-

Just an update on my progress using this build.

Currently lvl 51 in Cruel A3 (yes I'm just a casual player but hooked ;) ). It was a scary journey but also lots of fun and breathtaking adrenaline pumping moments.

Here is my build (little bit different since I needed the res) and working to get the armor passives.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwOrRQgFHEX6hiwGNsc5yDwIWAnTyi1KaU6Uj-bQKBBqkOcRIFE51BHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1uvXz9giGFSYnlqHmo7dPF254ZgjM-Rzp65ns2nMKgYud277cbY0O7SIdlh3CPfv-dS7w7vTvGK8i_2SPej9777RQ==

And gear below, are all either selffound, given by a friend or bought with the little currency I have.

Spoiler

With this I'm doing fine as long as I do not jump into a pack and get overwhelmed. Also chaos dmg is killing for me.

@Sodomee: Should I go for the extra crit chance passives a little bit up near the templar area (Disemboweling)? Currently only having 13,x% crit chance and with critical weakness 5% more.
Or should I go search for thrusting 1h sword with crit chance on them, and doing less dps.

Thanks again for the build, much fun even on ONS.
The dragons begin to speak, yin and yang are commingled
Some videos of high level maps!
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the extra physical damage on Abyssus doesn't effect reflect.

It reads "xx% increased physical damage taken from attacks" Pretty sure that reflect is reflect and not an attack.

Has anyone tested this to know for sure? I've got an insane rolled abyssus I've been trying to work into a build for the past month and this is is at the top of my list.
IGN: Ghured
"
Vandalain wrote:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the extra physical damage on Abyssus doesn't effect reflect.

It reads "xx% increased physical damage taken from attacks" Pretty sure that reflect is reflect and not an attack.

Has anyone tested this to know for sure? I've got an insane rolled abyssus I've been trying to work into a build for the past month and this is is at the top of my list.

Reflect is still classified as an attack / spell, just like the original source of its damage. Thats why ondars guile, spell block / dodge, evasion, block all work with reflect depending on if its an attack, spell, projectile etc

Enfeeble on monsters doesnt work on reflect, because its effecting the damage they deal to you. Reflect is just your damage dealt to them, after their armor / resists, being reflected at you, futher modified by your own armor / resists / mods. Enfeeble on you, vulnerability on you and them, and abyssus, and elemental weakness / critical weakness / projectile weakness on you and them all effect reflect because they work on / modify what damage you do / deal to them and take from the reflected damage.

Abyssus works 100%, you can ask the user Poutsos about it on his flicker striker :P

Abyssus is exactly the same thing as Vulnerability, Vulnerability is also x% more physical damage taken, except its physical damage in general. But if you had 50% abyssus and 40% from vuln, you would be taking 90% more physical from attacks / reflect from your own attacks, this is a % that is straight up multiplied *after* the armor / endurance charge reduction formula.
Didn't realize it worked like this...Pretty shitty if you asked me.

I've been wanting to use it in a build for ages because its a BrotherLaz item and i'm a huge fan of his and MXL's.

Extremely, extremely disheartening...
"
Vandalain wrote:
Didn't realize it worked like this...Pretty shitty if you asked me.

I've been wanting to use it in a build for ages because its a BrotherLaz item and i'm a huge fan of his and MXL's.

Extremely, extremely disheartening...

abyssus is known as the softcore helm for a reason :)

but hey, you can still use it if you want - no one is stopping you

currently these are builds im aware of using it as endgame item

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/513351

Meh, both of those are CI builds.

Can't do CI builds, far too boring.
"
Vandalain wrote:
Meh, both of those are CI builds.

Can't do CI builds, far too boring.

The type of resource doesnt make a build boring, and saying all life or CI builds are boring / not boring would be a huge generalisation
CI Melee, to me, is a complete snore-fest.

It's far too easy to get to the point where you are invincible. Although Vaal Pact is the culprit here...I would be very surprised if there wasn't a nerf in the near future.

Spellcasters in general are boring, IMO, because there are hardly any interesting spells, and the ones that are interesting are just so weak there's no reason to run them or are so expensive with 5-6 links in them it's nearly impossible to run them. Most caster builds seem to be CI, or are just more suited for CI rather than a life build.

The only exception to the spellcasters, for me, is Incinerate.

It's more or less the fact I find Life based builds far more challenging and enjoyable to play than CI-based builds, no matter the archetype.

About ur skill tree.. why there is taken that * cant evade attacks * while ur wearing evade giving gear ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info