Why does reave not work properly with Dual wield?

"
TiltedAxis wrote:
Why does reave not work properly with Dual wield?
It does. It alternates weapons, and gains a multiplicative 10% more attack speed, as well as having 15% block chance.

That's what working with dual wielding is. That is how dual wield works.

Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 20, 2013, 9:03:00 PM
I guess it's time to link to this thread again.
At the bottom of the first page you'll find a more in depth explanation followed by a link to an even older and more in-depth one.

Short version; Dual wielding is supposed to be between shield and 2-hander. It has some block, but less than a shield, still has two items worth of stats (not all of which will be local), and has 10% more attack speed, which is a big bonus for attack speed builds.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 20, 2013, 9:58:17 PM
"
jaxdahl wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I guess it's time to link to this thread again.
At the bottom of the first page you'll find a more in depth explanation followed by a link to an even older and more in-depth one.

Short version; Dual wielding is supposed to be between shield and 2-hander. It has some block, but less than a shield, still has two items worth of stats (not all of which will be local), and has 10% more attack speed, which is a big bonus for attack speed builds.

Fixed link
Thanks, post updated.
For the record, discussing and debating how strong the bonuses currently for dual wielding are and if they need increased is fine and good.

Insisting that dual wield in general, or this skill, should have double DPS, is unlikely to be productive, as that causes severe balance issues, as noted and explained in the threads I linked earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info