Reave is getting changed very very quickly. It feels way too weird: how can the smallest weapons in the game hit the largest area out of all the melee possibilities? Dual wield would make it at least more reasonable, as the character would probably swing both weapons in opposite directions, hitting a larger area. I know ARPGs aren't much about realism, but some things can REALLY cross the line.

Just my 2 cents.
Phys to light, yo.
Just don't dual wield.
"
katakiri wrote:
Just don't dual wield.

Bro, I know this might sound like pure lunatic batshit insanity but...

Some people...

Spoiler
enjoy dual wielding.
Phys to light, yo.
"
TiltedAxis wrote:

So 10% attack speed and 15% block is a fair trade off to losing a shield?

is that GGG design logic?

sorry thats retarded. tell me it isn't

It's not retarded. Anything else you'd like clarified?

Thanks, GGG, Reave's an intriguing new skill and your infrastructure work on this patch makes a huge difference!

First of all, it's 10% MORE attack speed, which is actually pretty huge. Second, Dual Wielding opens up the STRONGEST SINGLE TARGET ABILITY IN THE GAME (Dual Strike). So yes, it IS a fair trade off for losing a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info