:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

My Sailor-moon fanatic GF gave up on Crystal about halfway through S1. Just as I did with Dragonball Super. I've heard Crystal does improve around s3 but eh, life's too short. Dragonball Super improved the moment it got past the elaborate recapping of the two movies and I was glad to pick it up again once it started doing new things. Crystal is still just a retelling.

Having seen almost 40 eps of Futari Wa Precure now, I think it craps all over Sailor Moon. The action is...actually action, and occasionally very well animated. It's still very much in SM's debt but it adds genuine fighting to the fights, to the point where I often wince when one of the girls gets slammed into or through a wall. Also, ZERO PANTY SHOTS. Like, zero.

Both obviously pale in the face of the awesomeness that was Utena, but I think Precure is a good 'step forward' from Sailor Moon.

Mostly I'm just eager to see Heartcatch, but we have to get through Futari first.

___

I did not know that Kyoani reanimated every single episode of Haruhi's Endless Eight, which I didn't so much skip as not bother to acquire. Now it's on Crunchy, I plan to do that very soon. Also, the 100% chronological rebroadcast fascinates me, since I've watched S1 in both Haruhi and Kyon order.

____

We're not dropping Darling in the FranXX but we've mutually decided we're just too damn old for it. It's just such an immature show. Precure handles teen angst and anxiety better than DFXX, for fuck's sake. This whole 'kiss thing' is just stupid. I've decided that show is probably fine for eternal virgins who still find the idea of kissing someone mystifying or miraculous. DFXX has been moved from our last show on Sundays to first, to get it out of the way.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Currently watching Sailor Moon Crystal with my better half. She is having a great time and it is okay but once I get this over with and I encounter another time "heroes nearly die and get fucked over easily but in a last effort blast the evil away through the power of friendship" I will delete my brain. My Little Pony is written less predictable.

Give me something lighthearted with actual surprises, like Nichijou.

The best cure for the Sailor Moon shoujo-tropes-everywhere blues is Cute High Earth Defense Club. Trust me. It's fucking amazing. Just don't do any research because you might spoil yourself. And this is one show where you want to go in blind.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 12, 2018, 7:28:42 PM
"
The best cure for the Sailor Moon shoujo-tropes-everywhere blues is Cute High Earth Defense Club. Trust me. It's fucking amazing. Just don't do any research because you might spoil yourself. And this is one show where you want to go in blind.

I'll give this a shot once Sailor Moon is off the watchlist. Googled the name and the cover is promising, looks like some fun for me and the wife, thanks! :)
oh shit weeb thread, hi im a weeb too
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
This rewatch of Haruhi in proper chronological order sure makes a LOT MORE FUCKING SENSE than the original airing. Good lord. But damn, early Kyoani sure did love to mimic Gainax. Then again, who didn't back then?

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
This rewatch of Haruhi in proper chronological order sure makes a LOT MORE FUCKING SENSE than the original airing. Good lord. But damn, early Kyoani sure did love to mimic Gainax. Then again, who didn't back then?

Only back then? Some still do that.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Some. Not as many. Its more fashionable to mimic shaft now.

*tilts head* no idea what you're talking about...
"

Memories of intense image rehashing with peaceful music and cicada cries surge my mind. The picture remains the same for almost an entire minute yet the story seems to develop. Never was one frame ever under such artistic scrutiny as it is in these times. It is like finding Waldo but with no hope of finding anything other than time flushed down the sink.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Mar 14, 2018, 7:03:40 AM
Aaaaand Violet Evergarden once again took me on a trip to feeladelphia. I swear, this show... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
spoiler (duh)
And once again, it's the "people breaking down crying" part that really gets to me. Ann, her mother and the maid? Ok, one thing. Violet herself crying in the end? That's one emotional sucker punch right there.
We'll do VE today. Unlike KimiUso which was just brick after brick of forced trauma rammed down your throat, VE layers it fairly carefully BUT it is still noticeably artificial at times so it hasn't really gotten to me yet. Sorayori, on the other hand, has a natural authenticity to it that catches me off-guard. That show gives a full spectrum of feelings, which is a nice shift up in gears from the relatively monochromatic reaction to trauma and overcoming it.

Blazed through Haruhi. So weird seeing an ending you've already seen after episodes you haven't. Endless Eight was as entertaining as I expected. Definitely not a waste of time and I feel the only people who'd suggest skipping any episodes of it aren't really fans of animation, because Kyoani had a field day with it. The shifting mecha references after the kigurumi job had us in stitches.

Thinking Precure Max Heart next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info