-

Last edited by XorakX6 on Aug 30, 2013, 1:55:45 AM
"
With not being possible I was talking about respeccing out of these two duelist nodes. I didn't know you couldn't do that, but looking at at the tree it makes sense :P.

Anyway, I forgot I had a Marauder at Level 21 or something where I wasn't sure what to do with him, used some respec points and went for your build. I then used two-handed Mauls with Heavy Strike/Ground Slam until I got enough Dex for the rapiers. Now I'm Level 67 and really enjoying it, though my gear could definetely be better.
I might actually make it to doing maps with this Char.
Huge thanks for your help!

It is great to hear you had success using my build! I'm glad that this build worked out for you and hope that you have a great time mapping with it!

"
XorakX6 wrote:

I would not make a crit-based 2H cleave build to be honest. You will have 0% block and crit chance is harder to get in the passive tree. Also cleave greatly benefits from dual-wielding because you attack with both weapons at the same time.

If you are set on making a 2H version, I suggest changing the build you linked to something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABH4FLQ48Dq0S4RRxFfAX6hjbGtsb-iFgI_Yk_SXfKLUppTIJNYY6UjpYOrNAoEOcR35KfVBQVElVtVYEVvpXDVhjWkhbr18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWegbml07XTxeu989YTZhmCHGYdqh3aIj4oijM-QCpBskc6cJ52qnrmezZ_LoJ2i6qQZpzCplKvFuc253bvtvqfApsDzwQTEuMbY0iHVANX43Q3nUudU7g7uFO8O707v8PIv9kj3vvlj-0X8xdlhVamXtKy6GS7Ujyft892sqlnzwBoW-Yg4nYqQVaeEGjjsODrYLdI=

Physical damage stacking in your tree is not really all that important for a crit build. You will want to stack crit chance more than anything because it is going to be the most difficult thing to obtain with this build. Crit multiplier is easy to obtain with items such as Maligaro's and a nice rare amulet. Also, you will need more life, armour, and endurance charges if you plan on going for a 2H build because you will have 0% block.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Aug 30, 2013, 8:43:19 AM
"
Sodomee wrote:

"
XorakX6 wrote:

I would not make a crit-based 2H cleave build to be honest. You will have 0% block and crit chance is harder to get in the passive tree. Also cleave greatly benefits from dual-wielding because you attack with both weapons at the same time.

If you are set on making a 2H version, I suggest changing the build you linked to something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABH4FLQ48Dq0S4RRxFfAX6hjbGtsb-iFgI_Yk_SXfKLUppTIJNYY6UjpYOrNAoEOcR35KfVBQVElVtVYEVvpXDVhjWkhbr18_YEtgiGEhYVJlTWegbml07XTxeu989YTZhmCHGYdqh3aIj4oijM-QCpBskc6cJ52qnrmezZ_LoJ2i6qQZpzCplKvFuc253bvtvqfApsDzwQTEuMbY0iHVANX43Q3nUudU7g7uFO8O707v8PIv9kj3vvlj-0X8xdlhVamXtKy6GS7Ujyft892sqlnzwBoW-Yg4nYqQVaeEGjjsODrYLdI=

Physical damage stacking in your tree is not really all that important for a crit build. You will want to stack crit chance more than anything because it is going to be the most difficult thing to obtain with this build. Crit multiplier is easy to obtain with items such as Maligaro's and a nice rare amulet. Also, you will need more life, armour, and endurance charges if you plan on going for a 2H build because you will have 0% block.

Thanks alot for your input appreciate it.
I'd be very interested in a video of this build :)
is this viable for HC?
Probably going to do this, or a variation of it, as my next build but I've got a few questions.

I've noticed that cleave has a physical damage reduction penalty when dual wielding? How does that not completely gimp the damage on a DW phys cleave versus 1h cleave or ele cleave? Or is it on there so physical DW isn't completely broken? (Only ever done ele cleave)

I saw where someone asked about running an Abyssus. If itemized right (high HP pool and defenses not counting helm slot) do you think you could tweak the skill tree to grab some more armor/life/block to offset the physical damage increase?

I recently bought a very well rolled Abyssus and saw how much it skyrockets the damage on a physical crit build so I've been trying to incorporate it into as many new builds as I can.

I just feel like Abyssus is such a ridiculously strong item for phys crit builds and should be incorporated into them as best you can.

Oh, this is on softcore, too.
IGN: Ghured
Last edited by Vandalain on Sep 7, 2013, 9:35:07 AM
maybe i missed an earlier explanation but from the first post i understood u switch gems everytime u face a reflec rare? isnt that a complete pain?
"
thenewapollo wrote:
maybe i missed an earlier explanation but from the first post i understood u switch gems everytime u face a reflec rare? isnt that a complete pain?

You have missed the explanation (page 2), see quote below.

"
Sodomee wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:
I can handle map reflect pretty easily. For Physical Reflect, take out Concentrated Effect and replace Melee Physical Damage with Life on Hit. For Elemental Reflect, replace Weapon Elemental Damage with Life on Hit. If the map brings you below capped resists you should also replace Added Fire with Life Leech. For Double Reflect, replace Melee Physical and Weapon Elemental Damage with Life Leech and Life on Hit; take out Concentrated Effect. If it is Double Reflect and your resists are not capped, you will want to run only Multrike with double leech.

pretty easily - by fetching a 2200 armor chest piece and doing all the above steps in the middle of combat?

Why not just use immortal call vs phys reflect, use a heavy strike vs ele reflect and skip ele / phys reflect maps?

I said map reflect which means reflect mods directly on the map. I don't take out gems in the middle of a map. You can use immortal call for rare mobs with reflect, but with only 4 endurance charges it isn't exactly advisable to constantly use it in a reflect map for every pack of monsters. I don't need 6-7 endurance charges because I have so much armour, I can just granite for a reflect mob and focus him down. You can even use dual strike to focus down a reflect mob, but I usually just run in a group and let my brother(wander) focus down the reflect.

Also if you cannot obtain a 2k armour chest piece, It is better to stay away from all of the crit multiplier. Crit multiplier is the one thing that will kill you on reflect if you don't have enough armour. I have over 500 crit damage, but I suggest staying below 400 if you cannot get over 10k armour.

"
Slagmaur wrote:
Nice build and gear you got there mate.
Impressing dps also.

As for the 6L have you tried any of the critical support gems ?
What's your opinion about them ?
I'm gonna respec my 48 templar and think of going elemental crit cleave.

Thanks!

I haven't tried any of the critical support gems because I feel that I have enough crit multiplier and that the % damage bonuses scale much better with the crit damage that I have. I also feel that the critical strike chance gem isn't that great of a gem and I don't have any extra power charges in my build to make power charge on crit worth using.

My build might be able to be improved upon with different bandit rewards and gem combinations that I haven't tested yet. I just wanted to release this build because I feel like I am the only one who is not using RT on a cleave build. This is crazy because you can achieve so much more with a crit cleave build and you won't need as much gear as the RT cleave builds have. The most expensive piece I have is my chest and that was self-crafted. You don't need a 6 link though, I actually leveled to 88 in a 4 link that had only 600 armour. I was at 19k dps in a 4 link which was more than all of the BoR RT blenders that I saw in Anarchy.

I'm currently running this build on ONS (still low lvl 36) and so far I really enjoy it (Multistrike = mandatory).
The dragons begin to speak, yin and yang are commingled
Followed this build till lvl 45 then a desync+bunch of mob rape me in act2 cruel.
Was having a lot fun & this was my first melee build and also my first serious try in Onslought.

Dps & survivabily were great, was using warlord's mark so i was 24/7 always full of mana&life&run speed. Also cleave was great, tough i was using axe for more dps (i specced a lot in life-nodes, and i was in the beginning of take those duelist+crit nodes)

Must reroll a new char, tough this time will be something ranger+minions... i'm done with melee desync...

Ty for sharing a great build.
This build deserve much more attention, to prove that also critical-melee-life based char can shine.

"
keddewow wrote:
is this viable for HC?

It might be viable for HC if you get really good defensive gear at the start, but otherwise reflect will be extremely dangerous. One thing you will need is a good chest armor with as much armour as you can get.

Personally, I don't recommend using a melee build for HC unless you are using an Aegis Aurora build. There is a very high risk of dying in maps as melee.

"
alex_gio1983 wrote:
Followed this build till lvl 45 then a desync+bunch of mob rape me in act2 cruel.
Was having a lot fun & this was my first melee build and also my first serious try in Onslought.

Dps & survivabily were great, was using warlord's mark so i was 24/7 always full of mana&life&run speed. Also cleave was great, tough i was using axe for more dps (i specced a lot in life-nodes, and i was in the beginning of take those duelist+crit nodes)

Must reroll a new char, tough this time will be something ranger+minions... i'm done with melee desync...

Ty for sharing a great build.
This build deserve much more attention, to prove that also critical-melee-life based char can shine.

It is great to hear that you had a good experience with this build. I really hope that crit builds become more popular.

I'm sorry to hear about your desync death though, that really sucks.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Sep 13, 2013, 2:52:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info